T-Mobile HTC One 4.3 3.24.531.3 RUU

Search This thread

rfn379

Mar 12, 2012
Bloomfield, NJ
Well since my laptop is brand new and I don't really have much on it I decided to restore it back to 8 from the 8.1 update. I have seen a handful of people mention that they had far more problems after the 8.1 update. Hopefully this will work. If not then I am just gonna do it from someone else's Windows 7 PC.

dinkk007

Dec 15, 2007

Htein

Jan 1, 2011
I'm in this same exact position.

Currently have firmware 3.06.1700.10, s-on, CID T-MOB010. I want to use the new T-Mobile 4.3 RUU to update everything, but it won't run, says I have the wrong version of the RUU. It's the correct version, so I'm assuming it doesn't like that I have a GPE firmware.

I've tried flashing the 3.62.531.1 firmware from several different threads here on xda, but I keep getting "failed - remote 99" errors .

Which firmware will get me back to the T-Mobile x.x.531.x firmware line so I can use the proper RUU?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2355814
TMOUS Firmware Packages - UPDATE 10/21 - LINK UP

Use the official firmware. Ensure you have stock sense Rom installed otherwise it will boot loop. I am not sure if you need to be in main screen when you run RUU.

I like to think not but I'm not exactly sure...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: trjlive

rfn379

Mar 12, 2012
Bloomfield, NJ
After restoring my PC back to Windows 8 from 8.1 and downloading the drivers from HTC Sync I FINALLY got the RUU to work. I don't think I'll be going back to 8.1 until I know for sure that it plays nice with fastboot. I don't feel like dealing with all this frustration again.

Htein

Jan 1, 2011
After restoring my PC back to Windows 8 from 8.1 and downloading the drivers from HTC Sync I FINALLY got the RUU to work. I don't think I'll be going back to 8.1 until I know for sure that it plays nice with fastboot. I don't feel like dealing with all this frustration again.

Works fine in 8.1 for me.

trjlive

Jul 24, 2013
Los Angeles / Orange County, CA
trjlive.com
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2355814
TMOUS Firmware Packages - UPDATE 10/21 - LINK UP

Use the official firmware. Ensure you have stock sense Rom installed otherwise it will boot loop. I am not sure if you need to be in main screen when you run RUU.

I like to think not but I'm not exactly sure...

I was finally able to get where I needed to be, but it was quite convoluted. For anyone else who finds themselves in the position I was in, which was running the GPE firmware 3.06.1700.10, with CID T-MOB010, here's what I had to do to get updated firmware with s-off.

I used Windows 7 Pro 64-bit with SP1. Disabled Antivirus and Windows Firewall.

Wipe device and install Guru_Reset_M7_1.27.531.11.zip from this thread, choose full wipe, restore stock recovery, don't root.

Re-lock bootloader.

Boot system, it will be stock T-Mobile Android 4.1.1.

Go into system updates. Install the HDR Camera fix only. Reboot.

Go into system updates again. Install the system update 3.24.531.3. It will take some time. If it reboots and fails the first time, just re-run the update until it completes. It took 3 times on my device.

Boot up, now you'll be in Android 4.3, with firmware to match the T-Mobile CID (x.x.531.x).

Next, I ran the RUU 3.24.531.3 from this thread. Make sure you have the latest HTC Sync software installed.

After running the RUU, my device was back to stock T-Mobile 3.24.531.3 with hboot 1.55, Android 4.3 with Sense 5. Boot up and do the first run setup.

Uninstall HTC Sync software completely. Reboot Windows.

Make sure adb detects your device properly.

Now, I ran the 3.24.531.3 Rumrunner from this download page. It poured 3 times and was successful. Yes, it was successful on hboot 1.55!!!

Now I have successful s-off with hboot 1.55, latest T-Mobile firmware and radio.

Then I reset the tampered flag, changed my cid to 11111111 supercid, unlocked my bootloader again, and updated the firmware to 3.62.401.1.

See attached photo (sorry for low resolution, that's the best my tablet can do).

Attachments

• IMG_20131102_122007.jpg
    IMG_20131102_122007.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 382

kevace1

Mar 22, 2009
New York City
Is changing the mid the same instructions as changing the CID, except ofcourse changing the command to "mid" instead of cid?

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Well your right about the the original att hardware not having the 1700WCDMA, but I thought like it occured with the original note, when you flashed the basebande, it retuned the phones radio to the frequencies the baseband permits. Am I correct with this? Anyone?

