[ROM][16 Augl]PARANOIDANDROID EVITA v1.5a B3 [ICS 4.0.4][HYBRID][STABLE]

Search This thread

mcmb03

Feb 24, 2011
yeah ill PM you

the menu button is the blank area to the right of the farthest right capacitive button. basically the right-most of the touch sensitive space under your screen.

you're the man

EDIT: here's a mirror for everyone till Goo.im is up: http://goo.gl/Zkujm

Everyone should read the cached version of the website too if you didn't see the homepage last week. They are in dire need of funding, so any contributions are appreciated. (Cached version of Goo.im here)

Last edited:

benjamin.j.goodwin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 28, 2011
Northampton
Google Pixel 4 XL
Evening all! Thanks hugely for the welcome. Long day at work so will get settled and see what's what! Just so you guys know, this is in line with the v1.5b of Paranoid Android which is the most recent ICS version. Jesus is working on a new PA Panel App which I will port across when released.

As for the fixes rohan32, I will pop in. Thanks for the offer. :) If it's compiling commits from git I will have problems as PA source is closed so the port was 7zip heroing and apktool hacking.

Off for some food and a good cuppa ;)

robertmoore208

Mar 30, 2011
Post Falls
Has anyone figured out a good arrangement for making the contacts and such more easily readable without shrinking the keyboard ... It's either the words are super big and the keyboard is miniscule, or the other way around lol.... Great Rom by the way :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

benjamin.j.goodwin

Aug 28, 2011
Northampton
Google Pixel 4 XL
Has anyone figured out a good arrangement for making the contacts and such more easily readable without shrinking the keyboard ... It's either the words are super big and the keyboard is miniscule, or the other way around lol.... Great Rom by the way :)

Change the contacts app individually. Settings > Paranoid > List of Apps > All :)

Reactions: robertmoore208

robertmoore208

Mar 30, 2011
Post Falls
454c1e99-7796-6f31.jpg

Wicked rom :) and the huge widget lol

benjamin.j.goodwin

Aug 28, 2011
Northampton
Google Pixel 4 XL
LOL, that is a touch large. Have you forced scaling in that app with the widgets.

Go to Settings > Paranoid > List of Apps > Rhapsody and then select force scaling, possibly with settings a different dpi for the app itself.

That should work. If not, try settings more grid space on your home screen :)

Reactions: robertmoore208

robertmoore208

Mar 30, 2011
Post Falls
Did the force scaling ... I'll try the other :) Worked... had to adjust the grid size , reboot and then reinstall the app but its all fixed , thanks

Last edited:

aznrice2k4

May 27, 2010
Chi-Town
Haha thanks. I'm wondering is there anyway to create toggle status bar as a shortcut within apex because apex's doesn't toggle it in tablet mode.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

benjamin.j.goodwin

Aug 28, 2011
Northampton
Google Pixel 4 XL
Haha thanks. I'm wondering is there anyway to create toggle status bar as a shortcut within apex because apex's doesn't toggle it in tablet mode.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Other than holding the power button and toggling that way, I don't know. Don't think you can in apex. Oddly I stick to trebuchet, just for the tablet homescreen animation.

Sent from a Paranoid Nexus

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    paranoidxqkmy.png

Wanna be up to date with ParanoidAndroid project news? Click here and visit our webpage!

3343s3s.png

paranoid_notab.png

This is an ongoing developer project to make way for a modification that will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the experience of your phone.

Features :
    PAL, First time in Android history that Per-App-Layout has been realized
    This rom features a setting called Per-App-Density - PAD. It basically allows you to scale apps, make them bigger or smaller. This is a must for tablet mode since it shrinks your apps considerably, making them useless. you can even scale widgets and framework components like the navigationbar.You can define an apps native DPI with it, make it look stock, smaller or bigger than that, your decision.
    All apps are depicted at DPI 182 per standard. No other rom has that feature right now
    Google Play does not allow density changes and will stop working if you mess around with that. This rom fixes that problem for you 100%.
    More stuff: Recents window closer to stock, fixes for overlapping elements, framework fixes, no crashes, working Phone (looks 100% like stock aswell),Sense 4 Recent Apps too etc.

paranoid_instructions.png

Download ROM : ParanoidAndroid Evita v1.5a Build 3
    1. Make Sure You're On The Latest CWM Or TWRP
    2. Make A Backup
    3. Wipe Data/Factory Reset In Recovery
    4. Flash PA Evita v1
    5. Reboot
    6. Wipe Caches
    7. Flash NEW PA Evita v1.5a
    8. Flash the modified Gapps : Fixed Gapps
    9. Extract boot.img from ZIP and flash it in fastboot
    10. Reboot

paranoid_hints.png

• Go to Settings, System, Font size, set it to NORMAL
    • Check "Auto Hide" in Settings, System, Statusbar, to finally get Fullscreen (or Hold power button, and press "Toggle StatusBar")
    • Launcher Settings: margins: SMALL (If youre using Apex / Nova), show permanent searchbar: YES, Grid: 5x4, resize all widgets: YES, Wallpaper scrolling: OFF

paranoid_trouble.png

• 2G/3G Switch
    • Some Multi-Touch Issues
    • Panoramic Mode on Camera - No Go

paranoid_credits.png

PARANOIDANDROID Team (D4rKn3sSyS - Java Programmer & molesarecoming - Software Developer) | h8rift for cm9 on One X | jags_the1 - for testing and feedback | lfwake08 - testing and feedback | rohan32 for fix direction | PM if I forgot you :)
    paranoid_changelog.png

Code:
    [U][URL="http://goo.im/devs/mightynoodle/EVITA/PARANOIDANDROID_EVITA_v1.5a_b2.zip"]v1.5a 18/07/2012[/URL][/U]

- Completely new PA Hybrid System (Inline with new PA)

- NFC Fixed

- Backlights Fixed

- pad.prop edits galore (first boot should be better)

- Settings Resized

- Camcorder Fixed (If it was broken?!)

- Did some trimming

- new cm9 base - credits h8rift

- thanks to rohan32 for some fixes direction

- Goo.im hosted and supported so updates through app

- Honestly can't remember what else - spents so long on it. 

- Updated Bug List in OP

- Sound Edits for Slightly Louder Audio

[U]v1 16/07/2012[/U]

- Initial Release
    Wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the two testers :) and them asking for it through PM. ;)

Still needs some ironing out but have a play.

Sent from a Paranoid Nexus
    Probably miss understood this :p, I took it that you didn't need to flash the boot.img at all. Had to restore with my nandroid because I have no computer avaliable right now. I'm definitely looking forward to this though. Oh does it matter which zip you take the boot.img out from?

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium

Preferably the second one :) as I rebased it on a new cm9

As for the cm10 guys, I will get it out soon - just I build it on my HTC One S first and then work on porting to you. I haven't had time as I am desperately trying to replace my car as I need a new one. Hope you guys won't mind the wait.
    @OP You can fix camcorder pretty easily, hop onto IRC #HTC-One-XL any time and I can show you how.
    And NFC and other stuff as well.