Nexus 4 Indonesian Thread

Search This thread

JoshieGeek

Nov 4, 2011
Hello, I just got my Nexus 4 3 weeks ago. And I'm so happy with it. But I haven't found any thread for Indonesian users, is there any Indonesian XDA-Developers Members who use Nexus 4 too?
Share your story here!

af1412

Feb 8, 2012
Hi there I'm using my N4 for 2 weeks now, very happy with it, and still considering to root it or not, but to be able to tweak the display saturation is very tempting.... Hmmm

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

JoshieGeek

Nov 4, 2011
Yeah, many friends of mine recommend me to flash/root it with custom ROM. But I love this "pure android" style. Perhaps in the next 3 months, I'm gonna root this. Have you ever tried? Or still considering it? And what ROM you will use if you root that?

aimcr7

Jun 14, 2010
Yogyakarta
Indonesian too here, having it for one week, and rooted it since day one lol
And keep changing my rom since day 2, now i am on xylon v19 and harsh kernel, battery life is pretty good so far, performance is noticeably faster than stock.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

JoshieGeek

Nov 4, 2011
Wow, that's awesome.. I never have courage to root my new Nexus 4. I just dare to do it with my old Galaxy mini.
So aimcr7, can you please post your homescreen? I want to see what it looks like.. ;)

aimcr7

Jun 14, 2010
Yogyakarta
Here you go:
5u5atany.jpg

ysa3ydeg.jpg

lol its nexus, its so easy, and hard to brick your nexus unless you erased your bootloader or flashing wrong kernel.

Reactions: JoshieGeek

JoshieGeek

Nov 4, 2011
Cool lockscreen. I wish I could have something like that.... :laugh:

Perhaps 2 months from now, I'll try to custom my N4.

aimcr7

Jun 14, 2010
Yogyakarta
Why dont try it from now on? Its so easy man. If you compare it with installing or rooting in device like htc or samsung (non nexus) one, this is pretty darn easy. And the guide is everywhere.

JoshieGeek

Nov 4, 2011
I'm so afraid that my N4 is bricked. Like my "mini", it never return to good now. Perhaps it's because I'm not too professional with flashing and rooting. :)
Or, could you give me some links about it?

dancedreamfly

May 22, 2010
Manila
Hi guys, I'm visiting Jakarta soon. Was just wondering if you could recommend any places where I can buy accessories for the Nexus 4. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

wathefak

May 12, 2012
Enschede - Jakarta
Count me in guys! I hope traffic jam and flood problems in our beloved capital city jakarta will be resolved soon.

nexo85

Nov 23, 2010
Halo Semua! Indonesian N4 user here. Didnt know we had a Indonesian community either! Been using my N4 for 2 months now, imported via Google Play and freight forwarder.

JoshieGeek

Nov 4, 2011
Halo semua! Salam kenal kembali!

Senang kalau bisa ketemu dengan pengguna N4 yang berasal dari Indonesia. Semoga thread ini bisa bermanfaat buat kita semua.

English:

Hello all! Nice to meet you too!

I'm so glad, I could meet N4 users from Indonesia. I hope this thread will bring positive benefits for us.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Let's try and keep things friendly and on-topic here please guys...
    This is a family forum and people should not be subjected to that sort of language under any circumstances.
    I've cleaned the thread and I don't want to be returning to see that again.

Thanks
    Worth or not, that actually depends.
    For that price you could get a second hand Galaxy S3 or a new HTC One X. Do you appreciate the unlocked bootloader and the rapid community development of the Nexus 4? If you don't have any means to get the N4 from overseas,then I would say, yeah, its worth it. Even at Indonesian price.

But if you have friends or relatives in the US, its not worth it to get it in Indonesia.

Bear in mind that the Bill of Material for all flagship phones (iPhone 5, One X, S3, Nexus 4) are only about $200. Now, if you think getting the S3 or iPhone 5 is worth their current price, then Nexus is also a good deal, even with its $580 price tag. The only reason Google are selling the Nexus 4 for $390, unlike Apple, Samsung, HTC, and LG, is because they are not expecting profits from hardware sales.

Don't think that LG is cheating you for selling it at much higher price than Google. It is Google who is cheating the other phone manufacturers by selling phones at cost.

Sent from my Nexus 4 pimped with ParanoidAndroid and Franco.kernel
    Its so interesting that there is absolutely no shortage of nexus 4 devices in Jakarta. I just saw at lotte mart they are selling the 16gb nexus 4 for Rp 5,499,000 with 6 and 12 bulan cicilan! Thats like Rp 460,000 per month! And there is a cash back offer up to 1jt.

The shortage is not from LG production.
    It was caused by Google's conservative estimation of the Nexus 4 demand.
    This estimation was based on Samsung Galaxy Nexus' sales (which was abysmal).

Google orders on Nexus 4 (source):

October 2012, 70,000 units. (Sold out on November launch)
    November 2012, 90,000 units. (Sold out on early December)
    December 2012, 210,000 units. (Sold out on January sales)
    January 2013, 1,000,000 units. (Begin selling in February, still in stock)

Of course, LG only supply Google as much as Google orders.
    The deal between LG and Google allows LG to sell the Nexus 4 directly in countries where Google Play Store is not available (for example in Indonesia), because Google only sell the device on the following countries: US, UK, Germany, France, Australia, Japan, Spain, and Canada.

For the first 2 months, LG concentrate its production to fulfill Google orders. After the orders were met, LG keep on producing the Nexus 4 for their own sales. So, it's not a surprise to see that in Indonesia the Nexus 4 is available.

