[GameKeyboard] Trying out a new webpage design for GKP Presets

Search This thread

TLRtheory

Aug 14, 2011
GameKeyboard Webpage has been completely redesigned to favor quick access and convenience CLICK HERE AND START CHECKING OUT HOW MANY GAMES THIS HAS MADE PLAYABLE!

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Of course I am unallowed to share the BETA, but you best believe I'll report it's performance!

If you haven't heard of LocNet's GameKeyboard, it's basically an app that allows you to do multiple things; from creating an on-screen game-keyboard to re-mapping hardware keys.

The official 2.0 update has been released that allows something absolutely revolutionary for Xperia PLAY owners; touch-screen to hardware keyboard action mapping.

...and what does that mean? ALL Android games become Xperia PLAY Optimized... never again will we have to use lame-ass touch controls for games that are clearly too action-reaction based to be played with virtual buttons :D

BASIC SETUP TUTORIAL:

REQUIREMENTS:
• Root Access (SEE THIS THREAD!)

SETUP PROCESS:
Step 1: Install and open GameKeyboard. Click "Step 1: Tap here, find..." and Check the box next to Game Keyboard
Step 2: Long-press the "Step 2: Tap here and..." area until a window pops up; select "Input Method", then select "Game Keyboard"
Step 3: Click the Button that says "Step 4: (Optional) Tap here to..." There are a number of changes we must make here.
........- Click "Select Gamepad," and select "8 buttons"
........- If necessary, check the box that says "8-way D-Pad"
........- Check the Box that says "Re-map Hardkey" (Checking the "Show start and select is not necessary")
Step 4: Enter the "Hardkey Mappings" sub-menu, we will make a number of re-maps here
........- Select "Mapping 1". When the window appears, press X on your Xperia Play, then scroll down to "Gamepad A"
........- Select "Mapping 2". When the window appears, press O on your Xperia Play, then scroll down to "Gamepad B"
........- Select "Mapping 3". When the window appears, press Select on your Xperia Play, then scroll down to "Gamepad Z"
........- Select "Mapping 4". When the window appears, press Start on your Xperia Play, then scroll down to "Gamepad C"
........- Press the phone's back hardware key to exit "Hardkey Mappings" (NOTE: Circle no longer doubles as "back")
Step 5: Enter the "Layout Edit" Sub-Menu, Check both "Layout Edit Mode" and "Enable Custom Layout," then press back
Step 6: Scroll all the way down to the bottom of this menu and select "Touchscreen Mode"
Step 7: That's it! From here you can easily pull up the GameKeyboard, and start drag-mapping touch-screen actions to hardware keys or importing from the archive of pre-made game configurations if you don't want to manually configure every game.

RESOURCE LINKS:
GameKeyboard 2.0 article on XperiaPlayGamer: http://xperiaplaygamer.net/articles/everything-xperia-play-optimized.html
GameKeyboard 2.0 article on PocketGamer: http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Xperia+Play/Sony+Ericsson+Xperia+Play/news.asp?c=40221
GameKeyboard 2.0 article on IntoMobile: http://www.intomobile.com/2012/04/26/gamekeyboard-makes-all-android-games-optimized-rooted-sony-ericsson-xperia-play/
GameKeyboard 2.0 article on TalkAndroid: http://www.talkandroid.com/109619-gamekeyboard-2-0-adds-xperia-play-gamepad-support-to-all-android-games/
GameKeyboard 2.0 article on Engadget: http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/03/gamekeyboard-for-xperia-play/
GameKeyboard on the Google Play Store: PLAY STORE LINK
GameKeyboard BETA Video Backlog on YouTube: BETA 1, BETA 2

Don't feel like setting up each and every game? CLICK HERE AND CHECK OUT THE IMPORT-ABLE PRE-SETS I'VE MADE!

Last edited:

poo-tang

Nov 21, 2011
www.xperiagamer.com
If you haven't heard of LocNet's GameKeyboard, it's basically an app that allows you to do multiple things; from creating an on-screen game-keyboard to re-mapping hardware keys.

The BETA has been sent out for a new update that means something absolutely revolutionary for Xperia PLAY owners; touch-screen to hardware keyboard action mapping.

...and what does that mean? ALL Android games become Xperia PLAY Optimized... never again will we have to use lame-ass touch controls for games that are clearly too action-reaction based to be played with virtual buttons :D

Give the video some time to finish uploading+processing.

I messaged the Sixaxis app dude about this ages ago and he was not bothered. Love the idea lets hope it works well, touch pad would be nice but thinking it will only be buttons for now. I use the sixaxis app with a few other droids and you can get touch profiles working perfect. Sony should have made this an inbuilt feature. :) Nice Find

Last edited:
Reactions: TLRtheory

TLRtheory

Aug 14, 2011
God. This is AMAZING. There's only one con to this thing though... the on-screen controls won't disappear, i guess. :\

You can make LocNet's virtual control pad disappear just by hitting "back" (and the controls will still work)... but for each individual game... that all relies on whether or not the specific developer was thoughtful enough to add transparency toggling.

TLRtheory

Aug 14, 2011
Re-upped the video... couldn't let people endure the torture of that doubled, garbled audio :)

The Alpha Gamer

May 7, 2011
I see two problems

1. Are we going to have to change the button mappings every time we play a different game? Or does it save the settings for each individual game?

2. Are we going to have to swap from text keyboard to game keyboard at the start of every game and then switch back to text keyboard afterwards?

L

LegionTHEFecalExcretion

images

bannana_man

Apr 18, 2012
What about this free alternative, seems like it would work about the same without having to pay $2.50:

hxxps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fishstix.gameboard

capncark

Jan 17, 2009
This is sweet! I got this keyboard a couple months ago for cheats in gta3. Any idea of an eta for the new version?

