[Q] Help !! Korean U+ LG-F240L Optimus G Pro

Search This thread

newuser1091

Mar 7, 2014
Hello Guys,
I have been using Korean U+ LG-F240L Optimus G Pro with Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 in India from past few months.
I have coming through various problems which are:
1.) Network Drop regularly i.e. I unable to make or receive any calls of messages and can’t use Data network also. Although it shows it is connect to network in my case it is Airtel(Zone2) I don’t know what “Zone 2” is. In this condition i have to search for network regularly and reconnect.
2.) There is only 2 connect mode i.e. G and 3G and no HSPA and HSPA+. I think this is some problem with base band difference in Korea and India.
3.) Roaming icon on Top with every time selecting weather to call to Korea or local.
4.) LG U+ certification every time I connect to a WI-Fi.
5.) Some random Korean popup which I don’t understand and i press the only button below it or press back button.
6.) LG U+LTE logo on start-up.
7.) Message limit of 80 characters.
This is causing quiet a problem in day to day use of fone.Although i like this phone very much apart from these problems ;)
Please provide me any details how to resolve these problems. Or any custom ROM installation methods to resolve these main problems. It would be a great help.
Other details of Phone although it’s same in all F240L but still to be on safe side.
Android: 4.1.2
Base-band version: M9615A-CEFWMAZM-2.0.1628
Kernel Version: 3.4.0
Built number: JZ054K
Software version: F240L10z

Thanks in advance to all of you great developers out there.

Last edited:

QS170

Mar 21, 2014
g pro Korean

You may have already heard that the g pro Korean versions are getting KITKAT.
I spoke with a man from Korea whom is selling 2nd hand Korean versions and he said to download GoSMSPro to solve the 80 character limit. I haven't tried this on a g pro, but maybe you can.
I don't know if the g pro Korean can get KITKAT ota out of Korea.

newuser1091

Mar 7, 2014
No 3G nettwork

You may have already heard that the g pro Korean versions are getting KITKAT.
I spoke with a man from Korea whom is selling 2nd hand Korean versions and he said to download GoSMSPro to solve the 80 character limit. I haven't tried this on a g pro, but maybe you can.
I don't know if the g pro Korean can get KITKAT ota out of Korea.

Yea it has been upgraded to kitkat 4.4.2. But most problem are still there.
but now the main problem is that it is not connecting to any 3G service provider it is showing only 2G service provider.
Kindly help how to configure it to recognise 3G network in my area.?:(

ankitrocks

Dec 24, 2008
Kota
hey, did your problem get solved? As I am about to get a LG U+ unlocked LG G Pro for my use.
did you try any custom roms?
also did you tried flashing the modem.img ?