World's 2nd phone that got Official ICS Android 4.0 Update

Search This thread

wyk126

Mar 17, 2010
Who's got the official update for Ice cream sandwich secondly in the world?

the answer is not Nexus S :( but Huawei Honor (U8860)

the official website of Huawei already provided the ICS update download at here:
http://www.huaweidevice.com/cn/technicaIndex.do?method=gotoProductSupport&productId=3826&tb=0

these photos are from CMO of Huawei's weibo(Chinese version of twitter)

just confirmed: although this offical update is a demo, not the final version, but Google, u just pissed our Nexus users off ! why still no OTA?

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 1,796
  • 2207430758972044.jpg
    2207430758972044.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 2,760
  • 419dbd80jw1dnxi7rq76hj.jpg
    419dbd80jw1dnxi7rq76hj.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 2,449
Last edited:

thegtfusion

Jan 24, 2011
Utrecht
****... thats not cool. We're supposed to the first ota.. :mad: COME ON GOOGLE!!!

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

Last edited:

melvinchng

Oct 17, 2010
Penang
It should be the first one to receive OTA update....

GN comes with ICS.

And huawei isn't bull ****... it should be the largest telecommunication hardware company in the world. Even the broadband you use right now is made by huawei...

Yeah, I'm a chinese, but not from China... :)

Accidentally sent from my Google Nexus S using XDA Premium

Reactions: sipe1

shockem

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 10, 2010
Singapore
It should be the first one to receive OTA update....

GN comes with ICS.

And huawei isn't bull ****... it should be the largest telecommunication hardware company in the world. Even the broadband you use right now is made by huawei...

Actually GN got the 4.0.1 OTA :p yeah I agree the 3g USB broadband stick was made by them and that helped me alot lol. When I had my HTC desire it helped me make gold cards. :)

Oh forgot to add, do you think Google reads this threads ? Lol. Because I need them to know that waiting for the update is hard.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Eclair~

Dec 21, 2009

I'm assume the person that said that was referring to their phones. They make cheap, ugly, low-quality devices that no one really cares for.

Reactions: thegtfusion

thegtfusion

Jan 24, 2011
Utrecht
If google reads this, come one guys, you cant keep us waiting forever. :(
Why huawei first instead of NS :mad:

D

diversificationied

You guys know the Google doesn't create the update for huwaie, right?

evcz

May 22, 2010
evcz.tk
anything useful into those packages?

I've no idea about what hardware that Huwey uses... but I suppose there are other phones sharing the same SOC and that would make a good use of those binaries... :D

//EDIT:
if I'm not mistaken it uses the same SoC as the Desire HD?
I smell full ICS kernels for desire HD finally coming :D

Last edited:

uansari1

Jul 27, 2008
Karachi
I'm assume the person that said that was referring to their phones. They make cheap, ugly, low-quality devices that no one really cares for.

Only in North America, and that's only because the American gov't has limited the scope of Huawei's dealings with American carriers. They did so because Huawei works closely with the Chinese gov't and Congress didn't like that they would sell a lot of high end phones in the U.S. In the rest of the world, you can find high end devices that are competitive with Samsung and HTC.. So thank your Congressmen and women for that.

I

iammagic

Its just a demo version. It can do nothing.
The sdk port for NS is even more stable.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wtf? I thought huawei was junk!

Correction: such actions actually indicate that we have pro-commi tendencies.

Sent from my Google Nexus S 4G using xda premium

I may be watching the Republican Debates, but I'm pretty sure I came here to read about my phone, so could we please keep the political views out of this thread so it doesn't get closed so I can continue sympathizing with people *****ing about how some chinese piece of **** got an ICS OTA before my super phone made out of Kim Kardashian's ass, Moses's brain and assembled by baby jesus' hands?

Thanks.
    Huawei is not ****. Huawei is a big and powerful company here in asia.

Sorry they are junk compared to nexus s.

i think my nexus S 4g **** out a "huawei" a few weeks ago...

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA App
    Only in North America, and that's only because the American gov't has limited the scope of Huawei's dealings with American carriers. They did so because Huawei works closely with the Chinese gov't and Congress didn't like that they would sell a lot of high end phones in the U.S. In the rest of the world, you can find high end devices that are competitive with Samsung and HTC.. So thank your Congressmen and women for that.

Glad that Congress did that. Show they have non-commi tendencies