Get a new Nook Color Stock Charge Cable Free

Search This thread

garrisj

Feb 5, 2011
I just had success with this via phone for both the charger and cable to address erratic charging issues.

jameshmiller

Feb 25, 2011
Lexington, SC
Did not work for me.:( I was asked for the billing address for the B&N account because there was not one associated with the account. I'm not sure if that was the reason why, but I was told to go to my local B&N store to have my Nook and charger checked out. Just in case, I would make sure that you have a billing address registered with the B&N account before calling.

Imbroglio

Jun 18, 2011
Did not work for me.:( I was asked for the billing address for the B&N account because there was not one associated with the account. I'm not sure if that was the reason why, but I was told to go to my local B&N store to have my Nook and charger checked out. Just in case, I would make sure that you have a billing address registered with the B&N account before calling.

When I called the guy said that I had to have a credit card attached to the b&n account and waited until I did. I hope I am not going to get charged for the thing.

IcyAirs

Mar 27, 2011
For those of you on a custom rom and can't find your serial number, its also listed on the microSD slot flap...

Just for future reference though, is there a way to see your NC's serial number in settings on CM7?

Reactions: MrPib

johnnypollen

Dec 30, 2010
thanks! it worked just dandily for me on Sunday. the CSR repeated close to every word I said after I said it, but in the end, I should be getting my *cough cough* replacement tomorrow or thursday!

harpo1

Jan 14, 2009
Yuba City
I just had success getting a cable and charger. I've had my nook for less than two weeks and the cable and charger went bad. I asked if the replacements are manufactured differently and the CSR rep said no.

Awats

Apr 24, 2011
I walked into the store, said "ez broked" and they handed me a new one. I bought the car charger while I was there. Charges fast and I at least have a spare cable. The new cable is slightly different from the original. Hopefully it holds up better.

sammyc521

Jul 12, 2010
Northwest
Called up their CS and got a replacement charger and AC adapter.

I also called about the new promotion they're running where they've giving away a free 2 GB microSD card with 30 books already loaded on it. I guess you have to bring in a competing e-reader when you purchase a Nook or Nook Color.

The CS was super nice and said they'd get back to me since my wife purchased my NC 2 weeks ago right before Father's Day. Now that I know I don't technically qualify, it's nice that they were at least willing to look into it.

jameshmiller

Feb 25, 2011
Lexington, SC
Well, the cable stopped working a few days ago. It would only turn green, so I decided to take it to the "brick and mortar" like they told me to. The funny thing is the tip completely broke off when I grabbed it to take to the store. The lady at the B&N couldn't figure out why they didn't send me a new cord when I called them. Anyway, she was very friendly, and said she would see what she could do. A little while later she came back with a new cord for me.:D All is well.

mrstangblb

Jun 18, 2011
What a great, helpful post!

I just received my NC about 3 weeks ago and have been extremely careful with it, but I noticed my cable was fraying on the end, too. I've had a FIT getting it to sync with my PC, too, so maybe now after calling Customer Service and talking to an extremely helpful rep, they are shipping a new charger and cable to me free of charge.

Thanks so much for letting me know about this service! Like you said, hopefully nobody will abuse this policy, but I am very grateful that you let us know, OP.

Jimbo67

Apr 21, 2011
Indy -- Take Time To Remembe
Like alot of folks here, I also started having issues with my cable--coming apart, not showing green when charged etc. I called customer service on a monday and explained the problems. Three days later, I received not one-but Two FULL sets of chargers and cables! I don't know if this was a mistake at their shipping department or what, but WOW, 2 sets, and it arrived in 3 days! Plus the phone rep. was Very eager to help me out!

Phatdawg

Jan 14, 2011
I wish there was a reputable third part seller of these cables/chargers, I would so buy their cables as opposed to deal with recurrent crap. How many times are expected to call them and ask for another cable when they go bad? Every couple months.

This is ridiculous.

rydo88

Jul 12, 2011
Thanks. I hate the cable choice for the NC. Seems to be extra difficult to plug in. If I break the POS, I won't worry so much. Seems like it's RROD all over again.

Divine_Madcat

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 9, 2005
USA
Thanks. I hate the cable choice for the NC. Seems to be extra difficult to plug in. If I break the POS, I won't worry so much. Seems like it's RROD all over again.

I will say this - you aren't SOL if it break; ANY regular microUSB cable will charge, just at a lower rate. Yes, it takes longer, but as long as your nook is sleeping, it will charge overnight.

Phatdawg

Jan 14, 2011
If _anyone_ finds a good third party vendor for this cable/charger, _please_ pm me. Thanks.

les02jen17

Jun 10, 2011
Manila
As many of you'll know by now the Nook Color stock cable tip break easily and a stock replacement is expensive. To top it off its the ONLY cable that will fast charge your Nook Color. Well I have some good news. After writing a bad review of the cable on their website after my second one bent which I had to pay $30 for since the cable wasn't available separately then. I talked to a Barnes and Noble worker and they gave me this number:

1.Call 1-800-The-Book and go digital products from the prompts then Nook Color.

You must have your serial number and the email you registered your Nook with. When you talk to a representative tell them you need a replacement cable for your Nook Color. After you give them your information they will ship you a new one completely free.

2. The fastest way is to go to or call your local Barnes & Noble and tell them you heard that if you bring a broken Nook Color cable in they could replace it for free.

Both methods worked for me but I'm 100% sure method one should work if and when you need a new cable.

Hope this helps everyone.

THANKS TO YOU, I now have my USB Cable Charger replacement being shipped from the US to the Philippines! THANKS SO MUCH! :D

TIP:
You won't get anywhere on their email support. Calling them is the way to go! I called them using skype; didn't cost me a thing. :)

les02jen17

Jun 10, 2011
Manila
Has anyone outside from US received a free cable?

Under their Warranty Claims Policy, they can only ship replacements in address located in Continental US. What I did was, I phoned up a friend of mine from the states and asked her to receive the replacement instead. That worked out quite alright. My friend just shipped my cable and I'll hopefully receive it by the 22nd of July. :) They'll give you a tracking no. if you asked for it, so you can also keep track of it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As many of you'll know by now the Nook Color stock cable tip break easily and a stock replacement is expensive. To top it off its the ONLY cable that will fast charge your Nook Color. Well I have some good news. After writing a bad review of the cable on their website after my second one bent which I had to pay $30 for since the cable wasn't available separately then. I talked to a Barnes and Noble worker and they gave me this number:

1.Call 1-800-The-Book and go digital products from the prompts then Nook Color.

You must have your serial number and the email you registered your Nook with. When you talk to a representative tell them you need a replacement cable for your Nook Color. After you give them your information they will ship you a new one completely free.

2. The fastest way is to go to or call your local Barnes & Noble and tell them you heard that if you bring a broken Nook Color cable in they could replace it for free.

Both methods worked for me but I'm 100% sure method one should work if and when you need a new cable.

Hope this helps everyone.
    Can a moderator please sticky this. A thanks push is appreciated also if the info helped you.
    For those of you on a custom rom and can't find your serial number, its also listed on the microSD slot flap...

Just for future reference though, is there a way to see your NC's serial number in settings on CM7?
    Has anyone outside from US received a free cable?
    Free Cable

Just thought I would share this. The tip broke off my charger cable. Then I read this thread. I took my nook and the broken cable to the local Barnes&Noble store and talked to the nook "girl". I said I heard a rumor that you guys could replace this for me for free. She said I have to check with my manager. She made a phone call and then said. Sure.. no problem and handed me a new one.

She didn't check warranty or serial number or anything.