Official Indian HTC One X Owner's Thread - views, reviews and more!!

Search This thread

mathrania

Dec 5, 2009
Toronto
why india is always the last one to get the updates. Same with S2. Samsung has released offical 4.0.3 ROM to all the regions except india.This needs to be changed. We have given them our hard earned money and these manufacturers just take us for granted.

Its not like that...For my Desire HD, we got the update to Gingerbread in Middle east region few weeks after India/Asia....
This time, i dont know how we got it before India.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

rakeshishere

Feb 15, 2011
The One X was rushed out and has lot of firmware issues. Just curious to know if anyone using One X in India has received the 1.28 update?

IllUMINATUz

Apr 1, 2012
Hyderabad
www.mindomain.wordpress.com
The One X was rushed out and has lot of firmware issues. Just curious to know if anyone using One X in India has received the 1.28 update?
Yeah.. ur right.. they rushed up the device.. but lets wait for an update (v1.28 maybe??) and not everyone in EU got that update.. very few.. and there is no update so far in India but their customer service reps. say that an update will be available soon..

rakeshishere

Feb 15, 2011
Yeah.. ur right.. they rushed up the device.. but lets wait for an update (v1.28 maybe??) and not everyone in EU got that update.. very few.. and there is no update so far in India but their customer service reps. say that an update will be available soon..

On the other hand, black HTC One S has cosmetic issue and its understandable that Any 1st gen product would have an issue when its released but not testing it completely and throwing product on its customers to test it for them is just plain stupid

suman_pal78

Nov 19, 2009
Kolkata
Can anyone my friend from India help me uploading he original musics (that were there in the internal memory) of HTC One X .
Accidentally I have formatted my internal memory..and all music of HTC gone...Please help

nickporwal

May 6, 2010
it is fine if the mobile has some issues , whats frustrating is that HTC is not admitting their fault and not even saying whether these issues are due to software or hardware fault......we cant just keep going to service center for replacement. Also its a pain every time to reinstall all the apps again and again......I am going today to the service center for replacement.Hope they just give me DOA letter without banging my head in convincing them that its a hardware fault (flickering screen)......
Also did anyone got the mobile with serial number other than HT23 in india?

jits1988

Apr 21, 2012
Thiruvananthapuram
Am an owner of the HTC One X too..

Hello guys...
Am new to the xda-developers..!!
I am not facing any screen flickering or other issues.. But recently, i noticed that when i make calls, a red light at the top left corner, maybe next to the proximity sensor.. Its very faint.. Any one facing this issue?
Also, i haven't seen the screen flickering issue in my device. Has anyone posted a video of this issue?
I would like to check if this issue exists in my device too, and get a DOA if it does before 14 days..!!

sumeshd

Nov 5, 2010
Mumbai
Hello guys...
Am new to the xda-developers..!!
I am not facing any screen flickering or other issues.. But recently, i noticed that when i make calls, a red light at the top left corner, maybe next to the proximity sensor.. Its very faint.. Any one facing this issue?
Also, i haven't seen the screen flickering issue in my device. Has anyone posted a video of this issue?
I would like to check if this issue exists in my device too, and get a DOA if it does before 14 days..!!

That's the ir light of proximity sensor itself..when the proximity sensor is working it will emit ir light..(that's why it is on during calling only)..nothing to worry..

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: jits1988

akhil8377

Feb 12, 2010
New Delhi
No update in India today also....now it's getting frustrated for even die hard fans of HTC too. No response from HTC India on facebook

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

sumeshd

Nov 5, 2010
Mumbai
No update in India today also....now it's getting frustrated for even die hard fans of HTC too. No response from HTC India on facebook

Everyone post on HTC India's facebook page and pollute it then only they will answer else not..

IllUMINATUz

Apr 1, 2012
Hyderabad
On the other hand, black HTC One S has cosmetic issue and its understandable that Any 1st gen product would have an issue when its released but not testing it completely and throwing product on its customers to test it for them is just plain stupid
I also figured out a DESIGN flaw in One X!!! :(

you keep your mobile to your right ear, the other end say that you speak like ur talking from distance and is able to hear clearly when I keep it to the left!!

Why??

Coz the microphone is positioned wayy to low to the right thus it goes too down away from my mouth and cheek and making me inaudible and on holding the device to my left, the mic comes close to my mouth thus the other party can hear me.. anyone else facing this issue or am I holding it wrong??

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

Issues fixed and not fixed

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/htc-one-x-gets-new-an­droid-update/250530-11.html

Fixed :

- Graphic flickering
- Improved beats performnce

Not Fixed :

- NvCPLSvc.apk app placed in the same wrong folder
- Force GPU is still not working

Damn it!! Can't you make a proper update?? Now LISTEN to your customers!!!

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

I got an Idea..

IBN says that there is a 20% improvement in battery life WITHOUT placing the NvCPLSvc.apk app in the correct folder in v1.28.

What if someone takes the v1.28 update and places the NvCPLSvc.apk app in the correct folder and experiences a overall 30% to 40% improvement in battery life?? isn't it great?? I request the devs here to test that out.. (I'm doing this out of logical thinking and I'm not any expert) If I'm wrong, pl. correct me..

