Tired of Commuter, Any suggestions?

Search This thread

kdsmith1016

Nov 12, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S22
Speck Candyshell or Candyshell grip. I personally prefer the grip version...I think it's pretty pocketable, and the grip part is nice for one hand use.

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app

G

GuestK00345

Had the grip for 1 hour. It takes the strength of Christ himself to remove. Have the Ballistics SG and really like it.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

PurpleFries

Jul 18, 2009
Toronto
Have you noticed the the silicone on the silicryilc to be loose at all? The top and and bottom worry me because they lack the plastic coverage.

The actual silicon on the sylicrilic is not loose at the top and bottom per se. You can pop it up with your finger, but in actual usage of the case, I've had absolutely 0 issues with looseness. The sides are more loose than the top and bottom, but yet again, in actual use, I have had no problems.

This is largely due to how tight the plastic part sits on the rubber, and prevents the silicon from going anywhere. Plus the silicon on the silycrilic is a harder silicon than I expected when I was buying the case, and as such it doesn't move in regular use.

Plus the soft touch plastic just feels so good. I was concerned initially, but I promise you that if you pick up a sylicrilic, looseness is not a problem, and it is an excellent alternative to an otterbox in terms of protection, and far better in terms of sleekness. Plus the materials it is made of makes it slide in and out of your pocket with extreme ease.

kdsmith1016

Nov 12, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S22
That is one of the "downfalls" to the case...I do agree. And actually I just noticed, there isn't much of a lip for camera protection.

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

Previous post in regards to the candyshell grip...sorry

dave-

Feb 12, 2010
Melbourne
But they're practically the same size? commuter v SILICRYLIC, they just too bulky for such a nice sleek phone!

G

GuestK00345

The actual silicon on the sylicrilic is not loose at the top and bottom per se. You can pop it up with your finger, but in actual usage of the case, I've had absolutely 0 issues with looseness. The sides are more loose than the top and bottom, but yet again, in actual use, I have had no problems.

This is largely due to how tight the plastic part sits on the rubber, and prevents the silicon from going anywhere. Plus the silicon on the silycrilic is a harder silicon than I expected when I was buying the case, and as such it doesn't move in regular use.

Plus the soft touch plastic just feels so good. I was concerned initially, but I promise you that if you pick up a sylicrilic, looseness is not a problem, and it is an excellent alternative to an otterbox in terms of protection, and far better in terms of sleekness. Plus the materials it is made of makes it slide in and out of your pocket with extreme ease.

After yours and MetalHead's review of this case (silicrylic), I decided to purchase it. It should be here on Monday. I'm getting a tad tired of the huge Ballistics case. Fantastic fit, finish, and quality, but a tad too big.

Kindatired

May 25, 2011
I decided to get the silicrylic as well. On its way now. Want a case that is more protective than the cruzerlite without adding too much bulk.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

Envynet

Oct 19, 2009
Columbus
I'm using speck candyshell not much bulk but good protection. It's hard to get off but since I can't remove battery or sdcard I figure won't need to take it off any time soon. :)

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium

danny39

Jun 26, 2009
Chicago, IL
Seidio active is my suggestion. It feels different then most otterboxs. Not much of a case expert but this one feels great and I think the exoskeleton idea is good especially for our white phones.

Also has a sturdy little kickstand :cool:

Sent from my HTC One X

Yeah I heard it was great, except that the kickstand is the wrong way so you can't charge it while it's landscape.
Someone on this forum found a way to mod it, but it really should come like that stock.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

PurpleFries

Jul 18, 2009
Toronto
After yours and MetalHead's review of this case (silicrylic), I decided to purchase it. It should be here on Monday. I'm getting a tad tired of the huge Ballistics case. Fantastic fit, finish, and quality, but a tad too big.

I decided to get the silicrylic as well. On its way now. Want a case that is more protective than the cruzerlite without adding too much bulk.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

Let me know how you like it guys. I'm curious on other people's opinions.

G

GuestK00345

Get it today so I will let you know. Will be my 5th case and not currently liking the Diztronic too much.

G

GuestK00345

Just got my Incipio Silicrylic. After going through 5 cases, this is by far the nicest case I've owned. Not buying any more. This is the one.

Getting it lined up at first was just a tad tricky, but I learned how. Installing it long ways worked best.

I love it.

PurpleFries

Jul 18, 2009
Toronto
Just got my Incipio Silicrylic. After going through 5 cases, this is by far the nicest case I've owned. Not buying any more. This is the one.

Getting it lined up at first was just a tad tricky, but I learned how. Installing it long ways worked best.

I love it.

Excellent :) Just check the camera and speaker for rubber caught under the plastic and push the rubber in at the corners on the front and you're good to go.

Saenzscene

Jun 30, 2011
El Paso
I decided not to use cases for the most but I do have one that I will use when I go out for the night. It's the casemate barely there. I like it. Its very minimal, not bulky at all and looks good.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Kindatired

May 25, 2011
For me I would never go without a case. The glass on these things seems to scratch pretty easily when it comes to thinks like sand. While if you drop your phone face down on the cement the screen probably wouldn't crack if the fall wasn't that bad, but all it takes is a little bit of sand to slide across the screen after that fall and you have a little scratch that will drive you crazy.

These bigger screen phones are much better than the tiny 3.5 and 4 inch screens, but it does make the phone a little unwieldy, even more so with such a thin profile.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Seidio active is my suggestion. It feels different then most otterboxs. Not much of a case expert but this one feels great and I think the exoskeleton idea is good especially for our white phones.

Also has a sturdy little kickstand :cool:

Sent from my HTC One X