Moto E Developer Edition and Google Play Edition Coming Soon

Search This thread

Mrtoxicgamer10

Motorola officially launched Moto E on May 13th in India and has been a successfully sold and is out of stock for now but there's some surprises we have in Store from Motorola.

You might not expect it but Yes, as our title says Moto E will be made available in Developer Edition and Google Play Edition soon officially from Motorola in coming days. While we had some chat with the Live assistance, here's what was revealed :

Untitled.png

I hid the Live assistance name in order to avoid consequences in his/her life and avoid from loosing job too but as you can see, when asked about "If there will be a Developer edition and Google Play Edition coming." He/she said "I suggest that you stay tuned to see what surprise we have for you. We may be launching a Moto E developer soon."

When asked if it's a confirmation, it said yes but later in our conversation it denied the total confirmation. However, we will know if there's really a Dev and GPE editions coming our way.

Let Us know What you think about this below in comments section !!

Please Don't forget to Like us on Facebook, Follow us On Twitter and Subscribe us on Youtube for Latest Technology News, Reviews, Updates etc.,

and download our Website Android application to be updated about latest technology news.

jaspreet997

Jul 15, 2013
I my opinion or a GPE They will not have a Dev edition because even moto g did not have that......and GPE it is my opinion that Google won't have such a low end phone when they already have moto g on there

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

neo.ank

Apr 28, 2011
Motorola officially launched Moto E on May 13th in India and has been a successfully sold and is out of stock for now but there's some surprises we have in Store from Motorola.

You might not expect it but Yes, as our title says Moto E will be made available in Developer Edition and Google Play Edition soon officially from Motorola in coming days. While we had some chat with the Live assistance, here's what was revealed :

I hid the Live assistance name in order to avoid consequences in his/her life and avoid from loosing job too but as you can see, when asked about "If there will be a Developer edition and Google Play Edition coming." He/she said "I suggest that you stay tuned to see what surprise we have for you. We may be launching a Moto E developer soon."

When asked if it's a confirmation, it said yes but later in our conversation it denied the total confirmation. However, we will know if there's really a Dev and GPE editions coming our way.

Let Us know What you think about this below in comments section !!

Please Don't forget to Like us on Facebook, Follow us On Twitter and Subscribe us on Youtube for Latest Technology News, Reviews, Updates etc.,

and download our Website Android application to be updated about latest technology news.

As much as I'd love to have a Dev-Ed Moto E. I'm little skeptical about it. Esp for Indian market. We don't see much of the developer editions in India. Moto X does have one in US & Europe but they ditched Indian market on that too(even a normal 32 GB one isn't available).

Still, hopes are high.

deej_roamer

Mar 19, 2014
Will these be available in India???:confused:

No Dev Edition will never be released in India and GPe cannot be shipped to India. So no there!
And I dont think Developer edition is coming as Moto X Dev Edition released earlier to moto X retail as they gave the phone pretty cheap and had quite a number of bugs.
Moto had an idea to release those devices to fuel up their hardware integration, once the learned in moto X, they never bothered to release it for moto G or I don't think they will for Moto E

GPe i can't say, it might!

perlsyntax

May 5, 2014
No Dev Edition will never be released in India and GPe cannot be shipped to India. So no there!
And I dont think Developer edition is coming as Moto X Dev Edition released earlier to moto X retail as they gave the phone pretty cheap and had quite a number of bugs.
Moto had an idea to release those devices to fuel up their hardware integration, once the learned in moto X, they never bothered to release it for moto G or I don't think they will for Moto E

GPe i can't say, it might!

I hope this happen i do want to get a developer moto phone.And i hope this happen.:)

@SidDev

Aug 26, 2013
Kolkata
No need of GPE.

A developer Edition is useful as there is no warranty issues
but Motorola uses pure Android version unlike Samsung
they don't customize there OS.

GPe gives faster updates, what about Motorola it released the updates within a week.
So no need of GPe phones by Motorola.

Reactions: @Ian

jitenderdogra

Apr 13, 2012
Sundarnagar
Hopefully your tip is true

Developer Editions are probably not popular in India due to the high price premium. Moto E was a handset made for markets like India. Given that there is also a huge android app developer community coming up in India, I believe this handset may be targeted at them. There are many people such as myself who have always wanted to buy a developer edition android, but they were usually unaffordable for me. If there is a Moto E developer edition, coming at under INR 8000 i.e. USD 130 (approx.) I will definitely consider buying it.
Given the Indian market, I would expect the developer edition to be priced at INR 7500 as the Moto E normal edition is currently priced at INR 7000.
Hope the tip is true and I am able to get my hands on one.
:good::good::good:
:highfive:

chemicalrage

Oct 17, 2011
This is ballocks. There is no developer edition phone of Moto E and I dont think they ll even consider supplying.

neo.ank

Apr 28, 2011
Developer Editions are probably not popular in India due to the high price premium. Moto E was a handset made for markets like India. Given that there is also a huge android app developer community coming up in India, I believe this handset may be targeted at them. There are many people such as myself who have always wanted to buy a developer edition android, but they were usually unaffordable for me. If there is a Moto E developer edition, coming at under INR 8000 i.e. USD 130 (approx.) I will definitely consider buying it.
Given the Indian market, I would expect the developer edition to be priced at INR 7500 as the Moto E normal edition is currently priced at INR 7000.
Hope the tip is true and I am able to get my hands on one.
:good::good::good:
:highfive:
Dev Ed are priced same as retail models. Only difference is the warranty is not void on unlocking it.
Apart from that, its the same phone.

And, as the above post says, there won't be a Dev Ed for Moto E and G.

Tapatalk with RAZR HD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No need of GPE.

A developer Edition is useful as there is no warranty issues
    but Motorola uses pure Android version unlike Samsung
    they don't customize there OS.

GPe gives faster updates, what about Motorola it released the updates within a week.
    So no need of GPe phones by Motorola.