GPS stop working

Search This thread

dule2303

Feb 1, 2009
My gps stop working,i didnt drop my fone or anything like that,first i think is software issue but after flashing 3 dufferent rom i.must say is hardware failure,any help??? If somebody have service manual please send it uploadfromtaptalk1403021103111.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

mediumsteak

Nov 25, 2010
Toronto ON
I had the same thing happen to me on a stock, un-rooted Note 3 - the GPS stopped functioning. I took it back and exchanged for an S5.

However, since you rooted and thus voided your warranty, you might have just dug your phone a nice cozy grave.

fffft

Jul 16, 2013
My gps stop working,i didnt drop my fone or anything like that,first i think is software issue but after flashing 3 dufferent rom i.must say is hardware failure,any help??? If somebody have service manual please send it

It's unlikely to be a hardware failure. You probably just messed up the system files by changing so many ROMS.

Make a backup if you don't already have one
Do a system reset from the settings menu (note that this will delete your user files!)
Boot to recovery mode and choose wipe cache (recovery mode: remove battery for ten seconds, replace. then volume up + home + power)
Use Odin or Keyes to flash a full stock firmware image (replace system files)

More than likely this will fix your GPS
You will need to reinstall the ROM you ended up choosing, apps, etc

AlistairS

Sep 5, 2010
It's unlikely to be a hardware failure. You probably just messed up the system files by changing so many ROMS.

Make a backup if you don't already have one
Do a system reset from the settings menu (note that this will delete your user files!)
Boot to recovery mode and choose wipe cache (recovery mode: remove battery for ten seconds, replace. then volume up + home + power)
Use Odin or Keyes to flash a full stock firmware image (replace system files)

More than likely this will fix your GPS
You will need to reinstall the ROM you ended up choosing, apps, etc

I have been trying this with mine today & no luck fixing my GPS.