[NIGHTLY][ROM][4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 for Samsung Galaxy S

Search This thread

pawitp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 30, 2010
Bangkok
Sorry about this Pawit.
My brother always told me that the phone was rebooting randomly.

After this talk with you. I asked this, and now he says that it wasn't really rebooting....:rolleyes:
It's turning off (without any reboot).

Considering this....Can we assume that the problem is the battery?
The strange thing is that is totally random.....some days (or some weeks) goes well. And some other days goes off.

The Battery brand is Polarcell and i have many more Polarcell batteries in other phones working well.

I'd say go back to stock ROM, if it's still happening, it's a hardware problem. It maybe a battery problem or other hardware problems.

Samga

Aug 23, 2010
For incoming calls, there is sometimes a lag until the name (and picture) from contacts is displayed. The lag can be >10 seconds.

Has anybody experienced this as well?

I've tried to keep contacts and phone app in RAM with LMK Whitelist (I use Semaphore kernel), with no luck.
There are about 540 contacts containing 1160 phone numbers.

Any ideas how to fix it?
Thanks for any help.
Finally I've locked contacts in memory with Xposed framework, see [HOW TO][4.2.2 WORKING] Definitely lock every apps in memory.
Now there is only a minimal lag left (<2s).

Unfortunately a much simpler method doesn't work: [Guide]Locking Apps In Memory.
@pawitp:
Why does the setting sys.keep_app_1 in local.prop or build.prop have no effect?

thesebastian

Sep 25, 2012
Barcelona
I'd say go back to stock ROM, if it's still happening, it's a hardware problem. It maybe a battery problem or other hardware problems.

Pawitp, I think i've finally solved my issue (random shutdowns).

I updated my "JVT" modem/radio/baseband to a newer one!

I read that some people had issues with that modem even in Stock Gingerbread, things like sleep of death, random shutdowns in the pocket (my problem) etc.

Many days passed without experiencing a shutdown...so i think it's solved now.

Horoscope

Aug 5, 2010
Bangalore
do i need to be on the latest CWM recovery to falsh this rom..

I am currently on 2.2 Froyo Samsung Android... need to flash this rom for my bro phone..

nexzor

Apr 21, 2012
everytime when I try to flash this rom on CWM i get installed aborted..
I have flashwed the Semaphore 4.2.2 Kernel

flash the semaphore mentioned at the cyanogenmod site. you have to use a 2.3.x kernal also to prevent lost IMEI.

usualy the first install aborts, becouse there is a new partitionlyout in cm10, but if you try it again it should work

Reactions: Horoscope

sam1skhan

May 12, 2013
i just flashed after lot mess in froyo. 2.2. .,. speedmode kernel

finally i decided to upgrade to stock and thanCF-Root-XX_OXA_JW4-v4.4-CWM3RFS. i got root , cwm and all and it worked like charm

flashing wrong recovery put lot trouble. . lot of mix up in cwm..

anyways thanxx devs

super smooth and really feels good.. still not checked all things like data and wifi but i hope it all goes fine

regards

skhan

Last edited:

fattox

Jul 5, 2011
No ringtones on calling on the weekend

It's been a while since I'm in 4.2.2 and I love it, but in a month I'm having a problem (?) which doesn't make ring on the callings (the sms ring still works).
And this happens just on Saturday and Sunday. Is there a kind of holiday mode activated?
Hope someone knows... thanks :D

MosesTheTool

Dec 24, 2011
www.pelefix.com
Storage won't show up on PC

I am using the Cyanogenmod 10.1.3,
When I connect to PC with USB Cable, it recognizes the GT-I9000 on the pc, but doesn't show me the storage driver. On the phone I can push the on-off button of the storage, doesn't do anything on the PC,
BUT if I use "mount" through the Recovery, it recognizes and show me the pop-up of a new storage and I can add or remove files.

What is this?

