[Q] Noob question

Search This thread

E30Nova

Oct 31, 2010
San Bernardino
Been waiting for today but now I don't know which phone to get lol.

I haven't used Sense since the Evo 4G and didn't really care for it, so I'm not sure if I'll like the new version or not. I'm wondering if I get the Verizon model, can I just install the GPE rom to get vanilla android? Obviously once the phone is rooted and all that jazz. I've never owned a phone that had a GPE edition so I don't know if you can flash the GPE rom on the non-GPE version...

Frankie1588

Sep 26, 2011

I haven't used Sense since the Evo 4G and didn't really care for it, so I'm not sure if I'll like the new version or not. I'm wondering if I get the Verizon model, can I just install the GPE rom to get vanilla android? Obviously once the phone is rooted and all that jazz. I've never owned a phone that had a GPE edition so I don't know if you can flash the GPE rom on the non-GPE version...

There is a good chance we will see GPE ROMs if we get root. The Verizon M7 did.

JoshuaFCB

Jun 15, 2012

Or you can just install nova launcher or the Google play launcher until someone develops a GPE rom

E30Nova

Oct 31, 2010
San Bernardino
Nice, well then I'll probably just get the Verizon model and if I don't like Sense, I'll just install a different launcher while waiting for a GPE rom. :D

daboyal006

Jan 28, 2013
After buying a nexus 5 , I'm refreshed to come back to sense after my first one device .. vanilla gets boring after so long

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using xda app-developers app

rotchcrocket04

Apr 20, 2011
North East, USA
After buying a nexus 5 , I'm refreshed to come back to sense after my first one device .. vanilla gets boring after so long

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using xda app-developers app

Gotta agree with you there. Sense has always ended up being my go-to. Especially since the M7 and now the M8... it's just soooooo smooth. Even my friend with a Nexus 5 was impressed by how smooth it is.