[Team Kernelizers][How To][SPR][TK MOD 1.0.4]KT747 Kernel Tweaks-Updated 5-14-13

Search This thread

castle_bravo

Dec 1, 2012
Gotham
Re: [Team Kernelizers] {how to} Ktoonsnative governor and I/O tweaks

I would delete 70.
As that's the only tweaks you have

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

And that's mentioned in the first few lines of the second op... like people have suggested,

To save clutter here's the link, it's like 5 pages back.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=38339063

I would suggest either noop or bfq, Zen with the newly recommended tweaks also, don't use row if looking for a record run.

Edit: 10 pages sorry, it feels like I posted those yesterday lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: mw86

frenchel

Sep 1, 2011

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
So is there going to be a zip or is this tweaks that we just dial in...

luis86dr

May 27, 2009
Jersey

I've gone 40+ hours with 5.5 hours screen time with my last posted tweaks on ktoonservative with noop as my I/o, that's with STRICT radio usage though. 3g only on for the time I needed it, Wi-Fi when possible.

:p

luis86dr_zps317d706e.png

Team Kernelizers; Kernel tweaking at its finest.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361764815692.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361764815692.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 188

pberge

Dec 20, 2012
Piermont, NY

I haven't done much testing with io schedulers, but tonight I did a comparison between bfq and noop as screen off schedulers and confirmed castle_bravo's findings from a few weeks ago.

I let my phone sit for 2 hours with zen as my main scheduler and noop as my screen off scheduler. My battery dropped by 6% even though it was in deep sleep 99% of the time. Then i switched the screen off scheduler to bfq, let it go another 2 hours and only lost 0.3% per hour according to bbs.

The drain with noop seems unusually high, but there were almost no wakelocks and nothing different running in the background.

I was running ds battery saver for both tests. I'm going to repeat with zen tomorrow and might also try bfq as my main scheduler.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

galaxys3man30

Oct 6, 2012
tallahassee,fl

Off topic:

Whooooo! Finally hit 1000 thanks!
Only took my 4500+ posts lmao. Doesn't seem like that much of an accomplishment , but its something :cool:

Congratz buddy thx for all your hard work
:thumbup::beer::thumbup::beer::thumbup::beer::thumbup::beer::thumbup::D:D:D:D:p:p:thumbup::beer::thumbup::beer::thumbup::beer:

President of {Team Kernelizers}
Im Gman and I approve this message
galaxyS3man_zps44e955e3.png

daniel4653

Jul 10, 2010
Southern California

Congratz buddy thx for all your hard work
:thumbup::beer::thumbup::beer::thumbup::beer::thumbup::beer::thumbup::D:D:D:D:p:p:thumbup::beer::thumbup::beer::thumbup::beer:

President of {Team Kernelizers}
Im Gman and I approve this message
galaxyS3man_zps44e955e3.png

Thank you good sir!

Wouldn't it be better to just get a more reliable kernel? One in which you didn't have to delete, edit, etc?

Ummm sir, this way to the door ----->

Lol

Its not on the side of the kernel. Roms have scripts that interfer with out tweaks. If you dont want to deal with all of that I would say to stick to a stock ROM.

And how boring would your phone be without being able to customize it. :)

ReapersDeath

Dec 6, 2011
Washington

And that's mentioned in the first few lines of the second op... like people have suggested,

To save clutter here's the link, it's like 5 pages back.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=38339063

I would suggest either noop or bfq, Zen with the newly recommended tweaks also, don't use row if looking for a record run.

Edit: 10 pages sorry, it feels like I posted those yesterday lol

Checked around 10 pages ago. All I found is the stuff I already tried. So far nothing working. And deleted that 70 script thing. No change. Unfortunately Ktoon seems to be the best compared to agots and stock. Idk how I'd get good life on stock kernel

Last edited:

bso44

Oct 2, 2010
Yes. No change

And you tried this workaround?

The list in order i mentioned on rom toolbox works it really works.
Short version
-Save backup in ktweaker wkth apply immediately at boot
-force stop, clear rom toolbox data
-enter rom toolbox, kernel tweaks, governor tunables, press nothing here but apply at boot
-back out
Reboot phone normally

Watch for super user messages
-ktweaker and all will apply
-ktweaker message says applied at boot
-cpu load goes to idle
-5-15secs later rom toolbox says settings applied
-enter ktweaker no message should be shown.

This has worked since November for me.

-it wont work if up, up htpg, down, down htpg are not different values atleast 1 away from each other. Plus up and up never can be below any down or down thresholds and opposite down thresholds can never be above the up thresholds.

Stick to this type of restrictions on tunables and if having trouble on the settings mismatch the rom toolbox method will work.

