[2.3 Morphs] Theme Chooser Add-ons: Lockscreens, Dialers, Boot Animations, Wallpapers

Which morphs do you use? (mulit-answer allowed)

• Basic

Votes: 177 41.0%
  • Rotary/Sliders (like transparent)

Votes: 264 61.1%
  • Standard

Votes: 179 41.4%
  • Finishing Touches

Votes: 197 45.6%
  • Dialer/Numbers

Votes: 164 38.0%
  • Boot Animations

Votes: 192 44.4%

• Total voters
Search This thread

huggs

Jan 12, 2010
the internet
This has me very curious. I checked out the latest Punk Pink version and made sure Upward didn't have any files in there that would override it, everything seems ok there. I expect changing to system in theme chooser won't make a difference, but still check please.

Could you also check, after running the morph, if the numbers have a slight reflection under them as shown in this pic:
dial_num_3_blk.png

If so, some files installed, and I may have an idea why the background ones didn't. If not, I'm still stumped.

Wish I had an mdpi device to test on.

Tried with system theme active, no change. No reflections under digits, looks like no files moved. Only thing I can think of is a difference in directory hierarchy??
I would say lets wait until somebody else uses the mdpi pink dialer and see if it works for them, to see if the problem lies in the morph or in my gf's phone/rom, or whatever. Plus I would feel bad if I put you through all this and it turned out to be something my fault.
I opened up the .zip and all the .9.png's were there, so it's not even that I got a bad download. :confused:

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

Dont Panic

Feb 27, 2011
Tried with system theme active, no change. No reflections under digits, looks like no files moved. Only thing I can think of is a difference in directory hierarchy??
I would say lets wait until somebody else uses the mdpi pink dialer and see if it works for them, to see if the problem lies in the morph or in my gf's phone/rom, or whatever. Plus I would feel bad if I put you through all this and it turned out to be something my fault.
I opened up the .zip and all the .9.png's were there, so it's not even that I got a bad download. :confused:

It's not the directory hierarchy, I downloaded update-cm-7.0.0-Slide-signed and looked around. I can't find any reason why they aren't installing, and I would expect to have more complaints if it was a problem related to the mdpi morphs themselves as they were all done the same.

Don't remember if you said so, have you tried ZipThemer on it?

huggs

Jan 12, 2010
the internet
Yeah, tried it before but cwm threw an error about updater script and something not being enabled (can't remember the exact name of what's not enabled in cwm atm) when I tried to flash the .zip. No biggie, she can just live with the regular dialer lol. Idk what could be causing the problem, but if it's working for others, then it's not worth messing with since it has to be a local problem with just her phone.

Dont Panic

Feb 27, 2011
Yeah, tried it before but cwm threw an error about updater script and something not being enabled (can't remember the exact name of what's not enabled in cwm atm) when I tried to flash the .zip. No biggie, she can just live with the regular dialer lol. Idk what could be causing the problem, but if it's working for others, then it's not worth messing with since it has to be a local problem with just her phone.

AAhhhh updater script. I just added a troubleshooting section in the third post. This may help:

-The default Update Script Format is Amend. This will not work on many devices. If your .zip failed to flash, open ZipThemer, hit menu-> Settings-> Update Script Format-> Select the Edify for your device. If your device isn't listed, select 'Edify - GenericHTC' or 'Edify - GenericSGS' if those apply to your device. Then rebuild your .zip and try flashing again.

huggs

Jan 12, 2010
the internet
AAhhhh updater script. I just added a troubleshooting section in the third post. This may help:

-The default Update Script Format is Amend. This will not work on many devices. If your .zip failed to flash, open ZipThemer, hit menu-> Settings-> Update Script Format-> Select the Edify for your device. If your device isn't listed, select 'Edify - GenericHTC' or 'Edify - GenericSGS' if those apply to your device. Then rebuild your .zip and try flashing again.

That's what it was, Edify. Cool, I'll do it in the morning, and let you know how it goes. Thanks, I knew there was a setting to correct that somewhere, but I had looked in CWM's Advanced menu and of course didn't find it. I bet I'll have a pink dialer on her phone by noon. Thanks for all your help man, you're unbelievably patient :cool:

Dont Panic

Feb 27, 2011
That's what it was, Edify. Cool, I'll do it in the morning, and let you know how it goes. Thanks, I knew there was a setting to correct that somewhere, but I had looked in CWM's Advanced menu and of course didn't find it. I bet I'll have a pink dialer on her phone by noon. Thanks for all your help man, you're unbelievably patient :cool:

No problem. If it works for you, do me a favor and test this mdpi boot animation morph? :D

ChameleonCMbootMdpiMorph.zip

Last edited:

SuperDave479

Jun 12, 2009
Sorry, fail on both. I thought I found the files, but morphing them in didn't work. Not sure where those orange files are coming from, possibly inside an .xml in the Browser.apk and Gallery3D.apk. I may do some searching in the future, if I can find those and change them that would be good to add to all my standard morphs.

That's ok, thanks for trying! As I was saying, I'm MUCH happier now anyway so it's all good.

Reactions: Dont Panic

huggs

Jan 12, 2010
the internet
Worked great with ZipThemer with HTC Generic Edify enabled. Looks awesome! But I'm gonna have to wait til tonoght to test out that boot animation, she left and took her phine with her. Soon as she gets back, I'll give it a go and let you know.

Dont Panic

Feb 27, 2011
Worked great with ZipThemer with HTC Generic Edify enabled. Looks awesome! But I'm gonna have to wait til tonoght to test out that boot animation, she left and took her phine with her. Soon as she gets back, I'll give it a go and let you know.

Glad you got it working.

I'm about finished converting all my boot animations to morphs, hdpi and mdpi. Once posted with instructions updated properly for them, finishing pink mdpi is next on my to-do list.

Hope to have all mdpi morph versions complete by the end of next week.

trickster2369

Feb 15, 2011
SD
Just morphed the Duck boot animation. I like it, but, is it supposed to flash after every revolution, or should it be smooth animation?

Dont Panic

Feb 27, 2011
Just morphed the Duck boot animation. I like it, but, is it supposed to flash after every revolution, or should it be smooth animation?

No, that flash is my mistake. I thought I got all the thumbs.db out of my morphs. Looks like I missed one. Let me clean up quick.

Edit: Redownload it now. Sorry about that. Rechecked all other boot morphs, good to go.

Last edited:
Reactions: trickster2369

Dont Panic

Feb 27, 2011
will this work on any phone?

As far as I know, yes. They were tested on my D1 running CM7, but I can't test on every device. If you are running CM7 they should work fine.

I consider them completely untested on other roms.

Edit: As Crash says, make sure you get the right type for your phone, hdpi or mdpi.

as long as you have cm7... just make sure you download the right type of phones zips...

I tried to give you a thanks on this post, but xda says I'm limited to giving 5 thanks per day. :)

Last edited:

3rdstring

Dec 19, 2010
Cincinnati
will this work on any phone?

As far as I know, yes. They were tested on my D1 running CM7, but I can't test on every device. If you are running CM7 they should work fine.

I consider them completely untested on other roms.

Edit: As Crash says, make sure you get the right type, hdpi or mdpi.

I tried to give you a thanks on this post, but xda says I'm limited to giving 5 thanks per day. :)

Using the ZipThemer method it should work to an extent on (some) other ROMs. I was able to add some OrangeOctane goodness to my phone running Froyo2.2.1.

Top Liked Posts