[Q] USB Device Not Recognized (have searched the forums)
I have googled and found a lot of thread on XDA Developers and other websites discussing this problem, but none of the suggested solutions worked for me. When I plug the usb cable to my sgs ii, it charges but nothing happens. there's no "connected as media device" notification on the phone, and a few seconds later "USB Device Not Recognized" shows up on the lower right of the PC screen.
I have tried using the galaxy s ii usb cable and the galaxy s4 usb cable (which is brand new and works flawlessly with SGS4). My phone is Android 4.1.2 and unrooted.
These are the things I have tried so far after googling a lot. and none works.
1. Used a toothpick to move the micro usb "tongue" upwards.
2. Turned off the phone, get the sd card out, turn it on again and plug the cable back in.
3. Factory Reset the Phone. still nothing.
4. Use Samsung Kies on my PC and troubleshoot the USB connection.
5. download Samsung USB Mobile Drivers, install, and plug the usb cable again. still nothing.
please tell me if I miss something that I could do to fix the problem. this already happened to 2 PC (at home and work). I need the usb connection to back up some game saves using Helium because I'm switching to Galaxy S4.