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

RangerLG

Sep 29, 2009
Houston
Well I'm not sure exactly what went wrong with my PC when it updated to 8.1 but it definitely was very uncooperative...lol. Glad I got it working though. I can't help but wonder if I did the update now if everything would still work. Not sure if I am feeling lucky enough to try...haha.

I was having issues until I installed the latest HTC Sync directly from HTC's site. Fastboot then worked fine. I'm on 8.1.

juanshop

May 3, 2010
do this instructions apply for this? (these are by mike1986)

Method 2 - flashing RUU (ROM Update Utility)

Visit this or this thread.
Find proper RUU for your device
Connect your device to the PC
Boot your device in fastboot mode (like you did during unlocking bootloader - power off the device and turn it on using power + vol down buttons and select "FASTBOOT")
Open up command prompt ( Start > Run > type cmd and hit enter ). The window that appears is called Command Prompt. <click here to see the image>
Navigate to where you unzipped "mini-sdk" package (type in Command Prompt: cd c:\mini-sdk). Note: make sure the path is not c:\mini-sdk\mini-sdk
In the Command Prompt type following command: fastboot oem lock
Flash RUU and follow on screen instructions.
You have now completely stock software on your device.

piimp

Feb 6, 2010
Gilbert, AZ
I was finally able to get where I needed to be, but it was quite convoluted. For anyone else who finds themselves in the position I was in, which was running the GPE firmware 3.06.1700.10, with CID T-MOB010, here's what I had to do to get updated firmware with s-off.

I used Windows 7 Pro 64-bit with SP1. Disabled Antivirus and Windows Firewall.

Wipe device and install Guru_Reset_M7_1.27.531.11.zip from this thread, choose full wipe, restore stock recovery, don't root.

Re-lock bootloader.

Boot system, it will be stock T-Mobile Android 4.1.1.

Go into system updates. Install the HDR Camera fix only. Reboot.

Go into system updates again. Install the system update 3.24.531.3. It will take some time. If it reboots and fails the first time, just re-run the update until it completes. It took 3 times on my device.

Boot up, now you'll be in Android 4.3, with firmware to match the T-Mobile CID (x.x.531.x).

Next, I ran the RUU 3.24.531.3 from this thread. Make sure you have the latest HTC Sync software installed.

After running the RUU, my device was back to stock T-Mobile 3.24.531.3 with hboot 1.55, Android 4.3 with Sense 5. Boot up and do the first run setup.

Uninstall HTC Sync software completely. Reboot Windows.

Make sure adb detects your device properly.

Now, I ran the 3.24.531.3 Rumrunner from this download page. It poured 3 times and was successful. Yes, it was successful on hboot 1.55!!!

Now I have successful s-off with hboot 1.55, latest T-Mobile firmware and radio.

Then I reset the tampered flag, changed my cid to 11111111 supercid, unlocked my bootloader again, and updated the firmware to 3.62.401.1.

See attached photo (sorry for low resolution, that's the best my tablet can do).

did you root your phone before you ran rumrunner?

trjlive

Jul 24, 2013
Los Angeles / Orange County, CA
trjlive.com
Any of you guys able to get this to work with rumrunner 0.5? That version is unavailable.

When rumrunner first came out, there were different versions for the different firmwares. They've combined them all into a single rumrunner program that works with all the firmwares. Yes, just download the most current version and it should work with hboots 1.54 and 1.55 just fine. Just make sure to follow the prereqs and get your system set up correctly. Drivers, working adb/fastboot, remove HTC Sync, etc. Most of the problems people have with rumrunner failing is because they didn't read everything and they skipped some steps getting their system/device ready.

funks

Feb 7, 2007
Here's how I got it working on T-MOBILE (S-OFF with this RUU)

Couldn't do it in windows, kept getting (Windows 7)

"FATAL: Download updated package at www.rumrunner.us"

Even though

* Windows Firewall Disabled
* No Anti Virus Program (in my case, I uninstalled Microsoft Security Essentials)
* HTC Sync Installed for Drivers (then uninstalled, ADB and FASTBOOT command worked without issues)
* RomRunner 0.5 used (ran it as "administrator")

Finally got it to work by doing the following (had to do it in LINUX)

