Hard-SPL - Or How to (SIM)Unlock & Protect Your Device

Search This thread
Hello there my friendly helper. I finally got round to doing this again, and somehow managed to update the ROM.

Its still got a locked SIM, but the custom ROM you sent me, finally worked on the SD CARD method.

Its finished and says

Code:
CHEEIMG.nbh - OK
BOOTLOADER - OK

Update Complete
UPDATE SUCCESS

So my question is, what next?

Thanks, Chris

einsteinecker

Oct 13, 2007
Hello there my friendly helper. I finally got round to doing this again, and somehow managed to update the ROM.

Its still got a locked SIM, but the custom ROM you sent me, finally worked on the SD CARD method.

Its finished and says

Code:
CHEEIMG.nbh - OK
BOOTLOADER - OK

Update Complete
UPDATE SUCCESS

So my question is, what next?

Thanks, Chris

Well, if you have the Hard SPL now, you can unlock the radio by flashing that CheetahPatched file, then run that Athena Unlocker, and then flash a good radio and then you should be unlocked :)

To check if you have the custom Hard SPL, reset the phone while holding the side button (below the volume buttons) and you should see a "SPL-1.40.Olinex".

Well thats what I thought, and I get through 2 stages of CheetahUnlocker and then get this error message before I get to click on the third button...:

Capture.PNG

Now I realise this is a problem with my laptop and not my phone, but I am running Windows 7 and I can't seem to install .NET 2 (which I think I need)

I have just installed .NET 4 and it hasn't helped. ARGH

I even tried run the athena_unlock.exe on the device but it hasn't helped as yet...

So my intrepid friend... What next?

(I do really appreciate all your help)

einsteinecker

Oct 13, 2007
Well thats what I thought, and I get through 2 stages of CheetahUnlocker and then get this error message before I get to click on the third button...:

Capture.PNG

Now I realise this is a problem with my laptop and not my phone, but I am running Windows 7 and I can't seem to install .NET 2 (which I think I need)

I have just installed .NET 4 and it hasn't helped. ARGH

I even tried run the athena_unlock.exe on the device but it hasn't helped as yet...

So my intrepid friend... What next?

(I do really appreciate all your help)

Hmm. I don't suppose you can get that "Cheetahpatched" file out of the CheetahUnlocker? Unfortunately, I'm unable to upload that, but if you can somehow get that file, you should be able to flash that via your MiniSD. After that, that's when AthenaUnlocker should work.

See if you can install .NET framework 3.5. Whenever I come across a program that needs 2.0, I just install 3.5 SP1. Though, it looks like you are on Windows 7. I think that comes with it already....

But see if you need files related to "Visual C++ 6.0 Runtime Library". The programs from XDA-developers usually need those stuff.

I'm not feeling well right now so I'll be back 12 hours from this post.

prasathvishnu

Jan 8, 2009
Hi Experts,

I have Palm Treo 750 (without camera) running WM 6.1. My goal is to install the custom ROM "Hermann v3 WM 6.1".

The instruction said that I have to first do a HardSPL. So, I tried to use Cheetah Unlocker.

When I am trying to execute the 1st Step (Flash SPL) , the app says this Unlocker App is intended only for SPL 1.1. When I checked in my Treo, it reads "SPL 0.24".

So, I could not run with the Unlocker. Now, I don't know how to proceed?

1. Is Cheetah Unlocker applicable only for SPL 1.1?
2. My Treo is already SIM unlocked. Do I still need to Hard SPL to install the custom ROM?

Plz help!!!

Regards,
Vishnu

prasathvishnu

Jan 8, 2009
Hi,

A quick update... I have successfully flashed the Hermann's v3.0 ROM to my TREO.

My original Treo was running WM 6.1 with SPL 0.24. Because of this SPL version mismatch, I did not use Cheetah Unlocker. I directly went ahead and used "RUUWrapper.exe" to update the ROM.

Note: Even the ROM Updater App says this ROM is intended only for SPL 1.1. But, I could successfully patch it without any issues.

This ROM is awesome. Hats of to the expert chef :)

Regards,
Vishnu

I got it sorted last night. My wife's iPhone was playing up so I decided to try my Treo unlock again (have formatted PC since)

I got the same error message, but this time it just worked. Not sure what is different to be honest, apart from the host PC is now running XP and not Windows 7...