Castlebravo interesting on the files you mentioned. You can add a line or two to initd file any there added in and echo the values to the files at boot you want. You can use the initd in OP as a template, replace the values you want and change the file fplder location and the initd can be used as a template for whatever your needs were like this. Using the echo command would make those files say the value you want when the initd script launched at boot.
mw86.png

ReapersDeath

Dec 6, 2011
Washington

Ya, tried that. I could of done it somewhat wrong because it's a little confusing XD as I said in a post earlier, the rom toolbox method just gave me a lot of lag

ReapersDeath

Dec 6, 2011
Washington

Strange. That's what got it to stick for me and I haven't experienced any lag.

Ok so following that, how do I customize my settings? It says make a backup but doesn't say when to restore. Or if I have to duplicate ktoon with rom toolbox

Edit. Got it to stick. But if I was to make any changes, would I have to do anything in rom toolbox?

And how do you guys keep up on the newest "tweaks". All I see is the first page and then 200 pages of clutter and occasional new build.

I'm just looking for a set up that will give me some better performance and battery life.. I've been getting 3 hours screen on max

Last edited:
Reactions: shekinahsmoke

bso44

Oct 2, 2010
Ok so following that, how do I customize my settings? It says make a backup but doesn't say when to restore. Or if I have to duplicate ktoon with rom toolbox

1) Go into KTweaker and apply your settings
2) Also in KTweaker, "set on boot immediately" and check "lock frequencies"
3) Save a backup in KTweaker
4) Go in to app manager --> ROM Toolbox --> force stop and clear data
5) Go into ROM Toolbox --> Performance --> kernel tweaks --> governor and press nothing but apply at boot
6) Back out
7) Reboot
8) Watch for Super User messages
- KTweaker and all will apply
- KTweaker message says applied at boot
- ROM Toolbox says settings applied
- enter KTweaker and no message should be shown and your settings should stick

Last edited:

flastnoles11

Nov 16, 2011
Palm bay
OnePlus 9 Pro

Edit. Got it to stick. But if I was to make any changes, would I have to do anything in rom toolbox?

If you make changes no need to do anything in Rom toolbox, as long as you have it to "set at boot" in Rom tool box, everything you change in ktweaker will also change on Rom tool box, hope that makes things clear on that.

As for finding optimal settings, that's all about how you use your phone... ie: things syncing, widgets running, etc... personally, I use row and interactive and can get 24 hours with 4½ screen on time, but I sync absolutely nothing because I don't need to, I run no widgets except the stock tw weather widget, but I don't let it refresh on its own, if I need roti check the weather, I do it myself...

Wakelocks are also a killer for battery life, you can use the guide in my Sig to figure that one out because wakelocks will be different depending on the apps and settings you use... location settings is a battery drainer, turn it off if you don't need it, Google now also, huge battery drainer... biggest thing, if you don't need data, turn it off, even sitting idle with nothing syncing the radio still uses battery (I personally only turn data off at night because my IMO app has to remain functioning all day and needs data to be connected)

Bottom line, battery life is all about the way you use your phone...

Sprint GS3 FAQ THREAD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About​
    Welcome to Team Kernalizers's SPRINT Thread. This thread will attempt to teach you and show you how to maximize the performance and battery life of your GS3 running the KT747 kernel by Ktoonsez.

In this thread, you will learn everything you need to know about Governors, I/O Schedulers, Underclocking (UC), Overclocking (OC), Undervolting (UV) and the KTweaker application. We will also provide you with pre-configured tweaks to use.

This is a friendly support community. You can post your benchmarks, battery stats, feedback and settings. We will also help troubleshoot any problems that you may encounter while using this kernel and our tweak packages.

Rules​
    Please consider these rules before using this thread:
    1. Follow XDA Forum rules (http://xdaforums.com/announcement.php?f=1712)
    2. There will be NO FLAMING, NO SPAMMING, NO HARRASMENT of any kind. These will not be tolerated. You have been warned!
    3. Search the thread first before asking questions. Most likely, your question may have been answered already.
    4. If you are stuck and need help, DO NOT post comments like "this is not working". It will be ignored. You must provide necessary information like ROM Type (AOSP/TW), Kernel Version, OC, UV ...etc. You get the picture. The more you provide the better we can help
    5. Please allow time for the team to find an answer if we can’t figure it out we know enough people to help us out finding a answer thank you
    6. Be Patient :) We have our own personal lives outside of here. Allow the team some time to find answers. We will do our best to help.
    7. If you post screenshots, you are allowed a maximum of 3 screenshots.
    8. Keep posts/threads on-topic
    By post in this thread, you are agreeing to the above rules.
    Members​

• Galaxys3Man30
    • mw86
    • GTOJIM
    • Ramondal
    • clothednblack1
    • RErick
    • chinkybean
    • daniel4653
    • steelers_exe
    • crazymook
    • castle_bravo
    • luis86dr
    • MorphiousGX
    • TexasEpic4G for awesome banners he makes for us!!!!!

