Stand

Search This thread

markiejones

Dec 27, 2010
I bought the Arkon folding stand from Amazon to keep in my purse to use when I travel, shop or dine out by myself and I love it.

That said, for general use around the house I got a small $4.99 easel stand from Target (they had it out with the picture frames) that works really well, and comes in black, oak and cherry....

Both stands hold my NC with my Oberon cover on it. Very nice...

Bought this one as well. 100% flexible for portrait And landscape. Dead perfect.

Sent from my Nookcolor

wmadan

Feb 11, 2006
I bought the Arkon folding stand from Amazon to keep in my purse to use when I travel, shop or dine out by myself and I love it.

That said, for general use around the house I got a small $4.99 easel stand from Target (they had it out with the picture frames) that works really well, and comes in black, oak and cherry....

Both stands hold my NC with my Oberon cover on it. Very nice...

Does this stand work in portrait as well as landscape?

Kokanee483

Dec 11, 2010
kingston
I really wish that BN would come out with a charging dock for the NC. Something that I can just drop the tablet into at night so I don't have to have yet another charging cord on my night stand.

I have a nice little charging stand for my HTC Legend seen here;

ff51dcd33ff840f10302909be1ba5b3a9dcbd351.jpg

A bigger version, maybe with a back plate to it would be perfect.

JonFuego

Jul 15, 2007
For those looking to keep it on the cheap... the box it came in makes a great portrait stand. B&N did a great job on the packaging.

Sent from my Nook using Tapatalk

waxlabo

Jan 3, 2011
I'm using the Arkon stand from Amazon. It's awesome, works for both landscape and portrait even with the case on. I also like that it is very adjustable and can give me many different tilt angles.

5336288285_8057cc883a.jpg

5336911996_3a18f6b751.jpg

Reactions: 911jason
I'm using the Arkon stand from Amazon. It's awesome, works for both landscape and portrait even with the case on. I also like that it is very adjustable and can give me many different tilt angles.

So I read the reviews on it and all the ipad users complained when it was standing up the charger cable couldn't connect. On your nook can you have the USB cable connected when it is standing up?

waxlabo

Jan 3, 2011
yeah i can't charge any devices if it is standing, wont work with ipad or nook color. the battery life is good to last me the day the way it is so i really wouldn't need to be charging it that often. plus if i am doing anything that takes up more battery like watching a movie it would most likely be in landscape and charging it like that would be no problem. :)

Reactions: likearaptor

bpk

Aug 17, 2009
@bpk it's the Industriell Cover in Storm from Barnes & Noble. Here is a link to the case:

http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Industriell-Cover-in-Storm/e/9781616813833/?cds2Pid=36174

We don't have a barnes and noble here, I had to get mine from best buy. Actually without thinking about it I went to borders first and asked them about the nook and they laughed at me.

That's the kind of case I've been looking for though, the biggest thing I've been worried about though is bending the cover back, does it bend back pretty good? Like could you open the case and bend the flap around the back and lay it on the table and still use it?

And how is the sound out of it? I'm also a bit concerned since the speaker is in the back that a case will muffle the sound?

Last edited:

waxlabo

Jan 3, 2011
the case does affect the sound and lower the volume slightly but there is a cup inside of the case that prevents too much muffling, but not to worry since the back is flat. i bend the flap around the back all the time when i use it. it doesnt bend, it holds up pretty well for a case.

5352074547_dd464316f8.jpg

bpk

Aug 17, 2009
the case does affect the sound and lower the volume slightly but there is a cup inside of the case that prevents too much muffling, but not to worry since the back is flat. i bend the flap around the back all the time when i use it. it doesnt bend, it holds up pretty well for a case.

Awesome looks like it's time to go shopping! :p

911jason

Nov 1, 2010
Los Angeles

Thanks for posting your pictures on the Amazon product page, those two pictures were what sold me on this stand earlier today.

jigdagod

Feb 8, 2009

how did you get your icons to line up next to each other without so much space in between each row?

Edit: Nevermind I had an older version of Zeam

Last edited:

nadafinger

Dec 29, 2010
I couldn't tell if you could bend the industriell case all the way around for easy holding....the arkon stand looks awesome. Found it after the gizmodo article about it recently.

Hest88

Jan 9, 2011
I finally gave in and bought the Arkon too. Love it. I can't believe how much stands cost. This is cheaper, and it's so customizable, and so portable.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Came acrosst his today, good till Jan 7 2011

Anyone find a stand to hold the nook upright.

Sent from my LogicPD Zoom2 using XDA App

Hi there, I came across this:

http://www.cellularfactory.com/deals/item-42606_1913.html?eng=dn

Free shipping when you use the code "1N39IM"

Its for an iPad but I think it will work for the Nookcolor. THis is good till Jan 7, 2011

yeah i can't charge any devices if it is standing, wont work with ipad or nook color. the battery life is good to last me the day the way it is so i really wouldn't need to be charging it that often. plus if i am doing anything that takes up more battery like watching a movie it would most likely be in landscape and charging it like that would be no problem. :)