[RECOVERY] TWRP Touch Recovery 2.7.1.0 (N5100/N5110)

Search This thread

whitemolecule

Feb 8, 2014
Hi,
I managed to build latest TWRP for N5100/N5110.
This a test build you can flash from your existing recovery.
Odin packages and flashable ZIPs are now available for n5100 and N5110.

Download:
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=15631

What's new since 2.6.3.0?

What's new in 2.7.1.0:

Add GUI option to change or repair file systems on individual partitions. The change is destructive so backup your data including internal sdcard first. This option should make it a little easier to migrate a device from ext4 -> f2fs, for instance. You will find this option under Wipe -> Advanced Wipe, then select only one partition and then press the Repair or Change File System button. If a developer has added f2fs support for your device and we don't have it in TWRP, please contact me via PM to arrange for it to be added.
Various bugfixes to backup and restore
Improvements to USB storage handling
Added a class to search for files to make finding the correct brightness file automatic in most cases
Various other bugfixes and tweaks
NOTE: This is a test version and does NOT support f2fs, but you can switch to other filesystems

What's new in 2.7.0.0:

Faster graphics rendering by disabling alpha blending on fully opaque objects thanks to Tassadar
Allow sideloading from /tmp on encrypted devices
Check for a crypto footer before asking for a password to prevent user confusion
Additional checks for validity to auto generated backup names
Text wrap in the console output
Proper caps lock support in the keyboard
Mouse support via USB OTG for devices with a broken digitizer
Improve scanning of storage locations for OpenRecoveryScript
Haptic feedback for buttons, keyboard, and vibration at the end of longer running actions
Fixed ext4 wiping when no selinux contexts are defined for that partition (e.g. sd-ext)
Update SuperSU to 1.93 and improve installation process
Added selinux contexts restoration to fix permissions
Load RTC offset on Qualcomm devices to fix the date/time in recovery
USB Mass Storage fixes Add SELinux support checking
Add Disk Usage class to better handle excluded folders (e.g. Google Music cache)
Add 4.4 AOSP decrypt support
Add some toolbox utilities to TWRP (namely to support SELinux functions not supported in busybox)
Various SELinux fixes and bug fixes

Changelog:
Build 1:
-First release

Credits:
@sbrissen for original port and maintenance of CM11 for n5100/n5110/n5120.
@Dees_Troy & TEAMWIN for making TWRP

Last edited:

Fobz

Aug 8, 2012
Is there any chance for a 5120 version, if you don't mind me asking.

Sent from my GT-N5120 using Tapatalk

User_99

Jul 3, 2009
Thx for your effort. Great to have a updated Recovery. Can this used for all kind of Roms? 4.1.2, 4.2.2 and 4.4.x?

whitemolecule

Feb 8, 2014
Reactions: User_99

matthewtech770

Dec 11, 2010
Brooklyn NY
Build 2 is released.
Now n5100 and n5110 is supported. You can get tar files to flash via Odin or use zip files if you want to flash from your existing recovery (CWM, PhilZ or older versions of TWRP)
:DHello Sir thanks for your great work updating TWRP I been using Philz CWM recovery with no problems im thinking of trying yours which is better Philz CWM or TWRP hate to change since Philz is working let me know thanks :D

Reactions: Senyaka

glockman4519

Jun 5, 2013
Central Pa
plus.google.com
Wow again. Quickly, I want to say, it's nice to get back to TWRP. Been using Philzs and it does a good job but not as smooth and easy as TWRP. The only rom I can't use this with is CivZ's new 4.4.2. It won't allow me to hit the "next" button when installing the rom. All other roms work perfect. This is donation good. Thank you again.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using XDA Premium HD app

kstephens98

Apr 29, 2009
Thanks for this. Seems It has problems with Aroma installers. The screen orientation specifically. The screen stays in landscape and only allows the top half of the screen to show the aroma installation, while the touch sensitivity is still in portrait. In other words you have to touch the screen as if it were in portrait and kind of guess where the buttons would be while the actual pictures on the screen are in landscape on only the top half of the screen and very stretched looking. Thanks again for your work.

ramjet73

Jan 12, 2006
Honolulu, Hawaii
Thanks for this. Seems It has problems with Aroma installers. The screen orientation specifically. The screen stays in landscape and only allows the top half of the screen to show the aroma installation, while the touch sensitivity is still in portrait. In other words you have to touch the screen as if it were in portrait and kind of guess where the buttons would be while the actual pictures on the screen are in landscape on only the top half of the screen and very stretched looking. Thanks again for your work.
And that's why developers that use Aroma (like @civato) specify using Philz's Touch Recovery, which is a modified CWM, to flash their ROM's and kernels.

ramjet73

Reactions: glockman4519

glockman4519

Jun 5, 2013
Central Pa
plus.google.com
Nice observation. That is what I figured as well.. I usually have a flashable version of TWRP and Philz touch at the ready. I do a lot of testing with my tablet, with different roms and how apps work and can be modified with each.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: ramjet73

ramjet73

Jan 12, 2006
Honolulu, Hawaii
Nice observation. That is what I figured as well.. I usually have a flashable version of TWRP and Philz touch at the ready. I do a lot of testing with my tablet, with different roms and how apps work and can be modified with each.
Yea, I do the same thing.

The easiest way I've found to switch recoveries is to keep "recovery.img" versions of each one on the SD card, then move the files you want to flash to the SD card, use Flashify to install the recovery needed if it's not already there, then reboot into recovery with the advanced power menu. It's still a good idea to keep the .zip version of each recovery on the SD card in case you're already in recovery before you discover that you have the wrong version installed. It would be nice to have USB OTG mount available in this version of TWRP recovery since I can't seem to get USB storage working as there appears to be some conflict with ADB.

I tend to do all my backups with TWRP though since it supports compression and restores have been more reliable for me than using CWM. The backup formats are different so it doesn't make sense to use both.

If the Samsung devices supported "fastboot boot recovery.img" like Nexus, HTC and most other brands it wouldn't be necessary to actually flash an alternate recovery since it could just be booted as needed when the tablet is connected to a computer.

Edit: I just discovered that the "fixed" 2.6.3.0 version of TWRP from this post works fine with Aroma. It doesn't have the USB storage option in mounts (explained in this post) but I can't get that to work with this 2.7.1.0 version anyway. I'd love to use this updated version of TWRP but it would be nice if the Aroma support could be included from the 2.6.3.0 version and an OTG mount option (as opposed to USB storage) could be added.

ramjet73

Last edited:
Reactions: zeppelinmad4

pimpmaneaton

Inactive Recognized Contributor
I was wondering if there would be a possibility of getting this recovery in portrait mode. I am wanting to use a Holofied theme that has more options that can utilize TWRP even better but it does not work with landscape layout. I have already tried to take the Grouper TWRP and used its res folder and added that to the n5110 twrp and repacked the recovery.img and flashed but recovery is still in landscape but is displaying a portrait layout which is unusable.

whitemolecule

Feb 8, 2014
I was wondering if there would be a possibility of getting this recovery in portrait mode. I am wanting to use a Holofied theme that has more options that can utilize TWRP even better but it does not work with landscape layout. I have already tried to take the Grouper TWRP and used its res folder and added that to the n5110 twrp and repacked the recovery.img and flashed but recovery is still in landscape but is displaying a portrait layout which is unusable.

Yes, I will try to build in portrait mode when I have time, I think this will also fix aroma installer issues too.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    I managed to build latest TWRP for N5100/N5110.
    This a test build you can flash from your existing recovery.
    Odin packages and flashable ZIPs are now available for n5100 and N5110.

Download:
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=15631

What's new since 2.6.3.0?

What's new in 2.7.1.0:

Add GUI option to change or repair file systems on individual partitions. The change is destructive so backup your data including internal sdcard first. This option should make it a little easier to migrate a device from ext4 -> f2fs, for instance. You will find this option under Wipe -> Advanced Wipe, then select only one partition and then press the Repair or Change File System button. If a developer has added f2fs support for your device and we don't have it in TWRP, please contact me via PM to arrange for it to be added.
    Various bugfixes to backup and restore
    Improvements to USB storage handling
    Added a class to search for files to make finding the correct brightness file automatic in most cases
    Various other bugfixes and tweaks
    NOTE: This is a test version and does NOT support f2fs, but you can switch to other filesystems

What's new in 2.7.0.0:

Faster graphics rendering by disabling alpha blending on fully opaque objects thanks to Tassadar
    Allow sideloading from /tmp on encrypted devices
    Check for a crypto footer before asking for a password to prevent user confusion
    Additional checks for validity to auto generated backup names
    Text wrap in the console output
    Proper caps lock support in the keyboard
    Mouse support via USB OTG for devices with a broken digitizer
    Improve scanning of storage locations for OpenRecoveryScript
    Haptic feedback for buttons, keyboard, and vibration at the end of longer running actions
    Fixed ext4 wiping when no selinux contexts are defined for that partition (e.g. sd-ext)
    Update SuperSU to 1.93 and improve installation process
    Added selinux contexts restoration to fix permissions
    Load RTC offset on Qualcomm devices to fix the date/time in recovery
    USB Mass Storage fixes Add SELinux support checking
    Add Disk Usage class to better handle excluded folders (e.g. Google Music cache)
    Add 4.4 AOSP decrypt support
    Add some toolbox utilities to TWRP (namely to support SELinux functions not supported in busybox)
    Various SELinux fixes and bug fixes

Changelog:
    Build 1:
    -First release

Credits:
    @sbrissen for original port and maintenance of CM11 for n5100/n5110/n5120.
    @Dees_Troy & TEAMWIN for making TWRP

Yes, I will try to build in portrait mode when I have time, I think this will also fix aroma installer issues too.
    Build 2 is released.
    Now n5100 and n5110 is supported. You can get tar files to flash via Odin or use zip files if you want to flash from your existing recovery (CWM, PhilZ or older versions of TWRP)