[Q] [HELP] T-Mobile rom on Verizon VS980?

Search This thread

preachtru

Mar 6, 2014
I recently switched from Verizon to T-Mobile. Currently I have NamelessROM installed but I can't get LTE, only HSPA+. I tried ParanoidAndroid and could get LTE, but it was extremely spotty and the cell connection went in and out a lot.

So I'm now trying to find a T-Mobile ROM that will work on my Verizon VS980 (or another ROM) that will let me get LTE AND good cell service. I saw this thread (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2606868) but everyone is saying the zip is corrupt and can't be flashed. I've tried searching and have read through numerous threads, but I'm not any further along in finding what I'm looking for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

ddarvish

Dec 20, 2009
I recently switched from Verizon to T-Mobile. Currently I have NamelessROM installed but I can't get LTE, only HSPA+. I tried ParanoidAndroid and could get LTE, but it was extremely spotty and the cell connection went in and out a lot.

So I'm now trying to find a T-Mobile ROM that will work on my Verizon VS980 (or another ROM) that will let me get LTE AND good cell service. I saw this thread (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2606868) but everyone is saying the zip is corrupt and can't be flashed. I've tried searching and have read through numerous threads, but I'm not any further along in finding what I'm looking for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

did you make any progress on this front? i would like to do the same thing as yourself!

gypsy214

Jan 24, 2011
Dallas, Tx
You can try doing this.
What I would do is get cloudystock rom and unzip it. Inside of it you will see a folder named variant. Get copy all those files from your variant folder and paste/replace on a tmobile rom with 7zip.
There you will have a tmobile rom with all the requirements from your model to work.
Let me know if this helps. Good luck