bought a new phone? say you good bye to our lovely play here

Search This thread

Jecmenn

Dec 27, 2012
Prague
I bought Xperia Z Ultra in march because of flex cable failure but i'll keep Play and maybe someday i'll repair her.

Last edited:

korrectmethod

Aug 23, 2010
Finally replaced my xplay (bad flex cable) with a galaxy s3. A friend got a free upgrade to the s5 and sold me this for just $80. Was great fun for the year I had the xplay but I'm finally moving on. Good luck all with 4.4.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Free mobile app

korrectmethod

Aug 23, 2010
Sgh i747, the 2gb ram model. Already have twrp with official cm11 4.4.4. :) so snappy. 15200 score on antutu.

Edit: enabled ART, score went up to 17000 and noticeably faster. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: crazymonkey05

Visa Declined

Sep 17, 2012
Oklahoma City
so snappy. 15200 score on antutu.

Edit: enabled ART, score went up to 17000 and noticeably faster. :)

:eek:

EniV3Bh.jpg

XDM inc

Mar 7, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 9
Google Pixel Fold
well i didnt see myself posting here..... but god knows how much i have wanted to try kitkat so i was blessed with a galaxy 3 for 100$!... and theres no R800X users on this forums so i bit farewell. i wall not be selling my xperia play but i will not be upgrading it, ill keep it on GB and use it for games

i might start to develop for the galaxy S 3 now

Reactions: crazymonkey05

crazymonkey05

Apr 1, 2012
stilwell, OK
well i didnt see myself posting here..... but god knows how much i have wanted to try kitkat so i was blessed with a galaxy 3 for 100$!... and theres no R800X users on this forums so i bit farewell. i wall not be selling my xperia play but i will not be upgrading it, ill keep it on GB and use it for games

i might start to develop for the galaxy S 3 now
And what s3 did you get?

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
I'm not sure whether I posted here. If I did not then I'd post again. :p
I bought a Z1. Awesome device... BUT THE SPEAKERS ARE RUBBISH. Actually my back glass broke on the Z1 and I lost the flap. I'm going for a holidays so I'd like to use it's wateproof capabilites so the Z1 is now in the repair store.
I'd write up a short comparison

Screen - much better on the Z1
Multitasking - Z1 obviously
Overall speed on a clean rom - ACTUALLY NOT THAT MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE ON BASIC APPS!
Speakers - useless on the Z1 - golden on the Xperia Play - I was actually amazed by how good they are after I got back to the Xperia Play
Heat - Xperia Play is cooler
Weight and size - I prefer the size of the Z1 and it's screen real estate. Much heavier than a Z1.

but the biggest downside compared to the Z1 is the battery. That's what really hurts me now.
All those good memories of flashing when I was here on the XDA as a newbie came back to me as I got back to the Xperia Play. It's such a great device for doing this stuff. :D

TBH? Better SoC and battery on the Xperia Play and I'd stay with it. :p

pedyvirus

Nov 9, 2012
shiraz
i bought my m8 2 hours ago :D
now i have to say a real good bye to xperia play forum and a good bye to htc one m8 forum
i want to keep it unrooted for 1-2 months :p
everything is better than my xperia play until now
and best thing is the earphones
the are awesome. u can feel the sound with them . u can touch the drum in metallica sound. u can feel the bass strings. u can touch james guitar
:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Moved onto a Nexus 5. Still have my play. I don't have the heart to sell it. But between my N5 and Moga Hero. I find myself using my play less and less. Then again my nephew is using it for a month in London.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    bought note 3 n9005 . that's really amazing .

but i'll allways keep my xperia play :) by my side . i wish i could upgrade its cpu , gpu , ram ...

i wish SONY never had xperia play , u wish samsung had a gameing phone...
    guys
    i locked bootlader of my friend's xperia play today and its running completely stock firmware now and its ready for giving it back to my friend (he is going to sell it)
    so i have to saw goodbye xperia play section :(
    i started every thing from here and now i can say im an advance user (atleast )
    im admin of a forum in my language only because of xperia play section
    i wont forget you guys
    :(
    bye
    I have gone through 3-4 phones and still have my play. So no reason to sell it just because I bought another phone.
    I'll move onto a Moto X very soon but I will keep my XP as a 2nd device (casual gaming) and waiting if nickholtus have the magic to get a fully functional 3.4 kernel (hopefully because this phone and his community deserve it) :fingers-crossed:

All hail the xperia play! :)