[Q] A newbie question about RTL languages on Lenovo A690

Search This thread

iyuvalk

May 7, 2014
Hi,

I recently purchased a Lenovo A690 smartphone on a Chinese website and now I tried to configure it to use Hebrew for menus, buttons etc. It shows the Hebrew in reversed characters order.

It has Android 2.3.6 installed and even after I checked the system updates screen it doesn't show any available updates for it. Is it possible to fix this? If so how?

Thanks a lot,
Yuval.

kermage

Feb 3, 2014
Iligan City
Hi,

I recently purchased a Lenovo A690 smartphone on a Chinese website and now I tried to configure it to use Hebrew for menus, buttons etc. It shows the Hebrew in reversed characters order.

It has Android 2.3.6 installed and even after I checked the system updates screen it doesn't show any available updates for it. Is it possible to fix this? If so how?

Thanks a lot,
Yuval.

maybe it doesnt really have any available updates at all.. :D

iyuvalk

May 7, 2014
That sounds unlikely... the version is from 2012 - and there's another issue...

maybe it doesnt really have any available updates at all.. :D

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply but I really think that it's highly unlikely that there are no updates for the OS... that version (2.3.6) is from 2012... something must have happened since then...

Also, what I'm really interested in solving is the Hebrew characters order. Besides, isn't it possible to upgrade it to KitKat?

T.I.A,
Yuval.

kermage

Feb 3, 2014
Iligan City
Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply but I really think that it's highly unlikely that there are no updates for the OS... that version (2.3.6) is from 2012... something must have happened since then...

Also, what I'm really interested in solving is the Hebrew characters order. Besides, isn't it possible to upgrade it to KitKat?

T.I.A,
Yuval.

phone updates really depend on the manufacturer..you can somehow update/modify your phone through custom ROMs..
regarding the Hebrew character order, i really dont know about that.. sorry :(
KitKat? again still depends on the manufacturer.. :good: