Stock OTA Gingerbread One Click Root

Search This thread

Budwise

Jun 3, 2011
What OS are you running and where did you extract the files too I think its the default paths that are messing with it. Either way the instructions were out at 10AM those are the ones I followed direct from the researcher.

Using Win 7 X64 Pro on my laptop. Just threw the folder on my desktop, installed the drivers and rebooted and then followed the directions.

cdub998

Feb 18, 2009
I just wanted to let everyone know in case you have the same issue as me. I was trying to use the .bat file in windows and it was telling me I was rooted but I really wasn't. Well I was rooted with gingerbreak when I got the OTA and didn't unroot for the update. The result was the Superuser apk still in my app drawer but unfunctional. What I had to do was edit the .bat file in section 3 of 3 from this:

adb remount
adb push busybox /system/xbin/busybox
adb push su /system/xbin/su
adb push Superuser.apk /system/app/Superuser.apk
adb shell chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su
adb shell chmod 755 /system/xbin/busybox
adb shell chown system.system /data

To this:
adb remount
adb shell rm /system/bin/su
adb shell rm /system/xbin/su

That way the 2 folders from the old root are removed first.

MikeJ92YJ

Jul 21, 2011
I just wanted to let everyone know in case you have the same issue as me. I was trying to use the .bat file in windows and it was telling me I was rooted but I really wasn't. Well I was rooted with gingerbreak when I got the OTA and didn't unroot for the update. The result was the Superuser apk still in my app drawer but unfunctional. What I had to do was edit the .bat file in section 3 of 3 from this:

adb remount

To this:
adb remount
adb shell rm /system/bin/su
adb shell rm /system/xbin/su

That way the 2 folders from the old root are removed first.

Isn't It Possible To Do A Factory Reset And It Will Remove The Superuser App?

strifejester

Oct 15, 2010
Abbotsford
That is another problem with this X2 there is way too much stored on the internal card that you have to move first before a wipe. Since it mounts sd and sd-ext. It makes it a pain in the ass sometimes to go find crap. My old dropbox data from my DX and stuff is tossed all over. Titanium now that I am rooted I got the backup folder moved to sd-ext. And I recommend anyone that does this and uses Titanium if your first time using it and you do not have backups on your SD card moves the Titanium backup folder to the sd-ext.

MikeJ92YJ

Jul 21, 2011
That is another problem with this X2 there is way too much stored on the internal card that you have to move first before a wipe. Since it mounts sd and sd-ext. It makes it a pain in the ass sometimes to go find crap. My old dropbox data from my DX and stuff is tossed all over. Titanium now that I am rooted I got the backup folder moved to sd-ext. And I recommend anyone that does this and uses Titanium if your first time using it and you do not have backups on your SD card moves the Titanium backup folder to the sd-ext.

I'm Sorry I Wish I Could Make Something That Would Take Care Of That. Every Good Thing Has A Bad Thing Attached. Drinking > Liver Damage. Junk Food > High Cholesterol.

TazVegas

Aug 29, 2010
When I extract the file and click on the oneclick.exe to run the dialog box .....encountered a problem and needs to close message shows up (the send error report box). anyone encounter this problem? I downloaded, extracted and ran the oneclick.exe file and come up with this problem.

MikeJ92YJ

Jul 21, 2011
When I extract the file and click on the oneclick.exe to run the dialog box .....encountered a problem and needs to close message shows up (the send error report box). anyone encounter this problem? I downloaded, extracted and ran the oneclick.exe file and come up with this problem.

Your Phone In Charge Mode? And USB Debugging.

zeb carter

I did the one click method last night with no problems. I was gong to try the manual method but I did not have the right level of knowledge to use ADB. But, one thing I did do was update all the packages in the SDK. I don't know if that was the key or not. I confirmed root with the SuperUser apk and then with a download of Titanium Root.

Now for a quick question - would it be a good idea to install Tenfar's recovery? And make a nandroid backup before de-bloating?

MikeJ92YJ

Jul 21, 2011
I did the one click method last night with no problems. I was gong to try the manual method but I did not have the right level of knowledge to use ADB. But, one thing I did do was update all the packages in the SDK. I don't know if that was the key or not. I confirmed root with the SuperUser apk and then with a download of Titanium Root.

Now for a quick question - would it be a good idea to install Tenfar's recovery? And make a nandroid backup before de-bloating?

Always Make A Backup Before Deleting Or Changing The System. Thumb Rule I Live By.

M7ke

Aug 21, 2011
California
Cdub998, I have the same problem, how ever I don't know what you mean by section 3 of 3. or how to edit it. Could you please clarify?

Last edited:

dragonzkiller

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 29, 2011
Wouldn't You Like To Know?
This is Awesome

I know I've been a bit idle lately with the CM7 dev work, but I'm going to start back up here in a little bit. But if this one-click root thing does work (I haven't tested yet), then this could make my time getting rooted GB a lot faster. Now (if it works) I just have to SBF to the GB and one-click root instead of SBFing to Froyo, rooting, updating, etc. Thanks to all who worked on this!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's The Link, Good Luck.

http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?t=3714&p=75934

Supports Unrooting Now.

Credit To Mikeew83 For Verifying The X2. :)
    confirmed working

It gave me an adb error at the end stating not found but when i just checked the app drawer i confirm that superuser is now listed woohoo.
    So it sounds like you guys recommend SBFing to gingerbread. I wanted to avoid wiping my phone if possible, but I have everything backed up multiple ways just in case.

What is the difference between the 466 MB SBF and the 100 MB pre-rooted?

From what I understand, after I use the 466 SBF I can now root it. Is the correct?

I Had To SBF 2.3 Today. I Did Not Factory Reset. I Used The One Click After It Was Done I Had To Dial *228.
    This one-click root worked great for me. Thanks for making it so easy. :)

You're Welcome For The Link, But All Thanks Really Goes To The Team That Made This Possible.
    Sorry if this is a stupid question but I have X2. I did root using Gingerbreak. I did take the recent upgrade (maybe a mistake)! Does this "One Click Root" allow me to root my phone again without major issues? Depend on it heavily for work and can't afford to "kill" it.

With some of the instructions don't really understand if this works ok since I had it rooted before the upgrade. Thanks for your help!

Not A Stupid Question, Download And Run The 1-Click Get Your Root Back Dude. :)