The reason why LG is selling the Nexus 4 at much higher price than Google is because Google doesn't expect profit in selling the phone.
    For example, Bill of Material (BOM) for iPhone 5 16GB is $199, Samsung Galaxy S3 is $200, LG Optimus G is $200 (source). Of course, BOM prices does not reflect the real cost of producing the phones. The manufacturers has to pay for factory operation costs, setting up the molds in the machines, electricity, labor, R&D, advertising, etc.

Since the Nexus 4 is identical in specs to the LG Optimus G, it makes sense that Google takes a very small "gross profit" for the Nexus 4. This gross profit is then used for advertising, setting up distribution channels, cover for R&D of developing Jelly Bean for the Nexus 4, etc. It is safe to say that Google doesn't get much money from selling this device. Although it's okay for Google to do that, since it would benefit from Play Store sales and AdSense, LG can't afford this. Therefore, LG has to sell the Nexus 4 at much higher price.
    http://goo.gl/XxRe8 :D

Sent from my Nexus 4 [PA 3.1/Franco r119]
    I don't know about you guys but I am using 3g (and H+) all day and I still get 20% battery at the end of the day. I'm probably unplugged 11-12 hours at a time. If you're having bad battery, try freezing Google Maps, disable gps, bluetooth and wifi when you don't need it. I am also running cyanogenmod nightlies which I update/flash nightly through delta updates. I love this device, i just wish it had 32gb of storage for my music.

Thank you for sharing. I could never manage to have the phone last until the end of the day.
    But, then, our definition of "end-of-the-day" could be different.

I always find it useful to answer these few questions when reporting about battery life.
    It creates a level playing field and much better to comprehend than "OMGZ I JUZ GOT 7 HOURS OF BATTERY LIFE!" or "OMGOZ NEXUS 4 BATTERY SUX BOLLS".

Here's mine.

Battery Reporting Quiz

1. How long was the phone unplugged?
    Usually my phone last 6-8 hours until it hits 5%.

2. How long was the Screen on Time?
    I use my phone extensively. On Wi-Fi I get maximum 4h30 battery.
    On 3G the most I got was 3h30m, but usually only 2h45m (because Indosat weak signal).

3. What's your brightness settings?
    Native auto-brightness. Tried Lux once, didn't like it.

4. Are you on Wi-Fi or 3G?
    At home always Wi-Fi. Outside always 3G.
    I hate those pesky, slow-ass, password-protected free hotspots.

5. What options did you turn off?
    I always turn Wi-Fi off whenever I'm not home. But I leave 3G on if I'm connected to Wi-Fi.
    GPS and Sync are always on. Bluetooth/NFC always off. Network preference is WCDMA preferred.
    Google Maps location reporting is off.

6. What apps/sync are on?
    Sync on for Facebook, Twitter, Path, Instagram, LinkedIn, Gmail, Skype, Google+, WhatsApp, Line Messenger, imo messenger and Live Score Addicts.
    Dropbox and Google+ automatic photo upload is off when not on Wi-Fi. Google Now is on.

7. How is your usage pattern?
    Most of the time, I'm reading RSS feeds and browsing Reddit or 9GAG.
    I game very seldom. At most only light games like Angry Birds for 10 minutes a day.
    YouTube video only for 10-15 minutes a day. I listen to FLAC with PowerAmp approximately 2 hours with screen off.

8. What is your carrier and data plan?
    Indosat Matrix (post-paid) and on Super3G+ Rp 100,000 (2.5GB)

9. Where do you live and your commute?
    I live in Jakarta. Commute between Pasar Minggu, Sudirman, Senayan, and Pondok Indah.

10. How much is your daily data usage?
    According to 3G Watchdog Pro, my 3G data usage is around 75-100MB/day. Wi-Fi data is around 400-500MB/day.

11. What is your ROM and kernel?
    AOKP Build 3 and Franco.Kernel r80-test-4.2.2

12. Describe your kernel settings.
    I undervolt all across frequencies by -150mV. Set the maximum freq to 1350MHz and minimum to 384MHz.
    Governor is interactive. Scheduling is deadline.

13. What is your CPU bin and Nexus hardware revision?
    Faster and Rev11

14. Did you flash/install anything else, live wallpaper or have root-only apps installed?
    I have four apps running in the background and reside on the notification bar: Battery Widget REBORN!, 3G Watchdog Pro, CPU Stats and Network Speed.
    I also have PackageEnabler set to run on boot. I flashed the AOKP camera and NexusLouder mod. I don't use Live Wallpaper and no widgets on homescreen.

15. How would you describe an "all-day" battery?
    For me, "all-day" would be approximately 18 hours.
    I unplug and go to work at 8AM. Leave work at 6PM.
    Go to dinner or a bar until 10PM. Arrive at home at 11PM.
    Go to sleep and charge my phone at 1AM.

-------------------

I'll just leave the questions here for other people to use.
    Battery Reporting Quiz

1. How long was the phone unplugged?
    2. How long was the Screen on Time?
    3. What's your brightness settings?
    4. Are you on Wi-Fi or 3G?
    5. What options did you turn off?
    6. What apps/sync are on?
    7. How is your usage pattern?
    8. What is your carrier and data plan?
    9. Where do you live and your commute?
    10. How much is your daily data usage?
    11. What is your ROM and kernel?
    12. Describe your kernel settings.
    13. What is your CPU bin and Nexus hardware revision?
    14. Did you flash anything else or have a root-only apps?
    15. How would you describe an "all-day" battery?