Sound Settings Problem

Search This thread

showcasedave

Apr 11, 2011
About a month ago I screwed up my phone and had to LGNPST it for the first time. I'm not even sure if this is the moment this problem appeared but it may have been the start of something. Before that, I was running a JB CM build with a GPS lock issue that I never got around to fix and decided to fix it before I flashed a Kit Kat rom. That lead to a bad stock-based flash which then lead to the LGNPST fix. I then flashed to a different stock-based rom, updated PRL and obtained a GPS lock, then flashed a few different roms before settling on the offical CM 11 rom.

Somewhere after the LGNPST I ran into problems with the sound volume settings being completely ignored and this issue appears across multiple roms. I'll have the settings set to silent and it'll still play some odd sound whenever I receive an sms. When I try to change the sounds, nothing plays when I am previewing the sounds and if I select one the settings will crash. The ringtone files do exist in /media/audio/ringtones and they play correctly in Apollo. I have also downloaded Zedge and used it for setting the sounds inside the settings screen and it does not play the sound when previewing and crashes when I select a sound. Setting the ringtone inside of the actual Zedge application does work for the notification ringtone, but does not work with phone ringtone (it does appear to be changed in settings, but no sound is played during calls). Furthermore, when I attempt to set the sound in Hangouts for either SMS or regular hangout messages, it does not change from "Silent" but does not show any crash messages or anything.

In a possibly related note, every time I flash a new rom it will get stuck on activation until I just skip it. However, data services work completely fine. I have no problems with making calls, 3G/LTE, sending and receiving sms including pictures.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

showcasedave

Apr 11, 2011
Dammit. I'm a long time lurker on xda and I should know better. This post was meant for the sprint troubleshooting section. I decided to try searching this side to see if the issue was experienced/resolved here and forgot to switch back for posting. Can an awesome mod possibly move this to the sprint troubleshooting section?