Abysmal htc service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ieldra

Sep 25, 2013
I would like to recount my experience with HTC support.

This is HTC in Italy.

I have an Italian M7. It had the purple camera tint issue. I called HTC, they said it would take 15 days from the day I send it to them, to the day I get it back.

Today is day number 10.

Yesterday I called HTC to check up on device, was told by lady on the phone it was "AT THE END OF REPAIR PHASE" and would be shipped back to me within days.

Today I wake up to an email from HTC billing me for close to 200 euros, saying my phone is out of warranty and the screen needs to be replaced.

I call HTC, they have no idea what this email is, but they tell me my phone hasn't even started being repaired yet and that it will take 3-5 days for them to "INVESTIGATE" this 200 euro billing . This means that not only HTC lied to me the day before, but that they have no clue what they are doing.

I asked to speak with a manager, was told to wait 3 working days.

I was LIED to by HTC representatives when they said my phone was at the end of repairs yesterday AND my phone DID NOT have a broken screen. My phone only had the purple camera tint issue, I am going to spending close to 3 weeks without a phone probably. Thanks to excellent HTC customer service.

Pathetic, and disgusting, deceitful service. I strongly urge anyone considering buying an HTC device particularly in Italy to reconsider

The manager responsible is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, I have emailed HTC global with a formal complaint, I have posted on their facebook pages both global and Italy and I considering calling the consumer protection association to file formal charges against HTC.

Update: HTC Italia on facebook has been deleting my posts in which I recount this same experience in Italian because it makes them look bad

UPDATE: HTC is claiming the screen is broken, thus voiding the warranty. I am speaking to the manager right now, he said he emailed me pictures of the broken screen. I did not receive anything. I told him the screen was not broken when I gave it to the courier. He said "its not our problem"

HTC handled the courier, HTC called me and told me when the courier is coming to take my phone. I did not contact the courier at any point. How is it not their problem ? I am now being told I must either pay 200 Euros to have my device fixed, (its in warranty PURPLE CAMERA ISSUE) or pay 35 to have it shipped back to me UNFIXED

Last edited by a moderator:

ieldra

Sep 25, 2013
Update: HTC manager in Italy told me I have to PROVE the phone was not broken when I sent it by contacting the courier.

I'd like to make it clear: HTC contacted the courier for me, this is my first time calling them or interacting with them in any way.

I called TNT, TNT said it's HTC's responsibility. I called the HTC Italy manager back, he said he will see what he can do.

In the meantime HTC US replied to me, told me that HTC Italy has to provide proof that they are following protocol, and that I should call the Consumer Protection Agency. They also said that 'HTC Italia' deleting my posts on their facebook is totally illegal.

Awesome. So basically my best case scenario is I get my phone back after suing HTC

Cuyi02

Jul 24, 2012
Ferrol
Don't stop pressuring them. I think sooner or later they'll crack and probably fix your One or send you a replacemente.

ieldra

Sep 25, 2013
I was forwarded to a regional manager for Italy and Malta, it was implied that I ran my device over with a car and want it fixed for free.

I am totally and utterly disgusted with HTC service, I can't believe this. I'm going to be sending a fax to HTC Italy, Global and the Italian Consumer Protection Agency and Consumer magazines tomorrow detailing the issue. I will be seeking legal action against HTC Italy.

All this for a PURPLE TINT ISSUE

ieldra

Sep 25, 2013
Needless to say, don't buy HTC products if you're in Italy

LenAsh

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 20, 2011
Midlands, UK
Thread closed. I've no idea where this is going - it's certainly not as if you're obviously asking for help or guidance.

I've edited out some of the less polite wording too, as well as someone's full name.

Please don't use XDA as a means of complaining about specific instances beyond anyone here's direct control, unless you're asking for very specific advice.

Thanks - and good luck with your phone problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.