[Q] Wiped and formatted SD Card. Needed files for Android?

Search This thread

Skrail211

Apr 6, 2014
Ok so I wiped and formatted my SD Card to FAT32. I am in the reboot/recovery screen of my android with ClockworkMod and I noticed when I turned on USB Mass Storage, the SD Card is readable but there is nothing on it now. Is there any important files I am going to need to put on the SD Card for my android to function correctly on start up/running? Or will my android automatically put the correct files on the SD Card on boot? Haven't tried booting it yet lol..don't want to screw it up.

neutrondev

Aug 20, 2013
Bucharest
Ok so I wiped and formatted my SD Card to FAT32. I am in the reboot/recovery screen of my android with ClockworkMod and I noticed when I turned on USB Mass Storage, the SD Card is readable but there is nothing on it now. Is there any important files I am going to need to put on the SD Card for my android to function correctly on start up/running? Or will my android automatically put the correct files on the SD Card on boot? Haven't tried booting it yet lol..don't want to screw it up.

There is no need for an external SD card to boot into the OS. You can start your system without the card or with the card erased or w/e. Good luck .