Supported Devices​
    AT&T Samsung Galaxy SIII : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2144004
    Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2032956
    T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy SIII: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2207286
    Verizon Samsung Galaxy SIII: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2201555
    USCELLULAR Samsung Galaxy SIII:
    http://teamuscellular.com/Forum/index.php?/topic/3472-[SUPPORT]-(Kernel)-ktoonsez-kt747
    Thanks​

ktoonsez - For giving us this amazing kernel and the plethora of options available with it. His thread his here Make sure to thank him!
    AT&T: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1756776
    Sprint: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1800576
    T-Mobile: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1871946
    Verizon: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1853816
    All of the Team Kernelizers members for their tweaks and dedication and help
    All of the testers, and followers

All of the ROM developers out there for making our phones fun to use

And of course our Friendly Forum Moderator:
    kennyglass123

Disclaimer​
    Team Kernalizers members, Ktoonsez, and ROM developers are not responsible for bricked devices or any other device issues you experience as a result of using information in this thread.

Every phone is different, especially since it was found that we have slow, nominal, and fast variations.
    Tweaks provided are extremely experimental and should be avoided by beginners and people who have important responsibilities tied to the usage of their phone.

You Have Been Warned: Use of any information, tweaks and applications in this thread at your own risk. You assume full responsibility for your own actions.
    Downloads
    Team Kernelizers Tweaks​
    All of our TK bin files will be available here:
    From Phone: https://m.box.com/s/5hazifi3odci94uyykws/1/698338185
    From PC: https://www.box.com/shared/5hazifi3odci94uyykws

Reporting Tools​
    Huge thanks to MorphiousGX for our live report form. Please report battery usages at these links.
    We will use this information to help make better adjustments to our tweaks. It will collect the necessary information to make sure people compare apples to apples*

You can also view results after you submit, and filter on any of the questions asked (i.e. Tweaker's name, governor, release date..etc).

The form can be found here*https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1-uz...3jPpg/viewform
    The results can be viewed here*https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Xc&usp=sharing

If you have any feedback (good or bad) please feel free to let MorphiousGX know he maintains it and you all should thank him.

Team Kernelizers Proudly Presents
    TK Mod 1.0.4-REV 4

Download​

Features​

• Bin File Rename
    • Individual renaming of the following bin Files for battery savings:
    • gsiff_daemon
    • mpdecision
    • qosmgr
    • smd
    • smdexe
    • Renames bin files with .bak
    • Bin File Restore
    • Individual restoring of the following bin files:
    • gsiff_daemon
    • mpdecision
    • qosmgr
    • smd
    • smdexe
    • Restores bin files to their original state.
    • Mods
    • KT747 Bootanimation Fix:
    • Use only if bootanimation is broken. Usually occurs on TW Roms.
    • Team Kernelizers TouchWiz Build Prop Tweaks
    • Team Kernelizers AOSP Build Prop Tweaks
    • Restore of Original TouchWiz Build Prop
    • Restore of Original AOSP Build Prop

Changelog​
    Located in TKMod zip​

Contest Splash Screens​

You now have access to all Team Kernelizers Contest Splash Screens in one zip!
    1st Place Splash Screen:
    yhyte5y5.jpg

2nd Place Splash Screen:
    ta3evuva.jpg

3rd Place Splash Screen:
    3ena8ugu.jpg

4th Place Splash Screen:
    ejama7u4.jpg

5th Place Splash Screen:
    ge8ebegy.jpg

6th Place Splash Screen:
    e3equdep.jpg

7th Place Splash Screen:
    3a9e5ave.jpg

8th Place Splash Screen:
    avuza4e9.jpg

9th Place Splash Screen:
    ha2ubazu.jpg

10th Place Splash Screen:
    ru2a6yju.jpg

11th Place Splash Screen:
    eragu7as.jpg

Stock Splash Screen: Reverts to Original Splash Screen.

Thanks from luis86dr​

• Edgehood for answering all my questions about Aroma! Thanks buddy!
    • steelers_exe for his awesome splash screen for Aroma Installer.
    • RErick for his build prop updater script & for providing Splash Screen zips.
    • mw86 for his build prop tweaks.
    • GMan for testing and helping me. Also for providing mirrors!
    • decimalman for making the build prop script work!
    • Ktoonsez for such a awesome Kernel and inspiring us to do what we do.
    • Everyone who helped with testing!
    • Team Kernelizers for being so damn awesome!

Known Bugs​
    Splash Screens will only work on TouchWiz
    Working on finding out the cause of these issues. Please report bugs in either of the Team Kernelizers threads.
    This is still in Beta, more is yet to come!!!!!!

Kernel Information​
    General Installation Instructions (for both TW and AOSP):​
    1. Download correct version of kernel for your device and rom. This is important as you may brick your phone is you use the wrong version.
    2. Flash kernel using your preferred recovery
    3. Do the following AFTER installing the kernel and BEFORE you reboot your phone:
    a. Clear cache
    b. Clear dalvik
    c. Fix Permissions
    4. Reboot your device.
    TW Specific Kernel Instructions:
    (can be used with AOSP too)
    There are some files on your TouchWiz phone that need to be renamed in order to maximize the battery life of your phone. There has been some debate on whether or not this is necessary, but for now we would recommend renaming these files to ensure that there is no chance of excessive battery drain.

