ADB on KK 4.4.2 ROM

Search This thread

sathish804

May 29, 2013
Hi All,

I was trying to enable the ADB with PAC ROM when my evita is switched on as we do on sense roms.

But my Windows 7 PC is unable to detect the phone as android and It was searching for drivers online and at last failing to find the drivers.

I have HTC Android drivers installed on my PC and android debugging enabled on my evita.

Is this is the known behaviour of KK 4.4.2 AOSP ROM's ??

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Ok. It can be a huge hassle, I had the opposite problem. My adb was working beautifully on my new laptop but I couldn't get fastboot working with official HTC drivers. Ended up using the drivers from pdanet to get it to work, but they ended up not being compatible with RUUs. So tried with the official HTC drivers again, plugged in my fiance's Evita instead of mine, and bam! Perfect driver setup. Go figure. The amount of times I've helped people on XDA get their drivers working and it took me like three friggin days.

Sent from my Evita

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
No, only one set of drivers. When the official HTC drivers didn't work with fastboot I uninstalled them and used the pdanet drivers. When the pdanet drivers didn't work with the RUU I uninstalled them and installed the HTC drivers again.

Sent from my Evita

sathish804

May 29, 2013
No, only one set of drivers. When the official HTC drivers didn't work with fastboot I uninstalled them and used the pdanet drivers. When the pdanet drivers didn't work with the RUU I uninstalled them and installed the HTC drivers again.

Sent from my Evita

PDANet drivers worked for me as well. But my device is showing as Offline, what could be the reason for this?

sippey

Dec 9, 2008
Clemson
I have experience similar problem after flash to KK4.2.2: adb never connect and no authorization confirmation pop up will show. I found that in my device manager there is a device called "One X" without driver. I get all my htc driver from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2217396 never installed htc sync. I searched around, everyone was talking about disable and re-enablle adb debug and "allow" its access from the popup and no one was having the "no driver" problem. I solved this problem by editing one inf file in the installed driver.

SOLUTION

If you have installed the driver from the link above, under:
C:\Program Files (x86)\HTC\HTC Driver\Driver Files\Win7_x64

there will be a file named androidusb.inf. Depending on your windows installation path and bitness, this path may be slightly different. Edit it with notepad, find a line

%MyHTC%=HTCAND64.Dev, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0FF2&MI_01

insert the following line just below that line

%MyHTC%=HTCAND64.Dev, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0FF9&MI_01

save the file and use "update driver" in device manager to install driver. manually select the search directory and windows should find the driver. After the driver is installed, adb works like a charm.

Reactions: sathish804 and exad

sathish804

May 29, 2013
I have experience similar problem after flash to KK4.2.2: adb never connect and no authorization confirmation pop up will show. I found that in my device manager there is a device called "One X" without driver. I get all my htc driver from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2217396 never installed htc sync. I searched around, everyone was talking about disable and re-enablle adb debug and "allow" its access from the popup and no one was having the "no driver" problem. I solved this problem by editing one inf file in the installed driver.

SOLUTION

there will be a file named androidusb.inf. Depending on your windows installation path and bitness, this path may be slightly different. Edit it with notepad, find a line

save the file and use "update driver" in device manager to install driver. manually select the search directory and windows should find the driver. After the driver is installed, adb works like a charm.

Thank You.. This is worked for me!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SOLUTION