[Q] Disabling 2d gpu rendering (phoenix rom 18.8)

Search This thread

microprochessor

May 27, 2014
hi,

i installed phoenix rom 18.8 on my note 2 with "force 2d gpu rendering" tweak on. however, i'd like to disable it since i guess it is the reason for some kind of distorted display in some tv applications. how can i do it without re installing the rom?

note: even if you untick the option in developer settings, 2d gpu rendering option keeps being turned on, as also noted by developer of rom, tamirda.

thanks.

microprochessor

May 27, 2014
i found that there's a script "81GPU_rendering" under system/etc/init.d manages it. i tried to delete it but i could not (even with root privileges). how can i delete it? would it solve the problem - any idea?

microprochessor

May 27, 2014
i found that there's a script "81GPU_rendering" under system/etc/init.d manages it. i tried to delete it but i could not (even with root privileges). how can i delete it? would it solve the problem - any idea?

finally i could delete it; in addition, since this script removes another file named "libgles_android.so" under /system/lib/egl i restored it from another source; then i modified "egl.cfg" file which was changed by the script. however, these didn't fix the display. so i am still waiting for help..