Part 1:

These steps are only necessary on TouchWiz ROMs, however you can also do this on AOSP as well:
    1. You must have ROOT. You will need to have a root enabled file explorer on your phone (ES File Explorer works very well and you can get it from the play store (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop&hl=en). When you get it, open it up and go the the settings and scroll all the way down until you see the Root Settings. Go in there and enable ALL of the root settings.
    2. After that is done, navigate to your root folders using the Folder Up icon at the top. Once you are in your root folders, navigate to /system/bin and locate the following files. You will need to rename them with a ".bak" at the end of the filename
    gsiff_daemon --> gsiff_daemon.bak
    mpdecision --> mpdecison.bak
    qosmgr --> qosmgr.bak
    smd --> smd.bak
    smdexe --> smdexe.bak
    Renaming these files will not harm your phone. Many users rename these files every time they flash a rom, and no damge is done.
    Also, some ROMs come with these files renamed or deleted entirely, so if you don’t find a file, don’t be alarmed.
    You have to do this every time you flash the ROM and/or Kernel.
    If you feel uncomfortable doing this yourself, you can use the TK-MOD (see Downloads section) and it will handle this for you.

Part 2:

Stopping mpdecision from being called:
    1. Open terminal emulator and type the following code:
    su
    2. When terminal emulator asks for root permission hit 'Grant' or 'Allow'.
    3. At the # prompt type:
    stop mpdecision
    Using Rom Toolbox (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.liberty.toolbox) we will make a script that will stop mpdecision from being called at each boot so you don't need to use terminal emulator each time
    1. Open Rom Toolbox and scroll down to the Scripter option
    2. In the scripter, click the “+” button in the top right corner, then select 'Create'
    3. Type a name for our new script, lets call it “stop mpdecision”
    4. In the commands enter the following text:
    #!/system/bin/sh
    stop mpdecision
    5. Hit the disk icon to save it
    6. Select the script that you just created and a dialog box should pop up, select set at boot
    Were done here

AOSP Specific Kernel Instructions:
    When coming from a 3.0 Kernel to a 3.4 Kernel there is a new method with kernel updates. Skipping these steps will cause phone instability, due to some bad data left behind. This is a flaw in the Android OS, not the application. You must follow the instructions below (Thanks ktoonzs for the new method of the ktweaker app)
    1. Go to Settings on the phone
    2. Go to app manager then all apps
    3. Scroll down to ktweaker app n open it
    4. Once open hit FORCE STOP and then hit CLEAR DATA
    5. Reboot and flash your new update of ktoonzs kernel
    6. Repeat steps 1-4 in the above “General Installation” section
    You should be good to go after that

Resources & Useful Links

PERSONAL EXPERIENCES OF FOLLOWERS​
    @Maybelle
    I've been following along and will be so bold as to put in my two cents worth. I am a general/vascular surgeon. I got into Android because I was pissed off about a tablet I had that Toshiba wouldn't update. That lead me to y'all in time. I cannot say enough about how much respect I have for the Android and XDA development community. You truely "stick it to the man" while making the platform better.

I have been following the events related to Exit_Only and can say that while I have a hard time understanding the details of what is evolving I do understand that he, as well as all of you on the TK team, have helped me and my ability to communicate with my patients and my colleagues using a phone that does a lot more than its manufacturers or carrier would have it do.

We have "kanging" in medicine too. As a matter of fact it is written into the Hippocratic Oath IMO. What we do not tolerate in medicine is claiming credit for another doctor's work, although we are free to use it to benefit our patients as long as we do not claim glory for ourselves.

Kudos to EO for defending his hard work and kudos to all the rest of y'all for rising to his defense. I would be proud to support a TK website if that is the direction you wish to go in. I only wish I was more knowledgeable and could contribute in a more technical way. With your help I will get there.

I'm sorry if I am off topic but I had to speak.
    *Users with Ktweaker settings reseting: Freezing system tuner and or rom toolbox is a possible fix for either min/max mhz, scheduler or governor resetting in Ktweaker. Another way could be making a backup of your settings, clear data on ktweaker, reboot and restore settings twice as not all apply right first time and reboot again with restore settings immediately at boot.

*Ktweaker Issues if on Kt747 Kernel: could have issues on roms like Freegs3 and it is noted that if you prefer to use Ktweaker to set your settings vs script than make sure no conflicting script is running for example check /system/etc/initd/ for 70tweaks and remove or place somewhere for safe keeping to prevent conflicts with Ktweaker for example min max changing or voltage tables, governor or scheduler. This script in the example is Freezas script to set phone based on screen on and off and current battery level for example of some of its functions, there is nothing wrong with using scripts nor is there a problem with this script in particular. Just be aware there will be conflicts if used in conjunction with Ktweaker and or setcpu and the like.