Sweet. Thanks guys.

einsteinecker

Oct 13, 2007
I got it sorted last night. My wife's iPhone was playing up so I decided to try my Treo unlock again (have formatted PC since)

I got the same error message, but this time it just worked. Not sure what is different to be honest, apart from the host PC is now running XP and not Windows 7...

Sweet. Thanks guys.

Ah, I was wondering where have you been :) Nice to see it's all working out. Honestly, I think that Windows XP is the best compatibility for most of these old programs, but why that is, I don't know :p

Ah, I was wondering where have you been :) Nice to see it's all working out. Honestly, I think that Windows XP is the best compatibility for most of these old programs, but why that is, I don't know :p

Yeah sorry, went on holiday and didn't get round to it til last night. Been a bit manic at work etc etc.

Thanks so much for your help with it all, I know you've busted a nut helping me.

Chris

PS On a separate note, do you know where I can get a list of *working* ROMs? I'd like to download a few, but I can't seem to find any working links. (I have your 6.5 hermann at the moment)

einsteinecker

Oct 13, 2007
Yeah sorry, went on holiday and didn't get round to it til last night. Been a bit manic at work etc etc.

Thanks so much for your help with it all, I know you've busted a nut helping me.

Chris

No problem, I'm probably the only tech support left on this forum :D

PS On a separate note, do you know where I can get a list of *working* ROMs? I'd like to download a few, but I can't seem to find any working links. (I have your 6.5 hermann at the moment)

wowser, I just checked some of the links in that "list of WM6 ROMs" thread, and they're dead. In fact, I don't think any other links work other than the latest custom ROMs here.

It's a shame too, I've got one heck of a collection of Treo750 ROMs, ranging from the WM5 Cingular ROM, and all English WM6 updates from Version 2.18 - 2.30, and practically all custom ROMs from various people, including nav's, chaimd's, chinese-built ROMs in english, and yet I can't upload them.

To be honest though, my Hermann ROMs are the result of 2 years of having used every one of those ROMs, and the experience gained from them, so chances are if there's one thing you liked (or would have liked) from those, I'm sure I got it covered in my Hermann ROMs ;)

It's a shame too, I've got one heck of a collection of Treo750 ROMs, ranging from the WM5 Cingular ROM, and all English WM6 updates from Version 2.18 - 2.30, and practically all custom ROMs from various people, including nav's, chaimd's, chinese-built ROMs in english, and yet I can't upload them.

To be honest though, my Hermann ROMs are the result of 2 years of having used every one of those ROMs, and the experience gained from them, so chances are if there's one thing you liked (or would have liked) from those, I'm sure I got it covered in my Hermann ROMs ;)

Well, if *you want*, you could burn them to a DVD/CD and I could upload them for you, or even host them for you if I have enough room...

einsteinecker

Oct 13, 2007
Well, if *you want*, you could burn them to a DVD/CD and I could upload them for you, or even host them for you if I have enough room...

Thanks, but with a horrible postal system this country has, sending you a DVD would definitely arrive next year, no kidding :p

My best bet would be to use a competing wireless service (that doesn't have an 800MB bandwidth limit), but I loaned my 3G modem to someone so that will have to wait :(

EASTERWICK

Dec 9, 2011
Treo is fading off

I have loved all my Treo's that I've owned. I have an iPhone 4, yet I still get the urge to use the 750 in its place...

is probably obvious that palm treo/window htc is fading off but now people r more conversant with it

pls old user who knows how to tarcle with screen touch not sometime work shud pls help me

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [size=+2]Cheetah Hard-SPL and SIM Unlocker is now released![/size]

Ignore any images for Hermes please... this all works for your device; if you ask once whether it's going to work properly, I will find you and kill you...r dog.

YOU MUST HAVE .net framework 2.0 INSTALLED

to download, [size=+1]Click Here[/size]

If you are already SIM unlocked, then just run step 1, the other two are essentially optional for you.

[size=+1]Please report success or failure on this thread[/size]

SPL version displays 1.40.OliNex.

Current Features:
    Code:
    [b]CURRENT FEATURES[/b]
    -SuperCID (no CID checks anyway)
    -no Code Signing
    -SPL protected
    -IPL protected
    -Password for commands not required
    -Accepts any Password
    -Run 'task 2a' via mtty to fix bad blocks