[NIGHTLY][ROM][4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 for Samsung Galaxy S

Search This thread

reaper61616

Nov 23, 2010
Brodnica
Hi!

Downloading ATM. :D
For bug with numbers in clock -> change denisty (i'm using 170) in build.prop . :)

This is my way to fix this problem. :)

s3icc0

Mar 25, 2011
can anyone say which features are already implemented - or better what is not implemented compared with stable (nightly) CM10???
I assume there will not be much CM functions yet.
Thank you

pawitp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 30, 2010
Bangkok
Hi!

Downloading ATM. :D
For bug with numbers in clock -> change denisty (i'm using 170) in build.prop . :)

This is my way to fix this problem. :)

Please do not advise others to modify their dpi in this thread, it is completely unsupported. Lockscreen layout is already adjusted such that it works properly, the layout in the clock application will also be adjusted.

danieleb89

Nov 8, 2010
Hi,I'm testing since this morning and no problems so far... :D
Is it possible to edit tiles in the shortcut notification bar?

pawitp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 30, 2010
Bangkok

AFAIK, not at the moment.

Note: please do not request any features regarding those, I'm just maintaining the device-specific bits. Those features are maintained by someone else in the CM team.

elitevet

Mar 7, 2011
Tel Aviv

Yeah, there's a mod, which I won't post here. You can find it in the previous thread, the AOSP 4.2 Preview one. Don't flash the zip - it's for Nexus, extract and copy as described in the post.

Edit: IIRC there were some commits regarding this in the CM change log:
http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/q/status:merged+branch:mr1-staging,n,z

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

I guess it's not device specific, but...

Has anybody tried using the Russian AOSP keyboard? It seems to be missing and causes an FC for the keyboard application. After clearing app data the problem persists.

sent from CM10.1 pre-nightly powered SGS

Last edited:
Reactions: danieleb89

danieleb89

Nov 8, 2010
Yeah, there's a mod, which I won't post here. You can find it in the previous thread, the AOSP 4.2 Preview one. Don't flash the zip - it's for Nexus, extract and copy as described in the post.

Edit: IIRC there were some commits regarding this in the CM change log:
http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/q/status:merged+branch:mr1-staging,n,z

I tried that mod on AOSP 4.2, but when I saw that on CM10.1 these tiles are more than on the official AOSP, I thought that there was an option to edit them without using that mod...

ego42

Feb 15, 2008
Just reporting that my upgrade from CM10 Stable to the first pre-nightly of CM10.1 went without any problems. I only wiped cache and Dalvik cache to be on the safe(r) side but kept all data (Clock app data needs to be cleared though). Keeping in mind that it can cause problems later on I can still say I'm extremely excited by the easy transition thanks to Pawit's awesome work! The ROM works like a charm so far.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What are Nightly builds? Auto compiled builds of the latest CyanogenMod source from github. This version change each night and aren't officialy supported. If you find bugs/issues you can/must discuss here (do not submit nightlies bug on CyanogenMod issue tracker).

Downloads

Latest build: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=galaxysmtd
    Google Apps: http://goo.im/gapps

Installation

- First time flashing CM10.1 to your Galaxy S (or coming from another ROM)?
    1. Root your device and install ClockworkMod Recovery.
    2. Reboot into Recovery using 3-button-combo
    3. Do a Nandroid backup!
    4. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    5. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
    6. Optionally install the Google Addon
    - Upgrading from CM7/CM9?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    3. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
    4. Optionally install the Google Addon
    - Upgrading from another CM10/CM10.1 Build?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
    3. Optionally install the Google Addon
    Note: The partition layout of CM10.1 is identical to that of CM10 and thus you may use CWM to backup/restore.

Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread. Before reporting a bug, please make sure you are running as stock as possible. This means no custom kernel, no custom framework modification, etc. If you are using any of the above modifications, please flash the rom again to get rid of the modifications before reporting.

REPORT BUGS IN THIS THREAD ONLY

• Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. The following is a useful format to follow. Note: If you can provide the latest night/build that the bug didn't exist, it would greatly help in tracking down what caused it.

Code:
    What is your--
    Phone model:
    Radio (baseband):
    CM version:
    CM Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

FAQ
    Does this ROM support FM radio?
    I've checked and the new FM API in CM is not really compatible with our device without heavy modification. Applications using the new API expect to be able to read the FM input as it if were another stream, but FM on our device only does pass-through from FM receiver to speaker/headset, which causes certain functionalities to not work such as volume control. Maybe one can modify the audio routing table in the kernel to have it behave like the API expected, but I'm not really interested in investing time to do that.

TL;DR: No built-in FM radio except if someone else does it and submits a patch.

Can I request a feature?
    If it is a feature in general CyanogenMod, please post the request at the CyanogenMod bug tracker.
    http://jira.cyanogenmod.org

IRC
    Join us on #teamhacksung-support (user channel) or #teamhacksung (developer channel)

Changelog
    A rough changelog is available here:
    http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#/cm10.1/galaxysmtd or http://10.1.cmxlog.com/?device=galaxysmtd

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    In case anyone is wondering about 4.3

https://plus.google.com/117962666888533781522/posts/LSAVHjevZSp

Device work will start after CM has a build-able base, and possibly later than that if I don't have free time. Judging from the little I saw, it doesn't seem to be a big change and we'll probably have no problem running it.

No ETA.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=44107109

Let the fun begin.

WARNING: Not for daily use.
    4.2.2 PREVIEW: http://goo.im/devs/pawitp/galaxysmtd_cm10.1/cm-10.1-20130215-UNOFFICIAL-galaxysmtd.zip

Note
    1) There's an "FmRadioReceiver" application included, but it does not work and any post regarding it will be ignored
    2) It includes HW acceleration for the lock screen widget, which has not been merged in the main CM source
    Hi pawitp,
    I read about project nemesis and I am curious why focal is 1st to go....is the web browser in the scope of this project? As web browser is maybe the worst app in CM:)
    (to the followers of this thread - I am aware of existence of 3rd party browsers).

... just sent
    The same way you don't ask for ETA, you don't ask for future plans.

Anyway, here's a teaser unrelated to Nemesis. RIL is broken, unfortunately.