Ktoonservative governor presets from our thread

BALANCED PERFORMANCE BATTERY LIFE (no order)

Ktoonservative 50 30 67 68 Freecharlesmanson tunables
    Ktoonservative50306768Freecharlesmansontunables-1.jpg

Ktoonservative 50 30 85 80 docnas tunables
    Ktoonservative50308580docnastunables-1.jpg

Ktoonservative 33 11 99 35
    Ktoonservative33119935-2.jpg

Ktoonservative 42 11 99 99
    Ktoonservative42119999-1.jpg

Ktoonservative 75 11 95 75 tunables
    Ktoonservative75119575tunables-1.jpg

HIGH BATTERY SAVINGS (no order)

-#*note#* (you can get away with one of these high threshold tunings and not feel laggy by using touch booster set to 384mhz on booster one and for touch two 486mhz which should help response time on any interactive action where in you touch the screen and immediately resume the normal minimum mhz as during touch boost the cpu still ramps based on load over the touch boost values if and as needed. It provides less frequency steps to target frequency during interactive use)*! 384/486 being conservative and 702mhz touch boost 1 756mhz touch boost 2 for more response and still will not be over target frequency during interactive use.
    Ktoonservative 75 90 95 99 single core
    Ktoonservative75909599singlecore-2.jpg

Ktoonservative 85 94 95 99 single core 12 31 2012
    Ktoonservative85949599singlecore12312012-1.jpg

Ktoonservative 60 35 97 75 Castle Bravo
    Ktoonservative60359775CastleBravo-1.jpg

Ktoonservative 60 35 90 70 Daniel4653
    Ktoonservative60359070Daniel4653-1.jpg

Ktoonservative 65 45 99 99 tunables
    Ktoonservative65459999tunables-1.jpg

Ktoonservative 65 55 99 99 tunables old revision
    Ktoonservative65559999tunablesoldrevision-1.jpg

Ktoonservative 65 45 97 95 Castle Bravo
    Ktoonservative65459795CastleBravo-1.jpg

SCHEDULERS

Jcdominguez chart
    [Light usage] SIO> ZEN> NOOP> Deadline > BFQ > CFQ [medium/heavy usage]

Battery Saving:
    -Noop: best battery savings for all mobile but not the best data rates. Considered a simple i/o
    -SIO: similar to noop but uses a little more battery with benefit of some deadlines.
    -Zen: Combo of noop, sio and deadline.

Balanced:
    -BFQ: a good balance of battery and performance.
    *tuning for solid state storage
    # Freecharlesmanson tunables original
    # MW86 tunables (use if above tuning resets ever time)
    Bfqtweakandfix2.png

Bfqtweakandfix.png

Performance with battery secondary:
    -Row: fastest latencies on reads over all governors but may have the highest battery drain. Read Over Write.
    #performance tuning Castle Bravo
    CastleBravorowperformance-1.jpg

-Schedulers/Governors Explained (thanks droidphile) (thanks for link Clothednblack)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=19846276

(thanks Grift) (thanks for link Clothednblack)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=26884853

Extra low Voltage Table:

! #@$ do not try this table if you have not tried the one in post one above. This is much lower and likely not okay for every phone but has been a non issue on mine and for a few others.
    2106mhz: 1290 mV
    1998mhz: 1260 mV
    1890mhz: 1225 mV
    1809mhz: 1200 mV
    1728mhz: 1175 mV
    1674mhz: 1160 mV
    1512mhz: 1150 mV
    1458mhz: 1145 mV
    1404mhz: 1140 mV
    1350mhz: 1135 mV
    1296mhz: 1125 mV
    1242mhz: 1110 mV
    1188mhz: 1100 mV
    1134mhz: 1085 mV
    1080mhz: 1075 mV
    1026mhz: 1035 mV
    972mhz: 1025 mV
    918mhz: 1010 mV
    864mhz: 1000 mV
    810mhz: 985 mV
    756mhz: 975 mV
    702mhz: 935 mV
    648mhz: 925 mV
    594mhz: 910 mV
    540mhz: 900 mV
    486mhz: 885 mV
    384mhz: 880 mV
    192mhz: 875 mV
    144mhz: 870 mV
    96mhz: 865 mV

Low Rider Volt Table

-note may not be stable using the same volts but a higher maximum mhz
    -if the above table or the one in post one are not stable do not attempt to load these
    -Thanks goes to Clothednblack1
    1242 MHz - 995mV
    1188 MHz - 975mV
    1134 MHz - 950mV
    1080 MHz - 945mV
    1026 MHz - 930mV
    972 MHz - 915mV
    918 MHz - 910mV
    864 MHz - 855mV
    810 MHz - 850mV
    756 MHz - 835mV
    702 MHz - 820mV
    648 MHz - 805mV
    594 MHz - 835mV
    540 MHz - 825mV
    486 MHz - 805mV
    384 MHz - 785mV
    192 MHz - 775mV
    144 MHz - 765mV
    96 MHz - 700mV this may be too low for some

General Tips for faster UI

-enable Hwoverlay and force gpu rendering (leave out Hwoverlay on touchwiz to prevent a noted video playback issue)
    HwoverlayandForceGPUrendering-1.jpg

-Disable animations and transitions on launcher (or set to as fast as possible)
    Turnoffanimationsandtransitionsonlauncher-1.jpg

-Use Launcher options to force launcher into memory like in Nova Launcher (Thanks Pberge)
    ForceLauncherinMemory.png

Create localprop and force app in memory thanks nonato

- Go to terminal type su hit enter
    -Type all of the following and hit enter to add an app to local.prop and force it in memory. Nova Launcher would be as follows. If local.prop doesn't exist the command will create it.

echo sys.keep_app_1=com.teslacoilsw.launcher-1 >> /data/local.prop

-(Thanks nonato for posting this trick in Seeder thread.)