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

I am now crying coz there are scratches on the camera lenses!!!!!! these lenses are not gorilla glass!!! :(
anyone else facing the problem!?!?!?

btw Dropped mine twice (hip level) and it survived both and no scratch!! :D

but the scratches on the camera lenses are due to regular wear and tear!! :(

Reactions: xcoolnik

neekri

Apr 18, 2012
IN call volume fluctuation

I am facing an issue , not sure whether it is common one across. Phone in - call volume is low when i keep my mobile to my left ear. Right ear is fine though. Any ideas

PS : I have no hearing problems :)

mathrania

Dec 5, 2009
Toronto
I am facing an issue , not sure whether it is common one across. Phone in - call volume is low when i keep my mobile to my left ear. Right ear is fine though. Any ideas

I had the same problem, and realized it was my foolishness...and if your left ear is 100% working condition & under warranty... then you too are holding the HOX slightly worng way when in left hand....bcoz we r not used to it..... when in call, move your hand with phone so that the Speaker holes align properly with you ear....

neekri

Apr 18, 2012
Thanks...I suspected this. Proper positioning the phone to the left ear should solve my issue. Let me check this again

Techimplant

Mar 14, 2012
Delhi
Guys can we get rid of the 3 dot menu button without rooting..n if we do remove it then how will I access the menu in every app?

Sent from my Stunning White HTC One X

jits1988

Apr 21, 2012
Thiruvananthapuram
Hey..
I faced an issue yesterday.. while the phone was kept on charging, I had turned on WiFi and was accessing the internet.. the red charging light tht was supposed to be constantly on started blinking.. and the problem was tht, red and green were blinking alternatively.. when I checked the power menu, it showed phone as DISCHARGING..!
I had to disconnect the phone frm the charger and reconnect it to stop this and to change to CHARGING (AC)..
Anyone facing this..?

IllUMINATUz

Apr 1, 2012
Hyderabad

As I mentioned above.. its a design flaw and the phone must be held a little lower.. i.e. the earspeaker is pretty too to the top edge so one must hold it little lower than usual..
also the botton must be held higher, the phone must be almost at around 140 to 150 degrees when holding from ear to your mouth.. so it comes almost horizontal.. pretty awkward but yeah.. call quality is superb.. never experienced any dropped calls etc.. experienced once coz the other party was at a low signal range.. but even if the signals are low, this isn't a problem for me.. :D

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

Guys can we get rid of the 3 dot menu button without rooting..n if we do remove it then how will I access the menu in every app?

Its not possible to remove that (AFAIK via rooting also) coz its a menu button for the apps.. so its not removable.. hope it helped.. :)

---------- Post added at 08:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

Hey..
I faced an issue yesterday.. while the phone was kept on charging, I had turned on WiFi and was accessing the internet.. the red charging light tht was supposed to be constantly on started blinking.. and the problem was tht, red and green were blinking alternatively.. when I checked the power menu, it showed phone as DISCHARGING..!
I had to disconnect the phone frm the charger and reconnect it to stop this and to change to CHARGING (AC)..
Anyone facing this..?

nope.. but I suggest you to completely drain the battery till the phone switches off and charge it fully (takes about 2.15 hours) till the green light comes and then you can start using it.. :)

Red is charging and green is fully charged.. I assume that since you were using the phone , it was discharging and once its charging, it showed you the red but in a fraction of a second, its getting discharged coz of use thus showing the red light (charging).. so nothing to worry.. :)

oh btw an advise to everyone!!

Please factory reset your phone (volume down + power) after a week of purchase.. it will actually makes your phone better.. :)

Source : Personal Experience.. :D

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 AM ----------

For those who are facing low memory and finding unwanted and unexecuted processes running in the background even after you close it, here is a method that I did and successfully got rid of unwanted processes..

1) go to apps
2) hit "menu" on the top right corner (three vertical dots)
3) Manage apps
4) click the app you want to disable
then,
- disable
- Force stop (hit that twice and ok any notification or it won't work!! the process will come back!!)
- also clear the cache to free up more memory.. ;)

Done!! :D

Hope this helps to get rid of threads you hate and improves battery life and memory (helped a bit for me thoe..)

Last edited:

sumeshd

Nov 5, 2010
Mumbai

It's done if u r rooted and custom cwm installed..HTC dev off..
The recent apps soft key is reassigned as menu key and long press home key as recent apps key..hope it helps..

Reactions: Techimplant

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I m from Argentina and I say too...
    Happy Diwali day mates.

SkyDragon Sense Rom V1
    Happy Diwali to my Indian friends :)
    On a serious note, i had a chat with one of my frnds who is a htc rep, and he told.me the update is now being tested for local language support and might be out by next week.. hopefully :)
    Guys upgraded my wife's S3 to JB about 2 days ago. Take my word its not upto all the hype. I was struggling to find what was really new and what has changed. Could figure out three useful features
    a) Google now
    b) Voice search
    c)two finger gesture.
    I feel all three features are something you can live wihout.
    After using the phone for about 24 hours the performance has just gone off the cliff. Its lagging heavily and is pretty much unusable. I have done a factory reset now. Hoping it will not degrade as earlier

Take it from me that our HOX running 4.0.4 is light years ahead of the S3 running JB. I have personally experienced it. so just relax and enjoy your phone. The update will come just as all the previous updates have come.
    "Due to the cost-cutting measures and to make sure everyone gets the update, we will release the JB OTA on 22-12-12 to the people who are still alive after the apocalypse." Official quote from HTC