Sep 25, 2010
Capture.JPG

Like this font. Mind sharing?

Mazda

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 19, 2008

dandan2980

Jun 17, 2010
I fixed MMS I booted back into PAC ROM with working MMS downloaded APN back up restore. Copied it from data/app to system/app using root explorer rebooted. Opened the app disabled ICS checker. Backed up the APN. Went back into recovery flashed slimbean did the whole process off getting APN back up and restore into system apps. Deleted APN then choose the restore APN option which gives me the one from PAC ROM reboot and now MMS works BAM!!! Was worth the time to do it cause this ROM is sickly fast

Edit: I see the OP is cooking up some more goodies but this will fix if ya don't wanna wait I just like hacking at my phone and figuring out fixes if I can:D

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

Last edited:

dandan2980

Jun 17, 2010
Can't wait I flashed all the new releases today and this was the first one I flashed but came back cause I really dig the slimness of the ROM thanks for putting this together for us very much appreciated:thumbup:

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

Chaosmaker2k

Dec 17, 2010
Ocala
So I assume I'm the only one who had lower mic issues? Are you guys flashing the slim gapps or the all in one gapps?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dtg5E.png

AZljR.png

Like all my threads, I want to give credit and thank you for those that help me along the way and make these ROMs/MODs and everything I do possible!

Google | Slim Team | AOKP Team | Cyanogen | Preludedrew | JMZtaylor | MikeC84 | Tommytomatoe | Lloir

iBlowpot | Sammyycakes | Kushdeck | thedawn2009 | qnhoang81 | rohan32

Special THANKS to Sean8172 and Sinistertensai for testing for me, as I don't own this device!

- All of Team D.I.R.T and everyone that supports us!

* If you feel that your name should be in the OP for one reason or another, please PM and I'll get you up there if I forgot you

Hugi6.png

1. Fully compiled from AOSP source ( source.android.com) with their (Slim Rom team) mods and interesting ones from CM/AOKP.
    2. Feature requests are welcomed as this is an unofficial ROM and I can do what I please with it.
    3. As per the Slim ROM team, no ports based on my ROM zip or their ROM zip at all! Their manifest is updated regularly and they encourage building from source.

Check out the feature list here

ecETQ.png

Code:
    [B][COLOR="red"]- Initial release of Slim Bean[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR="red"]- Slim Bean Version 1.1 [/COLOR][/B] 
    - Fixed MMS (Confirmed by Sean8172 and Sinistertensai)
    - Compiled with linaro toolchain 4.7 (12-2-2012)
    - Optimized the ROM with Linaro -O3 (please read what Linaro does and all that stuff in the FAQs)
    - Updated the hosts for an ad-free experience

Rt1Bw.png

- Please do a full complete wipe (everything but your sdcard) before flashing.

- Provide a logcat and/or as much detail as possible or your bug will be ignored.

- Remember the XDA rules! Please be respectful to each other, I do this for free and have NO TIME for the BS!

- If and when someone does step out of line, either ignore them or report them, don't feed the trolls...PLEASE!!

SDZ0b.png

http://teamdirt.me/showthread.php?8-ROM-Team-D-I-R-T-4-1-2-LINARO-OPTIMIZED-Unofficial-Slim-Bean-v1-1

qdnEp.png

- Whatever you guys find.....testers had nothing to report

pdEiX.png

Source for the ROM - https://github.com/Slimroms
    Source for the Kernel - https://github.com/Evervolv/android_kernel_htc_msm8960
    FAQlogo.png

Q - I flashed the ROM and now I have an issue, what should I do?
    A - Don't freak out! Pull a logcat and paste it on to pastebin and provide me a link in the thread to it. Along with the logcat, please provide me with as much information as possible. Things that you would think could help me fix this issue.....i.e what kernel you're running, what happened, what did you prior to the bug/issue.

Q - How do I pull a logcat?
    A - Check out this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1726238

Q - Do I have to wipe before flashing??
    A - YES, even if you're coming from a previous version of this ROM. By doing a full wipe each time, it not only avoids any issues that come from not wiping BUT if you report an issue, I then know that is a legit problem and not because of lack of wiping.

Q - I see (Insert developer name) has fixed this or has added this feature, are you going to do the same?
    A - NO! No disrespect to that developer but I have not and will not keep up with what other developers are doing.

Q - I'm getting "Incompatible" errors in the Google Playstore, what can I do?
    A - Don't freak out!! Read this post by spycom773469, http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36319242&postcount=59

Q - My home button doesn't seem to work, what can I do?
    A - 9/10 times this happens when you flash the wrong GAPPS. This ROM is 4.1.2 not 4.2 so you would need to flash the GAPPS for 4.1.2

If the problem continues, then please pull a logcat and post the url to the logcat so I can troubleshoot this issue further

Q - WHAT IN THE WORLD is Linaro?
    A - I could go on and on about what Linaro is and bore the masses with facts and this and that BUT I won't!
    Basically, linaro is just improvements done to the kernel and the ROM. These improvements are done by optimizing the GNU compiler collection (GCC) toolchain, the kernel, ARM power management, graphics and multimedia interfaces.

Q - What is Linaro going to do to this ROM?
    A - Well it will do a few things to the ROM but one thing it won't do is, it won't increase the performance by 200 percent like you first heard when Linaro came out! It will indeed make things snappier. You will notice apps opening up a bit faster and in some cases, it will make a few of them run smoother. You will also see an increase in benchmarks (useless but fun to show off...lol) compare to a ROM not optimized by linaro by overclocking your device but I would recommend you not do this as this will also cause your battery to drain.

For further FAQs specific to Slim Bean, check out http://slimroms.net
    The new CM10 1/16 deck/IRC build seems to fix the noise cancelling issue while on calls, any chance those device specific changes get rolled into Slim soon?
    Alright no disrespect to kushdeck or any other developer but I'm not going to play piggy back over here!

I hate to sound like an ass BUT I rather fix things on my own and on my schedule. I understand a simple no would of be just fine as an answer BUT I want to make this very clear!

This kind of things happen in every section and to be honest, is annoying! There's always a favorite developer in which all the users compare the rest to and again, is not only annoying but I find it disrespectful.

I also understand that you want the best possible ROM you could get and that will happen BUT I like to do things my way :)

Sorry if this pisses anyone off over here but that's the way I like to do things.

Alex aka Mazda
    Here go! http://www.dafont.com/stripefun.font Go wild! HAHHAA

MMS not working for me either. Tried wifi and 3g. Just says sending

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Ok I'm working on another build for you guys right now, give me a few hours :)
    I have cleaned the last 13 or so posts up. I left the one with the commit so that if mazda wants he can look at it. I suggest everyone plays nice and gets along. This is mazdas thread and no need for trolling/bickering/fighting/flaming or what ever else 12 yr old little boys do when they argue. I will be suscribing to this thread and watching it for a bit so just know I see all and will jump right back in if need be and next time Angry Smurf might emerge and you wont like Angry Smurf

savage_axe_of_papa_smurf_by_macgwyver-d3bf5bh.jpg