[ROM][KK][AOSP][TEAMEOS] OFFICIAL Jewel Nightlies

Search This thread

jrior001

Aug 12, 2010
Va Beach
If I could make a humble request, or suggestion, perhaps making both a new partition layout version, and old partition roms would help with testing, and bring in more users. Myself, as a new partition party, would very much love to run this rom and test it. If you feel like it would be too much of a headache, I completely understand. I'm sure I speak for most of us when I say, I expect nothing, but appreciate your contributions. :beer:

Sent from my EVO using XDA Free mobile app

I'll get a test build up tomorrow.

Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk

Reactions: ultimatelegend1

ultimatelegend1

Sep 13, 2013
jrior i understand that these builds are built from cm right? what if we flashed an older boot.img the wifi problem is also present in the latest cm builds

jrior001

Aug 12, 2010
Va Beach
After a few days downtime, Nightlies are coming back today, as 4.4.3 :) CM guys are actively working on WiFi issues but are coming up short looking for testers. I'll try to post some test builds if they come up with anything.

jrior001

Aug 12, 2010
Va Beach

fizbanrapper

Jan 19, 2014
OLD PARTITION LAYOUT

I decided to build EOS to see what it was all about. So far this has been by far the easiest AOSP ROM to build (outside of CM11). Didn't even need roomservice to get it to build. I flashed the ROM and discovered it's for OPL (old partition layout). I poked around at the features though and, while I'm sure I could easily use roomservice to get it to build on NPL, I didn't see any features that made me want to run it. If you know this ROM and disagree, feel free to build it yourself. I've included build notes below (though they'd only really be needed by someone whose just starting to build ROMs) to help out.

Since it was already made, I figured I might as well upload the OPL in case anyone still on OPL was interested in running this ROM.

OLD PARTITION LAYOUT
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95747613655047936
OLD PARTITION LAYOUT

Here are some notes specific to building EOS for Jewel.

No roomservice/local_manifest xml needed. Just run:
repo init -u git://github.com/teameos/manifest.git -b kk4.4 -g all,-notdefault,jewel,htc
then repo sync

The only file change needed is adding a "#" sign in front of this line: "$(call inherit-product, vendor/eos/config/cdma.mk)" in the file full_jewel.mk, which is located in the (usual) EOS/device/htc/jewel/ directory.

Old Partition builds perfectly. To build for NPL, you just have to remove the device and kernel projects using roomservice/local_manifest.xml, then replace with CM and resolve any errors that pop up.

Reactions: aptorrent

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NCyYNWqG

Welcome to Eos! The Eos project originated with the AOSP release of ICS, and was originally founded by Solarnz and co founded by Bigrushdog. Since then, Eos has evolved into a multinational collaborative effort backed by top Android developers. Our objective is to provide a world class AOSP build with unique features and enhancements. Eos is an ongoing development project in which builds are released on a regular basis. Every release should be considered stable and highly functional.

RqIoATvt

Bigrushdog - Project lead, Chief Developer [Xoom || Galaxy Nexus || HTC One (M7)]
    RaymanFX - Co-leader, AOSP code maintainer [Xperia S || Nexus 7 (2013) || OPPO N1 || OPPO Find7a]
    jrior001 - Jenkins/Gerrit Admin, CAF code maintainer [HTC One X]
    anders3408 - Frameworks Developer [OPPO Find5 || OPPO N1]
    Roach - Frameworks Developer [Nexus 4 || Nexus 7 (2013) || HTC One (M8)]
    Connor Baker [Nexus 4 || HP Touchpad]

DlVTo45K

Code:
    NX Gesture Navigation Bar
    EOS Weather Engine
    Custom Quick Toggles Tiles with Brightness & Volume Seekbars
    Softkeys Long-Press Actions
    Network Indicator
    Battery Indicator Mods
    Clock Mods
    T-Mobile Theme Engine
    Force Navigation Bar on any device
    Volume keys switch depending on rotation. So the volume up key is always either on the top or to the right of volume down. (Toggle-able)
    Default Volume Control Stream (Ring or Media)
    Advanced power menu with reboot options.
    MORE...

EI8kGfKi

We give love and much respect to Cyanogenmod. The AOSP scene would not exist as it does today without them. We implement some of their branches to support legacy devices and features that users have demanded.

7gazFqpl

Team EOS Nightly builds

JEWEL >

G-Apps Package

Because this is an AOSP based rom Google Apps are not included. To install Google Apps please flash the following package after installing the rom:

GApps >

SrDvQqArl

These builds are designed to be installed from your favorite recovery. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST 4.4.x COMPATIBLE RECOVERY.
    Detailed instructions:

Going to EOS4.4.x from a rom < 4.4.x:
    • Backup everything !
    • Go to recovery
    • Make a full wipe / factory reset
    • format /system
    • Flash the rom
    • Flash optional kernel
    • Flash gapps
    • Reboot
    Updating from EOS 4.4.x #XX to #YY:
    You can usually skip the full wipe step.
    If ever you encounter an issue make sure you make a full wipe first before reporting though.

cQFToAr3

All HTC msm8960 devices use a slightly moddified version of the standard CM built 3.4 linux kernel, many thanks to the boys on our CM team who have made most of this possible on our HTC devices.

Contribute
    Gerrit Review
    Jenkins Build System
    Github

XDA:DevDB Information
    EOS, ROM for the Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE

Contributors
    jrior001
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP/Cyanogenmod

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: nightly
    Stable Release Date: 2014-05-20

Created 2014-05-21
    Last Updated 2014-05-20
    Reserved

I'm back with a new project that feels a lot like my old project. If you were familiar with CFX i used to work on you'll feel right at home here. Same minimal feel with a few new features added in.
    OK here's some 4.4.3 love for the new part guys as well. I have also reverted the one suspect kernel commit for jewel headset that came in at the same time WiFi died. This will at least confirm this is the issue moving forward while a fix is worked on.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jjd1nmfs6lzxexx/EOS-full_jewel-20140607.162425.zip

I just installed. No WiFi. I can toggle on and off but it will not see any network.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
    Wifi doesn't want to turn on.

Ok..I'll make the blob update and get a new one up later today.