[ROM][ICS4.0.3] Taboonay 3.0.1 (28/02/2012)

Search This thread

woffu22

Mar 15, 2007
Ok, thank you.
Rear cam now working. Flash working.
- auto brightness for me NOT working. Anybody else with that problem?

Avi movies oftennot working, on 3.01 it was ok.
Dont know if its an isue of the rom or 3.1 acer general ?

formulator_x7

Feb 13, 2011
Vache, first 3.1 based rom I tried so far. Working great only problem I have after installing patches and fixes is light sensor doesn't work which is not a big deal.

One question, app kitchen is a great idea but seems to be missing lets golf. Is that intentional or just oversight? I could restore my stock backup and get it from there but figured I'd mention it.

Thanks!

smaiitm

Dec 30, 2007
Vache, first 3.1 based rom I tried so far. Working great only problem I have after installing patches and fixes is light sensor doesn't work which is not a big deal.

One question, app kitchen is a great idea but seems to be missing lets golf. Is that intentional or just oversight? I could restore my stock backup and get it from there but figured I'd mention it.

Thanks!

I am not sure about the Golf thingy. But many other apps, I add to the \system\app folder in the .zip file and it works fine after install. That way I avoid having to install the many small apps all over again.

formulator_x7

Feb 13, 2011
Discovered an issue. Yesterday when I installed only 0.8.1 was available. After installing and patching flash didn't work so I deleted the apk from /system/app, did a rebot and then installed it from market. After that flash worked fine. Today I applied patch 0.8.2, flash still worked but watching videos on the NHL website caused the browser to crash. To fix it I removed the flash apk for /system/app again, rebooted, uninstalled flash and re-installed. Not sure if that was an issue with the flash apk packaged with 0.8.2 or because there was a flash apk under /system/app and /data/app

Jun 25, 2011
Bellevue, WA
Hi there! Bit of a noob here but Ive been browsing since I had my mogul. Just patched up to 0.8.2 today still looking great, thanks for all your work, vache. One problem, my wifi is behaving strangely, it maintains a connection but now over the signal bars it shows a little disconnected icon on and off. This happens for certain if I play certain flash vids from inside dolphin browser right before it FC's. Theres a note in the changelog about wifi channel 12-13, and wifi analyzer says my linksys routers on ch. 4-8. Is this a problem, do i need to change router settings? Anyone else seeing this?

Note: the noob video that's imbedded when you register xda is an example of one which will FC the browser and show the dc icon i'm talking about.

formulator_x7

Feb 13, 2011
did you do a factory reset/wipe from recovery before installing this rom? I suspect the patch for channels 12 and 13 is to allow the tab to use them as they are generally used under low power conditions but are not widely used. You should not need to mess with you routers channels unless there is a lot of interference in this range(you have issues with other wifi devices too).

I dont really watch many movies but did test out playback using vplayer and didn't find a movie that it wouldnt play. Regarding flash did you read what I posted on issues I encountered with flash and browser crashes?

Reactions: endrsothershadow
Jun 25, 2011
Bellevue, WA
Yes i used cwm to do full factory/wipe and cache and dalvik formats, no I haven't or I dont remember the specifics of your browser crash post, in this thread? Let me reread. on the wipe note though, cwm doesnt actually wipe my data, i have docs in the internal sdcard that never go away its strange..

Edit: right above me derp. I dont have titanium is all. Do you need to full vers. To do the uninstall?

Last edited:

formulator_x7

Feb 13, 2011
post 84

Wipe isnt suppose to wipe everything. I think its just /data and /cache? I assume you are having no wifi issues on other devices on the same network?

Jun 25, 2011
Bellevue, WA
im not even certain its a wifi issue now, just an onscreen icon im not used to. Besides the browser crashing which seems like a flash issue really, i havent lost connection, im posting from the iconia now.

formulator_x7

Feb 13, 2011
The wifi icon in 3.1 also shows you when you are sending/receiving data so that's likely what you are seeing. In that case does adode flash show up in the applications menu in settings? If not you may want to try deleting the flash apk from /system/app then rebooting and installing flash from the market. If after deleting it still shows as installed uninstall and reinstall.

Reactions: endrsothershadow

sto88

Nov 3, 2010
Lodi
Please... Update the "Online Kitchen for removed apps" ... Let's Golf and others apps aren't avaiable at this moment :(

Jun 25, 2011
Bellevue, WA
Haha yeah turns out it was the network activity light, wow my old man eyes already kicking in. And the flash trick seems to have worked nicely as well.

Now all we need is a Polaris fix I'm in love with this ROM!

armukhtar

Jun 17, 2010
Last edited:

TFordham

Jan 15, 2011
Saratoga Springs USA
Thank you!

Vache....thank you! I'm a semi intelligent guy, but a lot of this dev stuff is way over my head. Your instructions were consice and easy to follow. The patches fixed a couple of problems I saw initially. I love it!

One question though. HC3.1 is supposed to have movie rentals in the market. Is that something you can add or is that possible with a custom ROM?

A donation is on the way.....have a glass of wine on me! ;)

thislight87

Feb 18, 2009
- any change to have an autofocus for camera video ? hu hu

hmmm in thailand the GPS is very very very slow, and I can confirm that I got 10 sats above me (checked already)

any clue to how fix that ?
something like gps.conf with asia.pool.ntp.org ... or else dunno what to do...

Great job anyway

What could cause Facebook for android 1.6.0 to crash on Friend tabs only
first install
launch facebook
go to friend
see list of friend
be happy
close facebook
go back to facebook
go to friend
Force Close...
uninstall facebook
reinstall facebook and return to first install steps...

It only happens to me in landscape mode

Sent from my A500 using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts