[Q][Tasker] Send a message to multiple Whatsapp Contacts using "WhatsTasker"

Search This thread

ahmadssb

Nov 21, 2009

Hello Everyone
I want to Send a message to multiple Whatsapp Contacts/Groups using "Tasker" with "WhatsTasker" plugin .

I tested my implementation to send SMS message to multiple contacts and it works well. But when I try to send message to whatsapp it sends the message only to the first index (Contact/Group)

Also, I have test this to send a personal message to 2 contacts but it sends the message only to first number

I tried to trim the "@s.whatsapp.net"/for contacts and "@g.us" for groups in 2 variables then add them inside whatstasker After the number -> Still sends to only first number

I thought it's because it's using root access and Toast message displays so I used "Wait" action for 10 seconds inside For loop after sending the message but still same thing only first contact will receive the message

did I miss something with my implementation?

this is my latest Task Description (Ignore A3 and A10)

Code:
SMS (9)
	A1: Variable Set [ Name:%msg To:Test tasker Do Maths:eek:ff Append:eek:ff ] 
	A2: Variable Set [ Name:%telephones To:90123456789-1395136140,91234567890-1395136053 Do Maths:eek:ff Append:eek:ff ] 
	A3: Variable Set [ Name:%whatsappname To:@s.whatsapp.net Do Maths:eek:ff Append:eek:ff ] 
	A4: Variable Set [ Name:%whatsappgroup To:@g.us Do Maths:eek:ff Append:eek:ff ] 
	A5: Variable Split [ Name:%telephones Splitter:, Delete Base:eek:ff ] 
	A6: For [ Variable:%current Items:1:%telephones(#) ] 
	A7: WhatsTasker Send Message [ Configuration:ID: %telephones(%current)%whatsappgroup
Message: %msg Package:net.zhdev.whatstasker Name:WhatsTasker Send Message Timeout (Seconds):3 ] 
	A8: Wait [ MS:0 Seconds:10 Minutes:0 Hours:0 Days:0 ] 
	A9: [X] Send SMS [ Number:%telephones(%current) Message:%msg Store In Messaging App:eek:ff ] 
	A10: End For

Reactions: thahim

amoshydra

Mar 15, 2013
Try increasing the Timeout (Seconds)

Before
I have been sending Whatsapp messages to two different Whatsapp groups once.
I will say it works about 90% of the time with or without delay in between the [Send Message] action
When it fails (~10% of the time), it send to the first group only.

Then
Then, I realise the default Timeout (Seconds): is 3.
Changing the Timeout to 1 second definitely mess up the process and cause the rest of the [Send Message] action to fail.
However the first message will still be sent. (If the first [Send Message] is not given enough time to send, the rest of the [Send Message] action will fail too.)

Near future
Perhaps, the action didn't get the run finished within 3 seconds sometimes?
I am going increasing the Timeout to 15 seconds and see how it goes!

Last edited:

bebellm

Mar 5, 2018
I'm interested also. I would like to send back a message receive by whatsapp and send it back to all my whatsapp contact. Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hello Everyone
    I want to Send a message to multiple Whatsapp Contacts/Groups using "Tasker" with "WhatsTasker" plugin .

I tested my implementation to send SMS message to multiple contacts and it works well. But when I try to send message to whatsapp it sends the message only to the first index (Contact/Group)

Also, I have test this to send a personal message to 2 contacts but it sends the message only to first number

I tried to trim the "@s.whatsapp.net"/for contacts and "@g.us" for groups in 2 variables then add them inside whatstasker After the number -> Still sends to only first number

I thought it's because it's using root access and Toast message displays so I used "Wait" action for 10 seconds inside For loop after sending the message but still same thing only first contact will receive the message

did I miss something with my implementation?

this is my latest Task Description (Ignore A3 and A10)

Code:
    SMS (9)
    	A1: Variable Set [ Name:%msg To:Test tasker Do Maths:eek:ff Append:eek:ff ] 
    	A2: Variable Set [ Name:%telephones To:90123456789-1395136140,91234567890-1395136053 Do Maths:eek:ff Append:eek:ff ] 
    	A3: Variable Set [ Name:%whatsappname To:@s.whatsapp.net Do Maths:eek:ff Append:eek:ff ] 
    	A4: Variable Set [ Name:%whatsappgroup To:@g.us Do Maths:eek:ff Append:eek:ff ] 
    	A5: Variable Split [ Name:%telephones Splitter:, Delete Base:eek:ff ] 
    	A6: For [ Variable:%current Items:1:%telephones(#) ] 
    	A7: WhatsTasker Send Message [ Configuration:ID: %telephones(%current)%whatsappgroup
    Message: %msg Package:net.zhdev.whatstasker Name:WhatsTasker Send Message Timeout (Seconds):3 ] 
    	A8: Wait [ MS:0 Seconds:10 Minutes:0 Hours:0 Days:0 ] 
    	A9: [X] Send SMS [ Number:%telephones(%current) Message:%msg Store In Messaging App:eek:ff ] 
    	A10: End For