1) Ran T-MOBILE RUU (which restored it back to stock with HBOOT 1.55, and 3.24 OS)
2) Went to HTC DEV and got my Unlock Code
3) Unlocked bootloader in FASTBOOT (fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin)
4) Flashed Recovery in FASTBOOT (fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.3-m7.img)
5) Let it reboot to Android
6) adb push UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.80.zip /sdcard/Download
7) adb push Bulletproof-m7-6.1.zip /sdcard/Download
8) adb reboot recovery
9) Using TWRP - install UPDATE-SuperSU, and also install the Bulletproof Insecure Kernel
10) Let it reboot to Android
11) Made sure fastboot was disabled
12) Made sure usb debugging was enabled
13) Made sure "Verify Apps" was unchecked
14) Made sure "Unknown Sources" was checked
15) Made sure supersu "automatically" granted ROOT REQUESTS
16) Made sure there is no lock screen
17) Boot with UBUNTU Live CD (13.10 i386- burn it to a DVD and boot with it - and pick Trial)
18) Downloaded RomRunner 0.5 for Linux using firefox
19) Opened up terminal (by going to search, then terminal)
20) Typed the following in the terminal

> cd Downloads
> tar zxvf romrunner_HTC_0.5.0.tgz
> sudo ./soju

21) Let it do it's thing - got S-OFF and able to flash different firmwares without issues.

---------- Post added at 07:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 AM ----------

To remove S-OFF (and removed RE-LOCKED, or TAMPERED info from BOOT LOADER screen) - here's what I did (coming from S-OFF setup)

> flashed - Guru_Reset_M7_1.27.531.11.zip

(from twrp)

> relock the device

fastboot oem lock

> flashed - T-Mobile firmware 1.27

fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip firmware.zip (probably have to do this command twice)

> reboot it and let it reconfigure, then push revone to it

(remove relocked) with revone
revone -l

(removed tampered) with revone
revone -t

> Run this RUU (which complete restores the device to stock with HBOOT 1.55 and OS 3.24) then immediately did
> fastboot oem writesecureflag 3 (only do this command if you restored let the RUU run complete and your device is completely stock).

Last edited:
Reactions: Paging Dr B

wolfepakt

Mar 1, 2008
Southeast WY
So I am reading this right. since I am S-OFF this will totally return me to stock. Re lock and everything EXCEPT changing the S-OFF.
Right?

Ebojager

Dec 13, 2011
Im on stock 4.4.2 s-on etc. No root. I couldn't run this ruu to get back to 4.3 could I? Sorry for stupid question.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those looking to return their phones to stock or borked their phones trying to update firmware only without the appropriate ROM.

http://dl3.htc.com/application/RUU_...10.38m.1157.04_release_336982_signed_2(2).exe

Enjoy.

I had no idea as well! But its from Behold_this, (who I sorely regret losing to the M8 threads :p) so I trust it. I have no idea how he got his hands on it considering its not up anywhere else. Since its a signed exe, I would be highly doubtful it was cooked, but I don't know anything is possible. I think Behold must have connections! :D

Lol I'm nobody special. On a related note, I haven't seen anybody post this yet, but stumbled across it, so...One last thing:

http://d-h.st/CKA
    Could someone point me in the direction of a 4.19.531 ruu if available? My device is soft bricked and I used this last night to fix it. After trying to install a rom it bricked again, but after doing an ota update, so now this one doesn't work. Am I thinking about that right? Or is there some other method I'm not thinking of. Thanks for any help

http://d-h.st/gCR
    just so anyone is confused. this was super easy to do to completely restore to a factory phone.

I was on TWRP w/ ARHD 22 ROM, unlocked bootloaded thru htcdev, S-On. here is all i had to do to flash this (super simple)

fire up fastboot on phone
    verify fastboot via cmd (fastboot devices)
    enter fastboot oem lock
    phone reboots and i now have **Tampered** **Relocked** on bootloader
    leave phone in fastboot and run the RUU file and 10 min later
    factory phone :)

thanks all for posting this, I'll be re-rooting and flashing custom recovery soon but so nice to have wifi calling back. :)
    I had same problem too... I had to flash just the firmware first. Then I flashed the ruu. For some reason the ruu didn't like the x.1700 gpe firmware.

I solved myself.

1- Have the correct CID "T-MOB010", MID "PN0713000"
    2- Flash the t-mobile firmware (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2182823)
    3- Relock bootloader
    4- Run the RUU