Fix Gtalk fully disable if it was removed and causing a wakelock (needs credit need to find poster of this)

FixGtalkfullydisable-1.jpg

Cyanogenmod Based tweaks

-enable memory management options
    AOSPmemorymanagementtweak-1.jpg

-disable dithering (dithering on smooths color transitions off can show a banding effect) (if not on a CM based rom the use dithering 0 build prop has same effect)
    AOSPdisabledithering-1.jpg

-16bit transparency (close to half the bandwidth needed for 24/32bit color)
    AOSP16bittransparencydisabledithering.png

Rename these files on Touchwiz as pictured in System/Bin to prevent unnecessary battery drain (thanks for pic Jcdominguez)

Touchwizrenamefilessystembin-1.jpg

Thread on Touchwiz safe to remove apps GS3 (Thanks Vegas Rooted)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=32212501

User suggestions for removable apps (Touchwiz)

Touchwizsaferemoveapps1-1.jpg

Touchwizsaferemoveapps2-1.jpg

Stop MPDECISION on a 4.2.1 Rom

- Navigate like in this pic to system/etc
    Stopmpdecisionon421AOSPbuildseditinitpostbootsh-1.jpg

- Open initpostboot.sh
    - Go to line 223 (i use droidedit free at play store to edit the file it makes it easy to find line numbers)
    - Place cursor in front of mpdecision and insert a #. Save the file and exit and reboot. Thats all thats necessary to prevent stopping mpdecision from starting or showing errors over and over in logcat on Android AOSP 4.2.1.
    Stopmpdecisionon421AOSPbuilds-1.jpg

-*Credit goes to Decimalman thank you

Info on ROW Scheduler
    http://lwn.net/Articles/509829/
    -*Thanks CastleBravo

BUILD PROP
    -tested on Freegs3(4.1.1), Goodness(4.1.1)rom, Paranoid Android(4.1.2), Chemistry(4.1.1), Unofficial AOKP(4.2.1), PACman(4.1.2), Cm10.1 nightly(4.2.1), Kiljoy(4.1.1)

- Build prop i use and has been tested on 4.1.1/4.1.2/4.2.1
    - Gtojim and I are running these without issues. Tested on freegs3, cm10.1, Paranoid android and PAKman (#*has not been tested with Morphology need feedback*#)
    -credit for the build props goes to Rom Toolbox and an XDA member Custodian. Thank you Custodian.
    http://db.tt/q7S1s8yp
    - Directions same as other build props we have listed. Until we have an easy install script this is for advanced users only who already have experience editing build.prop. I will always suggest using rom toolbox to do so vs manually editing your build prop file. Do not add all of them in without checking if the value exists already. You don't want double lines that one says the line and true and the other false, its hard to say but one may override the other. THIS IS NOT A BUILD PROP IT IS A SIMPLE TEXT FILE WITH ALL THE ONES I USE. THE BUILD PROP ENTRY IS TO THE LEFT OF THE EQUAL SIGN AND THE VALUE USED IS TO THE RIGHT OF THE EQUAL SIGN. YOU MUST SEARCH AND REPLACE OR ADD THEM MANUALLY.
    -whats included in the build prop list:
    debug.composition.type=gpu
    debug.egl.hw=1
    debug.mdpcomp.maxlayer=2
    debug.sf.hw=1
    debug.performance.tuning=1
    debug.sf.nobootanimation=1 (set to 0 to reenambe Bootanimation or do not use this build prop)
    debug.qctwa.preservebuf=1
    debug.qctwa.statusbar=1
    debug.qc.hardware=true
    ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1
    video.accelerate.hw=1
    windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=256
    media.stagefright.enable-player=true
    media.stagefright.enable-http=true
    media.stagefright.enable-fma2dp=false
    media.stagefright.enable-aac=true
    media.stagefright.enable-qcp=true
    media.stagefright.enable-meta=true
    media.stagefright.enable-scan=true
    media.stagefright.enable-rtsp=true
    media.stagefright.enable-record=false
    mot.proximity.delay=20
    movfilter=40
    move_hyst=0
    lpa.decode=false
    lpa.use-stagefright=false
    ro.media.enc.jpeg.quality=100
    ro.media.dec.jpeg.memcap=8000000
    ro.media.enc.hprof.vid.bps=8000000
    ro.media.enc.hprof.vid.fps=25
    ro.media.panorama.defres=3264x1840
    ro.media.panorama.frameres=1280x720
    ro.camcorder.videoModes=true
    ro.telephony.call_ring.delay=400
    ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=0
    ro.config.nocheckin=1
    ro.config.hwfeature_wakeupkey=0
    ro.lge.proximity.delay=20
    ro.min_pointer_dur=8
    ro.max.fling_velocity=15000
    ro.min.fling_velocity=4000
    ro.mot.eri.losalert.delay=900
    ro.HOME_APP_MEM=8192
    ro.FOREGROUND_APP_MEM=6144
    ro.VISIBLE_APP_MEM=8192
    ro.kernel.android.checkjni=0
    ro.kernel.checkjni=0
    ro.cwm.enable_key_repeat=true
    dalvik.vm.checkjni=false
    dev.pm.dyn_samplingrate=1
    drm.service.enable=false
    persist.hwc.mdpcomp.enable=false
    persist.gps.qmienabled=true
    persist.sys.use_dithering=0
    persist.sys.scrollingcache=3
    per_sec=300
    com.qc.hdmi_out=true
    com.qc.hardware=true
    dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit=64m
    dalvik.vm.heapsize=256m
    dalvik.vm.heapidealfree=8388608
    dalvik.vm.heapconcurrentstart=2097152
    ring.delay=0
    TCHTHR=28
    ENFORCE_PROCESS_LIMIT=false
    wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=300

