HTC flashlight apk

Search This thread

kpa2727

Sep 3, 2010
New Jersey
teslaLED works good for me on CM7

That app and Lamppu are pretty bad. even built in torch can work better. the better out of all these is the 3 brightness HTC app here or the one currently working for me called "Mag Flash". I like these cause they have 3 brightness settings that are safe.Lamppu super option doesent even work with Builds 18. I just wish someone could update this app to work correctly with Cm7 I just don't have the coding knowledge to.

-Protos

Nov 1, 2010
+1

The HTC app is by far the best flashlight out there. All others blow.
This apk does not work on MIUI either.

One of you code monsters please fix. :D

kpa2727

Sep 3, 2010
New Jersey
I used to code back in the day, i'm very very rusty. I am currently installing a developer kit and doing research. if I make any head way i will make a new updated thread and do my best to maintain it. for now please do not ask me about progress since honestly i'm going to have to learn all over again it will take time but i've started the challenge. we'll see how it goes.

shoman24v

Mar 4, 2007
Fresno, CA
I used to code back in the day, i'm very very rusty. I am currently installing a developer kit and doing research. if I make any head way i will make a new updated thread and do my best to maintain it. for now please do not ask me about progress since honestly i'm going to have to learn all over again it will take time but i've started the challenge. we'll see how it goes.

Are you gonna make it for cm7?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

kpa2727

Sep 3, 2010
New Jersey
Here's what i've turned up talking to my Dev friends, i'm not a Dev so do not take me as one. Ok here's what I have learned and probably is the reason this app has never been updated. 1. you can't break a Apk down enough to extract the source code easily from it. 2. in order to update this app I would have to get HTC to pony up the source code for it, I really doubt that will ever happen. 3. Once you have the source you need to update it and re compile it. In a nutshell unle someone had the source for the app like "Mag flash" that has 3 brightness setiings built in where I can re skin it and tweak the brightness. we will have to wait for a completly rebuilt app or HTC to do a gingerbread update for it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the Flashlight apk from the 2.2 Froyo Desire rom. No root is needed and appears to work on most HTC devices using the camera led's.
    It's pretty sweet and looks awesome.

Now to answer some questions:

Why do I need this?
    You don't.

Will this break my phone?
    Don't know. Depends what you use it for.

Will this void my warranty?
    Its a non root stock HTC apk

Will it help me find my long lost brother?
    Who knows

Can I get this from the market?
    Nope

How do I install this?
    Log off, turn your computer off and please walk away. Seriously
    htc flashlight

got this off the market, it it the original htc flashlight tested and works on official rooted gingerbread 2.3.3

market.android.com/details?id=com.terrynow.flashlight&feature=search_result
    Flashlight

Didnt work on my Desire. LED wont turn on but app said it was on. I extracted the one attached from some ROM and it worked.