How much do you think window 8 tablets will cost?

Search This thread

nips_uk

Jun 15, 2007
Chengdu
I bought my Samsung Xe700t1a for just under £1000. Admittedly it didnt come with Windows 8, but it was designed for it. Its a top of the range win8 slate, so is more expensive. From what i have seen, the real slates (tablets) will be way more powerful and expensive than iPads and androids because they seem to be smartphones with a large screen, where as win8 tablets are full PCs inside. Mine for example has 4cores, 4GB ram and a 128GB SSD. Ive been installing all games from win7 on to it and so far have only found Left For Dead 2 that wont work. Cant do that on iOS or Android!

derpotato

May 26, 2012
Let's put the logic.
the cheapest android tablet available is around $100 . W8 for tablet usually will cost $50. so.. the cheapest tablet would be more than $150, considering its windows that need resources .the most luxurious tablet would probably cost at most $1500. so the minimum - maximum price range is $150-$1500. But, i predict most of the tablets would cost around $300-$800, because of the resources needed.

well that's just prediction. who knows what the price might be :D

Ballarous

May 25, 2012
St. Louis
I would probably get a windows 8 slate if it was around $350-400. Maybe as much as $600 for a high end one.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA

ragingredbull

Apr 17, 2011
London
I would think between 250 for an entry level tab up to 1200 for top of the range. Mid range would guess four to six hundred. Personally cannot wait for them to come out

Sent from my GT-I5500 using XDA

qingmui

Jan 22, 2011
Toronto
Win8 on ARM tablets: $100 - $ 400

Win8 on Intel tablets: $ 400 - $ 1500

If Windows 8 have Intel chip but only $ 200, I think it will beat ipad and andriod.

but since intel cpu is high cost thing, it will be not that possible

dazza9075

Jul 22, 2007
Suffolk
that's just it, if MS and Intel who are both sitting on an enormous amount of spare cash could subsidise the cost of a 1st gen cheap x86 part, sub 400, it would blow the socks of anything else out there.

Produce the cheapest ARM solution that shows of Win 8, say around the 200-300 mark, then subsidise an adequate 300-400 x86 part, people will always upgrade if there are options, but its not about that, MS and Intel should try and saturate the lower end of the market whilst providing for the top end as well.

It "could" work very well, but only if they can get cheapish x86 parts or have very good sub 400 ARM parts

DiKei

Feb 21, 2012
I think it will cost near ~600 dollars. Why ? It's not high-end computer, and it don't have powerfull motherboard same as in PC.

Dri94

Oct 9, 2011
Florida
I think intel will try to release some new chips for windows 8 to compete with iPad. They did say they want in the mobile business. It wouldnt be smart not to have an AX competitor chip.

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Windows 8 tab price

I am guessing you will get what you pay for. Windows tablets using arm architecture will more than likely cost the least, being competitive with the current line of Android and Apple offerings. Buyers will be limited to metro apps and select 1st party Microsoft applications; however, the price in general SHOULD be lower than a Win8 tablet running on Intel architecture. Tablets running win8 on a normal x86-64 processor will be the wild card. Slap some low end components in a generic plastic case with a touch screen and it will more than likely cost less than the highest end Windows on arm tablet. I am sure Origin PC will have a $5,000 USD Windows 8 gaming tablet that has two full sized graphics cards in SLI/crossfire configuration and overclocked components available at some point:p (might actually become a reality if you have seen the Razer gaming tablet). So my predictions after all this ranting?

Win8 on ARM tablets: $250-$600+

Win8 on Intel tablets: $400-more money you would ever want to spend on anything.