[REF] Nexus 4 Stock OTA URLs

Search This thread

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
Unfortunately, thatguyitsme wasn't able to pull the OTA URL or filename from his phone, so I still need someone to do that if anyone wants to volunteer. As soon as you turn on your phone, you should get an OTA notification. Before you apply it, look in your cache folder for the OTA ZIP (if you're rooted) or just get it from adb logcat. It'll probably look something like "abcdef123456.signed-occam-JOP40C-from-JVP15Q.abcdef12.zip".

Thanks!

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
Hello!

I'm the Xda wiki mod and I'm in the process of building the device page for the wiki.

LG Nexus 4 #Official ROMs - XDA wiki

I'm going to be adding everything I find too to the wiki page, along with official links.

Would you have any issue if I added your site as a link to the links section? (I think I already asked you previously, but I'll ask again nonetheless)
I would rather avoid linking to a non google URL (though I know that your links should be safe, but nonetheless they are not google links),
so the link would help benefit users seeking roms that are no longer available.
While the links will eventually break due to google removing old versions, I'm more interested in the links themselves for historical reasons.

As I do with my previous devices (see the entirety of the dell device section on the wiki):
I'm going to be a bit more liberal with the addition of entries, anything built by google will be included, or any unique baseband or bootloader versions.
I wont be including non-goog roms even though (such as the internal LG built roms), but their basebands and bootloaders will be listed.

While I'm still waiting on my chance to actually order a N4 (whole order page fiasco), I'll be providing OTA URLs whenever I get the chance (in the future).

Reactions: oldblue910

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
Unfortunately, thatguyitsme wasn't able to pull the OTA URL or filename from his phone, so I still need someone to do that if anyone wants to volunteer. As soon as you turn on your phone, you should get an OTA notification. Before you apply it, look in your cache folder for the OTA ZIP (if you're rooted) or just get it from adb logcat. It'll probably look something like "abcdef123456.signed-occam-JOP40C-from-JVP15Q.abcdef12.zip".

Thanks!

Anyone?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

deathpod

Oct 26, 2007
Syracuse

Thanks!

Pulled this out of my log. Hope it helps.

Code:
I/SystemUpdateService(  891): download in progress: [id: 3 compl: true succ: true bytes: 39806693 reason: 0 fn: /cache/609c838b9a40.signed-occam-JOP40C-from-JVP15Q.609c838b.zip]

I/SystemUpdateService(  891): file has been verified

I/SystemUpdateService(  891): OTA package size = 39806693

VivaErBetis

Nov 26, 2006
Madrid (Spain)
I will receive the phone soon and I have a question. What is better to do the initial upgrade, to use the full stock ROM or to use the OTA?

I know that it will be more or less the same, but I'm new to Android and maybe there are differences that I don't know.

Thank you for your comments!

reddv1

Sep 16, 2009
Torrance, CA
The ota update has a bunch of bootloader images that the factory image does not contain. I wonder what their purpose is? Could they be responsible for the " secure boot: enabled" message in fastboot mode?
jazu8e2u.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
They're probably patch files in the OTA whereas the factory image is a full image. I know bootloaders in OTAs are usually full images, but this is the first LG Nexus device so maybe LG has a way of patching only the particular pieces of the bootloader that need to be changed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
After a quick check of bootloader-mako-makoz10l.img vs the one's in the ota, it's simply all the bootloader files concated together.

The logical explaniation is that fastbooting it to bootloader, it's concated in the correct order so the device doesnt have to shuffle them to their correct locations.

The OTA does not contain all the pieces though, (the rest is me extrapolating off of a S3 device, I dont have a S4 device/N4 to verify if it's unchanged).
This is what it is:
  • radio.img = NON_HLOS.bin
  • bootloader.img
    • emmc_appsboot.mbn
    • sbl1.mbn
    • sbl2.mbn
    • sbl3.mbn
    • tz.mbn
    • rpm.mbn
  • boot/system/recovery/userdata go where their name suggests

What's missing from the OTA is sbl1.mbn, the update script does not check it either.
(this is exactly what happens on my S3 device, if it doesnt modify it, it doesnt check it)
The difference in size from bootloader.img from the individial files is approx the size of sbl1.mbn also.

Wonder why they didnt consistly deploy the firmware pieces as *.p's though, radio is a delta but the rest are not.

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
OB, you think we can also get the JVP15Q full rom on your site?

I only mirror official stuff from Google. They never made JVP15Q factory images available so I won't have them up. I mainly wanted all the info just for completeness. :) I suppose if someone can dump everything, including radio and bootloader, I would consider making it available as long as someone can provide me with proof that they work perfectly. I did this for the Nexus S soju images pre-2.3.6.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts