[ROM][KK][AOSP][TEAMEOS] OFFICIAL Jewel Nightlies

Search This thread

jrior001

Aug 12, 2010
Va Beach
NCyYNWqG

Welcome to Eos! The Eos project originated with the AOSP release of ICS, and was originally founded by Solarnz and co founded by Bigrushdog. Since then, Eos has evolved into a multinational collaborative effort backed by top Android developers. Our objective is to provide a world class AOSP build with unique features and enhancements. Eos is an ongoing development project in which builds are released on a regular basis. Every release should be considered stable and highly functional.

RqIoATvt

Bigrushdog - Project lead, Chief Developer [Xoom || Galaxy Nexus || HTC One (M7)]
RaymanFX - Co-leader, AOSP code maintainer [Xperia S || Nexus 7 (2013) || OPPO N1 || OPPO Find7a]
jrior001 - Jenkins/Gerrit Admin, CAF code maintainer [HTC One X]
anders3408 - Frameworks Developer [OPPO Find5 || OPPO N1]
Roach - Frameworks Developer [Nexus 4 || Nexus 7 (2013) || HTC One (M8)]
Connor Baker [Nexus 4 || HP Touchpad]

DlVTo45K

Code:
NX Gesture Navigation Bar
EOS Weather Engine
Custom Quick Toggles Tiles with Brightness & Volume Seekbars
Softkeys Long-Press Actions
Network Indicator
Battery Indicator Mods
Clock Mods
T-Mobile Theme Engine
Force Navigation Bar on any device
Volume keys switch depending on rotation. So the volume up key is always either on the top or to the right of volume down. (Toggle-able)
Default Volume Control Stream (Ring or Media)
Advanced power menu with reboot options.
MORE...

EI8kGfKi

We give love and much respect to Cyanogenmod. The AOSP scene would not exist as it does today without them. We implement some of their branches to support legacy devices and features that users have demanded.

7gazFqpl

Team EOS Nightly builds

JEWEL >

G-Apps Package

Because this is an AOSP based rom Google Apps are not included. To install Google Apps please flash the following package after installing the rom:

GApps >

SrDvQqArl

These builds are designed to be installed from your favorite recovery. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST 4.4.x COMPATIBLE RECOVERY.
Detailed instructions:

Going to EOS4.4.x from a rom < 4.4.x:
  • Backup everything !
  • Go to recovery
  • Make a full wipe / factory reset
  • format /system
  • Flash the rom
  • Flash optional kernel
  • Flash gapps
  • Reboot
Updating from EOS 4.4.x #XX to #YY:
You can usually skip the full wipe step.
If ever you encounter an issue make sure you make a full wipe first before reporting though.

cQFToAr3

All HTC msm8960 devices use a slightly moddified version of the standard CM built 3.4 linux kernel, many thanks to the boys on our CM team who have made most of this possible on our HTC devices.

Contribute
Gerrit Review
Jenkins Build System
Github

XDA:DevDB Information
EOS, ROM for the Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE

Contributors
jrior001
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP/Cyanogenmod

Version Information
Current Stable Version: nightly
Stable Release Date: 2014-05-20

Created 2014-05-21
Last Updated 2014-05-20

Last edited:

jrior001

Aug 12, 2010
Va Beach

ngtshde

Dec 1, 2010
I think I mis-read and installed this on the new partition format. No WiFi connection with the 5/21 or 5/22 builds. Also, Camera does not see storage. File Manager is also only seeing the external SD card. Nice ROM though. Hope that these couple issues gets sorted out soon.

jrior001

Aug 12, 2010
Va Beach
I think I mis-read and installed this on the new partition format. No WiFi connection with the 5/21 or 5/22 builds. Also, Camera does not see storage. File Manager is also only seeing the external SD card. Nice ROM though. Hope that these couple issues gets sorted out soon.

Yeah portions issue is killing your storage, nothing I can do about that without switching to the new format.

Like I said a few post back, I'm hesitant to do that, but I will if that's what people want, I just don't like to wander to far from the CM tree layout since I don't have a jewel to test on.

Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk

Sinistertensai

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 10, 2010
Boston
Google Pixel 6
Yeah portions issue is killing your storage, nothing I can do about that without switching to the new format.

Like I said a few post back, I'm hesitant to do that, but I will if that's what people want, I just don't like to wander to far from the CM tree layout since I don't have a jewel to test on.