Mael5trom

Jun 15, 2010
@TLR, i was actually fiddling with this app a few days ago, and whilst i think its fantastic, ....how in gods name do you do capital letters???? I needed it for a password and i had nfi how to do it.

apart from that i think the transparent mode could be a bit less intrusive, the keyboard a bit more full featured (capitals and symbols would be nice) but thats about it, if he cleared those up id be a happy camper, and now with the onscreen to hw mapping, hes basically just revolutionised android gaming for us xplay and hw keyboard folks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GameKeyboard Webpage has been completely redesigned to favor quick access and convenience CLICK HERE AND START CHECKING OUT HOW MANY GAMES THIS HAS MADE PLAYABLE!

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Of course I am unallowed to share the BETA, but you best believe I'll report it's performance!

The official 2.0 update has been released that allows something absolutely revolutionary for Xperia PLAY owners; touch-screen to hardware keyboard action mapping.

BASIC SETUP TUTORIAL:

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Root Access (SEE THIS THREAD!)

SETUP PROCESS:
    Step 1: Install and open GameKeyboard. Click "Step 1: Tap here, find..." and Check the box next to Game Keyboard
    Step 2: Long-press the "Step 2: Tap here and..." area until a window pops up; select "Input Method", then select "Game Keyboard"
    Step 3: Click the Button that says "Step 4: (Optional) Tap here to..." There are a number of changes we must make here.
    ........- Click "Select Gamepad," and select "8 buttons"
    ........- If necessary, check the box that says "8-way D-Pad"
    ........- Check the Box that says "Re-map Hardkey" (Checking the "Show start and select is not necessary")
    Step 4: Enter the "Hardkey Mappings" sub-menu, we will make a number of re-maps here
    ........- Select "Mapping 1". When the window appears, press X on your Xperia Play, then scroll down to "Gamepad A"
    ........- Select "Mapping 2". When the window appears, press O on your Xperia Play, then scroll down to "Gamepad B"
    ........- Select "Mapping 3". When the window appears, press Select on your Xperia Play, then scroll down to "Gamepad Z"
    ........- Select "Mapping 4". When the window appears, press Start on your Xperia Play, then scroll down to "Gamepad C"
    ........- Press the phone's back hardware key to exit "Hardkey Mappings" (NOTE: Circle no longer doubles as "back")
    Step 5: Enter the "Layout Edit" Sub-Menu, Check both "Layout Edit Mode" and "Enable Custom Layout," then press back
    Step 6: Scroll all the way down to the bottom of this menu and select "Touchscreen Mode"
    Step 7: That's it! From here you can easily pull up the GameKeyboard, and start drag-mapping touch-screen actions to hardware keys or importing from the archive of pre-made game configurations if you don't want to manually configure every game.

RESOURCE LINKS:
    GameKeyboard 2.0 article on XperiaPlayGamer: http://xperiaplaygamer.net/articles/everything-xperia-play-optimized.html
    GameKeyboard 2.0 article on PocketGamer: http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Xperia+Play/Sony+Ericsson+Xperia+Play/news.asp?c=40221
    GameKeyboard 2.0 article on IntoMobile: http://www.intomobile.com/2012/04/26/gamekeyboard-makes-all-android-games-optimized-rooted-sony-ericsson-xperia-play/
    GameKeyboard 2.0 article on TalkAndroid: http://www.talkandroid.com/109619-gamekeyboard-2-0-adds-xperia-play-gamepad-support-to-all-android-games/
    GameKeyboard 2.0 article on Engadget: http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/03/gamekeyboard-for-xperia-play/
    GameKeyboard on the Google Play Store: PLAY STORE LINK
    GameKeyboard BETA Video Backlog on YouTube: BETA 1, BETA 2

Don't feel like setting up each and every game? CLICK HERE AND CHECK OUT THE IMPORT-ABLE PRE-SETS I'VE MADE!
    Guess that means he got touchpads working on gingerbread :)
    You are correct, sir!!!

Just got a very, very special email from LocNet... some pretty epic stuff is about to go down!!!! :D
    Amy way to add these to the launcher?

Nah... good news is our main man DeanBoro's back in action; and has already spoke that all of the unfinished/temporarily suspended projects he was working on are back in action - including the ICX Launcher that'll allow us to have that beautiful Game Launcher-style illustration, without having to depend on whether or not a dev is competent enough to update their AndroidManifest.xml.

Looks great... cant wait for a release...

Oh yeah? Then DON'T wait - it's out... where EVERYONE can play with it :)

(Expect a video very soon)
    TLRtheory, yep, here I am - that's me. You know how I feel right now, when I heard that you know me? It's so sweet, I'm very happy right now :).
    Yeah, I made games, when X10 users needed it. Next I have to sell my X10 (money problems), but one of XDA users buy me one again, so I can continue my adventure with this device. When my last moded games relased, I noticed, that Gameloft learn a little - they use other structure of files (you know from :D?), and I don't need to make some modifications - the only problem for X10 and gaming on it was old hardware (=slow performance on new games). So then, I, with my new X10, start working :D. That's why now we have DiXperia Gaming (of course only X10 users), so we can play GTA III or MC3 without lags ^^. For now, present time, I have X10, and Play, and I want to develop few things before I go (yes, unfortunely, I have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, and I think soon eveything ends :() - ICS for X10 and Play, and maybe some Kernel for X10. Then, if things go good, I will get Xperia 'Hayabusa' or 'Mint' (codenames), make one fully-super-uper stuff for it, and complete my carrier on development. This is short info about some of my work :D.

GetPatriotized, :).