Facebook update

Search This thread

alsex87

Nov 19, 2010
So Facebook has finally been updated and we have a menu button, but it looks like they removed the contact sync options :/

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

winwiz

Oct 26, 2007
So Facebook has finally been updated and we have a menu button, but it looks like they removed the contact sync options :/

looks great! at least they are listening, I've had a couple of updates over the last week or so!

Lets hope for another quick update which restores the contacts sync

soraxd

Jun 23, 2010
cleveland
ty for this, wow new UI rocks, I'd throw thanks if i wasn't on xda app

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

alsex87

Nov 19, 2010
Yeah it is much better.. they finally matched the mobile web UI. Hope we get contact sync back.

N

NitrozKC

Finally, a Facebook update thats worthwhile. It looks more like the iOS version now which is surprisingly a good thing!

mduran1023

Dec 4, 2011
Facebook's contact sync is still in the app, but it's only accessible through the legacy (read: physical) menu button.

Looks like facebook just got lazy and didn't carry over the entire settings menu into the new ui.

Maybe a nice dev can fix their crap and give you a way to access that 2nd menu?

Sent from my LG G2x

mbroeders

May 6, 2010
Amsterdam
Facebook's contact sync is still in the app, but it's only accessible through the legacy (read: physical) menu button.

Looks like facebook just got lazy and didn't carry over the entire settings menu into the new ui.

Maybe a nice dev can fix their crap and give you a way to access that 2nd menu?

Sent from my LG G2x

Nah, afaik it's really FB that doesn't let it sync. Got something to do with FB refusing to use Google's APIs. There's a post on that issue somewhere, can't find it atm. Unless FB change their attitude, we won't be seeing sync in Android.

mduran1023

Dec 4, 2011
You are indeed correct.

Hadn't heard of this before, so did some digging and apparently Google got tired of giving FB special access to do a pseudo-sync of contacts (in other words, even though FB data was in the contacts app, it didn't actually sync to google contacts).

I'll have to keep this in mind when I get around to picking up my own Nexus.

Sent from my LG G2x

DerUntergang

Dec 3, 2011
new fb update ! I love the new UI, it looks better than the last version.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

mike freegan

May 12, 2005
Is no-one else having the same UI glitches that I have?

When I pull down to refresh, it doesn't pull the feed down, just the bar at the top. Looks really clumsy and I don't think it's meant to behave like this.

Also, it gives me notifications for unread messages every half hour, regardless of whether there are new ones or not.

mike freegan

May 12, 2005
Also, deleting messages doesn't work reliably. I don't get it... If this was iPhone, it'd get fixed immediately but Android seems to get an 'almost works' version every time.

Top Liked Posts