To avoid headache please do. Most are running the new layout. And many more will be going towards it soon enough. Also it works a lot better imho in the updated layout.

Sent from my EVO using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: bpc4209
If I could make a humble request, or suggestion, perhaps making both a new partition layout version, and old partition roms would help with testing, and bring in more users. Myself, as a new partition party, would very much love to run this rom and test it. If you feel like it would be too much of a headache, I completely understand. I'm sure I speak for most of us when I say, I expect nothing, but appreciate your contributions. :beer:

bond32

Jun 26, 2010
Franklin
Going to try that latest build... Need a working AOSP bad

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NCyYNWqG

Welcome to Eos! The Eos project originated with the AOSP release of ICS, and was originally founded by Solarnz and co founded by Bigrushdog. Since then, Eos has evolved into a multinational collaborative effort backed by top Android developers. Our objective is to provide a world class AOSP build with unique features and enhancements. Eos is an ongoing development project in which builds are released on a regular basis. Every release should be considered stable and highly functional.

RqIoATvt

Bigrushdog - Project lead, Chief Developer [Xoom || Galaxy Nexus || HTC One (M7)]
    RaymanFX - Co-leader, AOSP code maintainer [Xperia S || Nexus 7 (2013) || OPPO N1 || OPPO Find7a]
    jrior001 - Jenkins/Gerrit Admin, CAF code maintainer [HTC One X]
    anders3408 - Frameworks Developer [OPPO Find5 || OPPO N1]
    Roach - Frameworks Developer [Nexus 4 || Nexus 7 (2013) || HTC One (M8)]
    Connor Baker [Nexus 4 || HP Touchpad]

DlVTo45K

Code:
    NX Gesture Navigation Bar
    EOS Weather Engine
    Custom Quick Toggles Tiles with Brightness & Volume Seekbars
    Softkeys Long-Press Actions
    Network Indicator
    Battery Indicator Mods
    Clock Mods
    T-Mobile Theme Engine
    Force Navigation Bar on any device
    Volume keys switch depending on rotation. So the volume up key is always either on the top or to the right of volume down. (Toggle-able)
    Default Volume Control Stream (Ring or Media)
    Advanced power menu with reboot options.
    MORE...

EI8kGfKi

We give love and much respect to Cyanogenmod. The AOSP scene would not exist as it does today without them. We implement some of their branches to support legacy devices and features that users have demanded.

7gazFqpl

Team EOS Nightly builds

JEWEL >

G-Apps Package

Because this is an AOSP based rom Google Apps are not included. To install Google Apps please flash the following package after installing the rom:

GApps >

SrDvQqArl

These builds are designed to be installed from your favorite recovery. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST 4.4.x COMPATIBLE RECOVERY.
    Detailed instructions:

Going to EOS4.4.x from a rom < 4.4.x:
    • Backup everything !
    • Go to recovery
    • Make a full wipe / factory reset
    • format /system
    • Flash the rom
    • Flash optional kernel
    • Flash gapps
    • Reboot
    Updating from EOS 4.4.x #XX to #YY:
    You can usually skip the full wipe step.
    If ever you encounter an issue make sure you make a full wipe first before reporting though.

cQFToAr3

All HTC msm8960 devices use a slightly moddified version of the standard CM built 3.4 linux kernel, many thanks to the boys on our CM team who have made most of this possible on our HTC devices.

Contribute
    Gerrit Review
    Jenkins Build System
    Github

XDA:DevDB Information
    EOS, ROM for the Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE

Contributors
    jrior001
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP/Cyanogenmod

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: nightly
    Stable Release Date: 2014-05-20

Created 2014-05-21
    Last Updated 2014-05-20
    Reserved

I'm back with a new project that feels a lot like my old project. If you were familiar with CFX i used to work on you'll feel right at home here. Same minimal feel with a few new features added in.
    OK here's some 4.4.3 love for the new part guys as well. I have also reverted the one suspect kernel commit for jewel headset that came in at the same time WiFi died. This will at least confirm this is the issue moving forward while a fix is worked on.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jjd1nmfs6lzxexx/EOS-full_jewel-20140607.162425.zip

I just installed. No WiFi. I can toggle on and off but it will not see any network.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
    Wifi doesn't want to turn on.

Ok..I'll make the blob update and get a new one up later today.