[Q] Warranty/Repair Questions

Search This thread

AndroidDude24

Jun 22, 2012
Just sent my Nexus 7 for a touch screen problem. For some reason it keeps registering two fingers when only one is actually being used. This caused erratic typing and ghost touches. The thing is on the front panel, there is a minor scratch that isn't too large but barely touches the screen. Do you think that would be considered a damage by me or would they not question that? It is a scratch for sure not a crack, but it is pretty dominant. I got the scratch before this display thing had started to happen and the scratch isn in the same area as the place in which the display is faulty.

Thanks in advance.

ngyurov

Nov 18, 2010
You can't do anything about the scratch anymore, so your best bet is to send it to the caste center and hope they fix it.

How did you scratch it? Did you drop it? Because if you did, there might be damage on other components as well. If you didn't, then there's nothing to worry about, just a scratch is no big deal.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: AndroidDude24

crazyjimbo

Feb 11, 2012
Noblesville, IN
I'm having the exact same issue, it's most noticeable when typing, sometimes when scrolling web pages it zooms in or out like I'm using two fingers, and my N7 is in perfect condition, with no damage on the screen at all. If they're going to just fix it you shouldn't have an issue, replacing it completely they may give you some trouble.

Reactions: AndroidDude24

AndroidDude24

Jun 22, 2012
You can't do anything about the scratch anymore, so your best bet is to send it to the caste center and hope they fix it.

How did you scratch it? Did you drop it? Because if you did, there might be damage on other components as well. If you didn't, then there's nothing to worry about, just a scratch is no big deal.

The scratch came from my car keys. Ik that the scratch wont be fixed but I do not want them to blame the screen error on the scratch which I am afraid is going to happen.

AndroidDude24

Jun 22, 2012
I'm having the exact same issue, it's most noticeable when typing, sometimes when scrolling web pages it zooms in or out like I'm using two fingers, and my N7 is in perfect condition, with no damage on the screen at all. If they're going to just fix it you shouldn't have an issue, replacing it completely they may give you some trouble.

It seems that N&'s built during September of 2013 have this problem. Check your box for the build date and see if it is the same. Thats exactly what I have. When I type it hits too keys. For example it will hit c and space. Hopefully they replace it. Thanks though

crazyjimbo

Feb 11, 2012
Noblesville, IN
It seems that N&'s built during September of 2013 have this problem. Check your box for the build date and see if it is the same. Thats exactly what I have. When I type it hits too keys. For example it will hit c and space. Hopefully they replace it. Thanks though

I bought mine in August and it's just getting worse with time.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

AndroidDude24

Jun 22, 2012
I bought mine in August and it's just getting worse with time.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Try calling ASUS and sending it in. They will fix it for free. Also ask the service guy for free shipping. Usually you have to pay but if you keep on asking, he will finally give in. Good Luck with your tablet!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.