Thanks

christo_tj

Sep 7, 2012
kannur
Came back to SGS after 4 years for its wolfson chip. installed a ICS rom and it was very laggy, opening app drawer used to take ages and i thought that's how the sgs is. But flashed this rom and the phone is super smooth now, Thanks a lot dev.

i haven't flashed gapps, im intending to keep google away this time. i got almost all apps installed which doesn't requires google services but im stuck with maps apps. there's no map application that's better than gmaps and it seems gmaps won't work unless there's google play/service installed. any walkround possible on this? haven't even updated supersu(no playstore, no auto update)

again thanks for the rom
cheers

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What are Nightly builds? Auto compiled builds of the latest CyanogenMod source from github. This version change each night and aren't officialy supported. If you find bugs/issues you can/must discuss here (do not submit nightlies bug on CyanogenMod issue tracker).

Downloads

Latest build: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=galaxysmtd
    Google Apps: http://goo.im/gapps

Installation

- First time flashing CM10.1 to your Galaxy S (or coming from another ROM)?
    1. Root your device and install ClockworkMod Recovery.
    2. Reboot into Recovery using 3-button-combo
    3. Do a Nandroid backup!
    4. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    5. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
    6. Optionally install the Google Addon
    - Upgrading from CM7/CM9?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    3. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
    4. Optionally install the Google Addon
    - Upgrading from another CM10/CM10.1 Build?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
    3. Optionally install the Google Addon
    Note: The partition layout of CM10.1 is identical to that of CM10 and thus you may use CWM to backup/restore.

Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread. Before reporting a bug, please make sure you are running as stock as possible. This means no custom kernel, no custom framework modification, etc. If you are using any of the above modifications, please flash the rom again to get rid of the modifications before reporting.

REPORT BUGS IN THIS THREAD ONLY

• Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. The following is a useful format to follow. Note: If you can provide the latest night/build that the bug didn't exist, it would greatly help in tracking down what caused it.

Code:
    What is your--
    Phone model:
    Radio (baseband):
    CM version:
    CM Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

FAQ
    Does this ROM support FM radio?
    I've checked and the new FM API in CM is not really compatible with our device without heavy modification. Applications using the new API expect to be able to read the FM input as it if were another stream, but FM on our device only does pass-through from FM receiver to speaker/headset, which causes certain functionalities to not work such as volume control. Maybe one can modify the audio routing table in the kernel to have it behave like the API expected, but I'm not really interested in investing time to do that.

TL;DR: No built-in FM radio except if someone else does it and submits a patch.

Can I request a feature?
    If it is a feature in general CyanogenMod, please post the request at the CyanogenMod bug tracker.
    http://jira.cyanogenmod.org

IRC
    Join us on #teamhacksung-support (user channel) or #teamhacksung (developer channel)

Changelog
    A rough changelog is available here:
    http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#/cm10.1/galaxysmtd or http://10.1.cmxlog.com/?device=galaxysmtd

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    In case anyone is wondering about 4.3

https://plus.google.com/117962666888533781522/posts/LSAVHjevZSp

Device work will start after CM has a build-able base, and possibly later than that if I don't have free time. Judging from the little I saw, it doesn't seem to be a big change and we'll probably have no problem running it.

No ETA.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=44107109

Let the fun begin.

WARNING: Not for daily use.
    4.2.2 PREVIEW: http://goo.im/devs/pawitp/galaxysmtd_cm10.1/cm-10.1-20130215-UNOFFICIAL-galaxysmtd.zip

Note
    1) There's an "FmRadioReceiver" application included, but it does not work and any post regarding it will be ignored
    2) It includes HW acceleration for the lock screen widget, which has not been merged in the main CM source
    Hi pawitp,
    I read about project nemesis and I am curious why focal is 1st to go....is the web browser in the scope of this project? As web browser is maybe the worst app in CM:)
    (to the followers of this thread - I am aware of existence of 3rd party browsers).

... just sent
    The same way you don't ask for ETA, you don't ask for future plans.

Anyway, here's a teaser unrelated to Nemesis. RIL is broken, unfortunately.