(2 April 2009) S2U2 v1.62 - dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

lazyboy0172

Jun 3, 2007
i know this has been discussed before but it was too brief for me to understand, what is the problem with having a light sensor unlock? I see A_C said the battery would drain as it polls the sensor every second, but how much battery does that really drain with the screen only being on for 15 seconds or so?
i mean if i get a text and the phone is in my pocket, i need a locking program so that i don't accidentally open a hundred programs while taking it out of my pocket.
so why not make it so when i take the phone out of my pocket it unlocks automatically as it sees light? then if the room was too dark, i would of course have to slide it, but that's acceptable.

anyway, the phone turns on when i receive a text and with s2u2 is only on for about 15 seconds before it goes back into standby. how much battery does the light sensor drain in 15 seconds?

finally, i love the animation in 1.5+, and i have what i think is a cool idea though i'mnot entirely sure how it would be implemented- what if as you lock the screen or immediately as the phone wakes up and locks it takes a screengrab of what is on and makes that the background? this way you can see what you were doing when you locked it and it appears as though it just locks what youre doing with the slider until you unlock it and it just appears to give you control back of your screen... i think this would be fun anyway, and could be useful as I'm often reading something online and the screen goes off and i have to re-turn it on and unlock it again just to get back to what i was reading. It would be cool to be able to read still (though not scroll of course) without having to unlock it if i just had to read a quick bit like part of a recipe or something.

AcidAssassin

Jun 21, 2008
GPS usage drain battery

First of all, I would like to thanks for these piece of good software. It benefit to lots of user out there. Herewith I would like to check with someone around who use GPS often with your phone just like me. What is your battery consumed, because it drain my battery 10% for just 10 minutes with GPS. Or this just happened to me only? Please share if you have the same experiense as mine. Thanks.

dannyng

Dec 16, 2008
also got the problem on the Touch HD... sometimes s2u2 shows "unknown caller", although caller id is definitely sent and can be found in the call history later...

greetz jan

Yes, it happend to me too and the problem is not easy to simulate, s2u2 need to be activated longer (say 30 minutes - an hours) to see the "unknown number".

I'm sure everybody will get this, it is a bug!!!!

kkchan

Dec 14, 2008
Hi,
After upgraded to 1.52c, I have problem as below

1. After unlock, key in password, manila gone, just shown wm home screen instead of TF3D home. It happened once.

2. After I wake up mobile, S2U2 not lock, instead it is in minimize mode. Happened once.

3. Sometime unable to wake up my mobile after off screen. Don't know it caused by s2u2 or not.

Thank you

Last edited:

dannyng

Dec 16, 2008
unfortunately, i spoke too soon.
the cpu problem is there, along with new batch of bugs :/
back to 1.50d for now! (which works relaly well)

Yup, same here, going back to V1.50d (currently using V.52c).
Cant stand the screen flickering (and hang) and without caller id on, it unlock every missed call even though I love the password (timer) screen so much.

Will definetely go to new version once it is stable/bug free.

Last edited:

eww245

Aug 19, 2008
Throop
Still experiencing problems with the caller id screen and being able to answer calls. The problem is intermittent and I have reason to believe unknown numbers might be the cause. I need to do some tests to see if that is indeed what is causing the answer screen to lock.

Are you missing unknown.png or nopic.png?

farqui

Nov 24, 2008
I have experienced this before when there is no data in the registry key for user weather, it would appear your user weather has not updated the registry yet and therefore S2U2 will not launch

Thanks kaneelias, I delved into the issue last night and tidied up my initial mortscript. I also found s2u2 slows the device right down if the script sets the weather picture that doesn't exist.

Sorry to have blamed s2u2 :rolleyes:

sathya

Sep 13, 2006
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
S2U2 Mem Consumption

I read in this thread somewhere that S2U2 consumes almost 0kb when in idle mode.Is that true? because mine consumes almost 1mb(which is huge for low end models like mine (HTC P3400i) even running in the background.I have a QVGA device running on WM6.

Last edited:

kallest1100

Oct 16, 2008
I have a problem. Since I a new ROM, based on 2.03, S2U2 1.52, phone call eyelids inactive, only the start screen, and after approx. 4 Sec comes after an escaped phone call. S2U2. In the time things are switched on already passed away, because I transport the mobile phone in a pocket. What can one make there?

PierreDiamond

Oct 6, 2008
I only want to second the problems:

I see very much battery drain in 1.52(c)

The problem with unkonwn caller after a while (i'm not sure... i think it was already since 1.50)

One time TouchFlo restarted unexpectly.

Have a Diamond with 1.93 ROM

But: G-Alarm 1.4.6 still works with S2U2 1.52d

Nevertheless: Thank you A_C - it's a great software - and major updates have sometimes some major bugs - never mind - we'll help to find it.

Thank you very much for your effort.

Pierre

jpmaroco

Dec 21, 2006
Thanks A_C, the 1,52c hot fix seems to get the clock updating ok.
Great software man. Keep the good working.
Best

lordsinasina

Aug 3, 2007
can someone help me with this : when i unlock s2u2, then turn of the screen and then turn it on again,s2u2 lanuch but the slide to unlock text hilight stuck in middle until i press a butt then it goes again.how can i fix this?

jorra

Apr 4, 2008
www.noisebud.com
Notice Icon set for S2U2 1.52... Change the redcircle.png for a green count circle... looks better.

It's made for a black backround and will probably look like crap with any other color. I'll update it for all colors asap.

Hope you like it...

Attachments

• redcircle.png
    redcircle.png
    1.1 KB · Views: 626
  • notice.png
    notice.png
    9 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:

angus1357

Jan 7, 2008
has anybody addressed the lock up on incoming calls?? I havent seen any posts about it in a while and I think its a huge deal since thats a major use for this app.

JukEboXAuDiO

Apr 9, 2008
OK have a major problem.

I have turned off lock device after certain amount of time, or screen is blank, or if the back light turned off. BUT Somehow if I am listening to music or have a web page open for an amount of time S2U2 locks and closes my applications. WTF??? I don't have it to go to HOME either. Does anyone have an idea?

saltorio

Feb 20, 2009
Ottawa, ON
www.NutsNGum.net
Once again, wonderful job A_C (as with all your S2 apps). S2U2 works beautifully on my iPAQ 910c, and finally gives me a virtual home screen I want, without taking up all the resources of many of the full-blown launcher apps out there.

A few requests/suggestions:
  1. Scrolling through all the options whenever you want to tweak a setting can get a bit tedious. May I suggest putting each section of the settings onto a separate page of sorts, accessible via button, tab, or left/right slide gesture (whatever you like)?
  2. I notice that the Weather display option supports Spb Weather 1.x, but not 2.x. Would it be possible to get 2.x support, or is there some sort of programming limitation in doing so?

That's it really. Again, with the beauty of your interfaces and the speed of your apps, I'd love to see you make a simple launcher for accessing programs and settings (a scrollable alternative to the "Programs" and "Settings" selections in the Windows menu).

Thanks again, and keep up the amazing work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.