AOSP only
    dalvik.vm.heaptargetutilization=0.25

Touchwiz Only
    dalvik.vm.heaputilization=0.25

Systctrl settings via Init.d (requires kernel with init.d support or enable initd with RyuInfernos apk link at bottom) (tested on same roms as Build Prop)

- * Thanks Zeppelinrox for talking some settings over with me.

- Help entropy pool
    - read_wakeup_threshold to 1366
    - write_wakeup_threshold to 128
    http://db.tt/NilQsqG6
    - Init.d for systctrl with the above set already and other optimized values

- Here guys this one is without anything special for entropy the values related to it are set to default on this one
    - read_wakeup_threshold 64
    - write_wakeup_threshold 128
    - randomize_va_space 2
    http://db.tt/rHcNuTfR

- Instructions:
    Download. Using a file explorer, i like es file explorer go up from internal storage with a root explorer till you are at / you should see system, sys and much more. Go to /system/etc/initd/ and paste this file in there. Select it and go to properties of the file and select permissions. Change them to rwxrwxrwx. In other words enable read, write and execute for the three options user, system and other or whichever they are called. Now exit and reboot. Now at boot systctrl are applied. These are the presets system tuner sets plus a few tweaks by Freecharlesmanson (if you see him please be sure to give him thanks) and a fix for entropy where noted above.

- What is changed in the two systctrl (initd commands are as follows in the above files except the settings mentioned) (you can pick and choose and make your own initd script):
    #!/system/bin/sh
    echo "524288" > /proc/sys/fs/file-max
    echo "32000" > /proc/sys/fs/inotify/max_queued_events
    echo "256" > /proc/sys/fs/inotify/max_user_instances
    echo "10240" > /proc/sys/fs/inotify/max_user_watches
    echo "10" > /proc/sys/fs/lease-break-time
    echo "64" > /proc/sys/kernel/random/read_wakeup_threshold
    echo "128" > /proc/sys/kernel/random/write_wakeup_threshold
    echo "65536" > /proc/sys/kernel/msgmax
    echo "2048" > /proc/sys/kernel/msgmni
    echo "10" > /proc/sys/kernel/panic
    echo "'500 512000 64 2048'" > /proc/sys/kernel/sem
    echo "268435456" > /proc/sys/kernel/shmmax
    echo "524288" > /proc/sys/kernel/threads-max
    echo "2" > /proc/sys/kernel/randomize_va_space
    echo "10485760" > /proc/sys/net/core/optmem_max
    echo "8388608" > /proc/sys/net/core/rmem_default
    echo "65536" > /proc/sys/net/core/wmem_default
    echo "524288" > /proc/sys/net/core/rmem_max
    echo "524288" > /proc/sys/net/core/wmem_max
    echo "'10485760 10485760 10485760'" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_mem
    echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_no_metrics_save
    echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_rfc1337
    echo "0" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn
    echo "'6144 87380 524288'" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_rmem
    echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_tw_recycle
    echo "'6144 87380 524288'" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_wmem
    echo "35" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_ratio
    echo "40" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_background_ratio
    echo "5" > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness
    echo "900" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_expire_centisecs
    echo "300" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_writeback_centisecs
    echo "100" > /proc/sys/vm/vfs_cache_pressure
    echo "95" > /proc/sys/vm/overcommit_ratio
    echo "3" > /proc/sys/vm/page-cluster
    echo "4096" > /proc/sys/vm/min_free_kbytes
    echo "3" > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches

Recommended Juice Defender Setup - (Thanks Clothednblack)

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Resources/Apps
    #############

- Rescan Media Root (click link on phone and be sure to select launch link with play store)
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.addz.mediascannerroot

- Kill Media Server (thanks for the link Jcdominguez)
    http://www17.zippyshare.com/v/77111471/file.html

-Lux Auto Brightness (set brightness lower than stock minimum brightness on any rom)
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vito.lux

-Build Prop Editor free by Rom Toolbox maker Jrummy
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.apps.build.prop.editor

-Swipe Pad (thanks Naddict) make a easy to launch multitask launcher from anywhere a shortcut to Developer Options (great for aosp Hwoverlay))
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.conduction.swipepad.android

-Known Wakelocks thread (Thanks T. J. Bender)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=31974989

-DS Battery Saver Pro (manage radios like juice defender with less overhead) (thanks for the link AdamDelozier)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=35046431

-Battery Review Thread including extended batteries (Thanks Rlatjs17)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=30478980

-Fast Reboot (closes/restarts apps and services similar to rebooting without a reboot)
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.greatbytes.fastreboot&hl=en

-Better Batter Stats (track all forms of wake locks) (Thanks Sven Knispel)
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.asksven.betterbatterystats

-Carat (track and discover battery drain prone apps)
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=edu.berkeley.cs.amplab.carat.android

-Seeder 2.0.0b1 (Thanks Lambgx02)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=592

-Cpu Spy (check used mhz and deep sleep usage) (Thanks Brandon Valosek)
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bvalosek.cpuspy

-Universal Initd Support APK (Thanks RyuInferno) (enable check for initd support)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1933849

-Lag Fix(fs-trim) (use trim to trim blocks labeled deleted from storage where blocks are still full) (thanks AuxLV)
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=37029420&postcount=122

-CrossBreeder Combo MOD (combines three discussed entropy lag/lockup tweaks)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=37062006

-Flashable Recoveries (please thank Naddict for this amazing resource)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=35741601
    Re: [Team Kernelizers] {how to} JB and TPR roms

This is going to be a write up of my experiences using the three schedulers which are row, noop, and bfq. This is all on a stock battery with the Bfq tweaks here and my own row tweaks I posted on here with battery conscience governor tweaks (not extremely conservative though) and strict radio usage.

Let's be honest, there aren't HUGE differences in how the phone feels using different schedulers. But there are some differences.

For example, overnight drain.

Leaving the phone alone for 8 hours overnight with WiFi, data, gps, Bluetooth, etc etc all these radios off. Same Rom stable, no new apps, no new setups, same wakelocks (basically exactly the same) proved interesting differences.

Bfq saw no change in battery life at all. Go to bed with 100% battery, wake up 8 hour later with 100% battery.

Noop saw 3-4% every time

Row saw 8-10% every time

Weird seeing as the phone should be in deep sleep and not doing anything.

Another thing I noticed is response from screen off. With row the phone is very responsive with very little "lag" bfq was a little laggy occasionally, while noop was mostly laggy a lot of the time.

Phone feel with what I consider normal our moderate use.

Row was sick, no lag or stuttering and very good response. Bfq was a bit better than noop in this area but for certain things it lacked. These two went back and forth for me, I really don't know which one performance wise was better, where one was bad the other was good and vice versa.

Phone response with heavy load I.e. games.

With bfq, after only a little while the phone would get real hot and the game would stutter and crash, every time for the test. Noop would have a little lag to start or load but once in game wouldn't have a problem like above. Row had now issues and was smooth as glass. Battery drain was similar for all schedulers.

Now for numbers!

Light use;
    Noop I just recently went 38 hours on a charge, 4 hours screen time and could've went longer.

Bfq was giving me 34 hours with 5 hours screen time.

Row was getting me 26 with 4 hours screen time.

Moderate use;

Noop would get me 28 hours with 4.5 hours

Bfq would get me similar

Row would get me 23 hours 4 hours screen time

Heavy use;

All numbers here very similar but row would give me lag free smooth operation while Bfq I would rate 2nd here and noop last.

My final words and opinions:

Row is our performance scheduler

Bfq is our balanced

Noop is our battery saver

I prefer a battery saving governor setting using row because of phone feel and I can still get 4 to 5 hours screen time on a 20 hour cycle but if I know I won't be around a charger for a while I'm going to throw Noop on it.

Bfq and Noop are VERY similar but I prefer bfq even though it's not optimized for solid states because of initial loads, but if you care more about current performance over initial loads go with Noop.

I hope I didn't get to redundant on here (writing this watching the hockey game so I'm half not paying attention)

Goin nuts on this gs3
    Happy Father's Day to all the Dads. Have fun, enjoy, and be merry :) .

TEAM MiK
    MikROMs Since 3/13/11
    Okay for those of you that are on TouchWiz ROMs, there is a flashable zip that includes all of the Team Kernelizers build.prop tweaks. Flash in recovery and profit from all of the hard work that these guys have done. An AOSP version will be up later... Oh yeah and please be nice to my dropbox :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xanpxyohfq1m28b/TW_TK_bpMod.zip