Search This thread

ace-drink

Dec 1, 2010
i know that....and i am not demanding anything...just asking if epsylon has the intention to do it or not... cant see anything wrong in that....he did it to the point the cam is working but inverted...i think it is legit to humbly ask if he will or will not make the cam the right way....

If not...okay....but i cant see anything wrong in asking...like it or not

ccav2000

Dec 19, 2010
Manga Cafe
Google Pixel 6 Pro
i know that....and i am not demanding anything...just asking if epsylon has the intention to do it or not... cant see anything wrong in that....he did it to the point the cam is working but inverted...i think it is legit to humbly ask if he will or will not make the cam the right way....

The problem is, that besides his own will, there is the matter if it is possible to be done. For CM7, I think he will succeed sooner or later, don't ask when though.

For ICS, everyone should know by now that it will take much longer to see a working camera.

zakoo2

Mar 16, 2011
Budapest
sry for posting this here, but i found no better place. im on the official 2.3.4 (v4.5.1-134), and i tried to install ICS. first i installed sndinit v2.0, rebooted, wiped cache/data/dalvik, but when i tried to install zip, i got the message: installation aborted. usb cable was unplugged, the phone is 60% charged. can you help me out? :confused:

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

Can't find the defy zip. Just Defy+ why? Thank you!

because the builds after the 7th of december are based on defy+ kernel.

crazy4tricks

Dec 20, 2008
Mumbai
sry for posting this here, but i found no better place. im on the official 2.3.4 (v4.5.1-134), and i tried to install ICS. first i installed sndinit v2.0, rebooted, wiped cache/data/dalvik, but when i tried to install zip, i got the message: installation aborted. usb cable was unplugged, the phone is 60% charged. can you help me out? :confused:

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

because the builds after the 7th of december are based on defy+ kernel.

Hi

May be the downloaded zip has corrupted pls. try with new one. hope it will help you :)

hackergnome

Apr 21, 2011
Bengaluru
916NhPlx

2ndboot = $afe mode!!!

See the bottom left corner!

Sent from my MB526 using xda premium

Last edited:

HomerSimpson07

Apr 28, 2011
Can't find the defy zip. Just Defy+ why? Thank you!

So, just to clarify this: The Defy and the Defy+ are excactly the same phones, so you can use any Defy+ ROM also on the normal Defy, even the Defy+ SBF's can be used on the normal Defy.

For those with the green camera, the camera won't work with a Defy+ ROM, but as the camera doesn't work on ICS anyway, that doesn't matter at this point.

swapnil360

Nov 16, 2011
Hello

I install 20 12 2011 CM9 and have some Trebuchet force close when i go to my apps and widget .

See logcat : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y1H9LQSA

Attachment of XDA say 500 internal server error

Thanks

Everybody has that problem :-(
Anyway, you can use the latest version of ADW. It supports ICS HW acceleration and it works great on the Defy.

Sent from my MB525 using XDA App

Reactions: mick711

[] AL []

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 22, 2011
great that ICS is making progress....

one thing to ask..... since i am stuck at 2.3.6 as well...will there be a CM 7.2 that can work with the red lens camera (not inverted)...would pretty much safe the device :)

yes i know...been using the one from december 15th but the camera is inverted on red lens defy and not working at all for green ones...

just wanted to know if the red lens defys will be fixed....otherwise the only working rom with a correct camera is the original moto 2.3.6 sbf.... but i like CM 7 much better and still need the cam

But I might remind you that your question was regarding CM7 and this is a CM9-ICS discussion thread... ;)

Anyway, if only you've had read the last 4 pages of Quarx's CM7 thread instead, a lot of the drama above would have been avoided.

Here, I'll even save you the trouble: just go read my post on that and you'll get all the details on how to get red lens camera working properly on CM7.2.

Peace out and happy Holidays Season to all.

Pottkopp

first of all thanks for this really fantastic rom and your very hard work you put into it ;) I love it!

but guys, I have a problem with the 1220 build. I can switch on wlan only 1 time per boot.. is there any solution for me to fix it by myself? ;) e.g. copying some files out of earlier builds where it worked?

thank you in advance :)

pottkopp

drsouly

May 28, 2010
first of all thanks for this really fantastic rom and your very hard work you put into it ;) I love it!

but guys, I have a problem with the 1220 build. I can switch on wlan only 1 time per boot.. is there any solution for me to fix it by myself? ;) e.g. copying some files out of earlier builds where it worked?

thank you in advance :)

pottkopp

having serious 3g data issues with this build. it stops receiving data after a few minutes -.-

gubshi

Oct 28, 2010
having serious 3g data issues with this build. it stops receiving data after a few minutes -.-

this was also present in the previous build. HSDPA won't work at all, and if you take a look at the first post, GSM Data needs to be optimised. Always wondering that noone points this out when saying "I use this as a daily ROM!". But maybe they're on 2G only, which allready works quite well.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Screenshot_2012-05-08.png
    Screenshot_2012-07-05-17-37-48%255B1%255D.png
    2011%2B-%2B1
    Screenshot_2012-05-08-10-58-59.png

2012%2B-%2B1
    2012%2B-%2B1
    2011%2B-%2B1
    11%2B-%2B2
    11%2B-%2B1

Download Links: http://tanguy.forumdoandroid.com

DONE:
    :cool: Startup, bootmenu and recovery
    24-11 ;) Touchscreen and keypad (multitouch too)
    24-11 :) Usb
    25-11 ;) New Network (netfilter) kernel modules (quota2, and fake qtaguid to enhance)
    26-11 :p wifi
    29-11 :D Fix egl configuration and colors
    29-11 =) Hardware accelerated ui
    29-11 :) Phone data
    30-11 :) Play the videos made with defy camera on CM7
    30-11 :) Fix sound and phone audio
    01-12 :) Fix Webkit (Browser), add Defy Parts, "reboot bootmenu" and "reboot recovery" (command line and UI menu)
    02-12 :) Fix orientation sensor, (but keep the launcher in landscape for the moment)
    02-12 :) Backuptool on update (keep market, baseband etc)
    05-12 :) Launcher (and lockscreen) in portrait mode... with auto rotate
    05-12 :( New bug (same bootloop as CM7)... but fixed by a temporary script until we get more info, the ICS one is on every boot ! but happens only since friday evening
    --> will fix also the CM7 bootloop
    06-12 :) Phone & Wifi fixed, 2D/3D acceleration fully fonctionnal on 2.3.4+ kernels
    07-12 :) Video support (youtube and gallery player)
    08-12 :) Fix proximity and light sensor for 2.3.x kernels
    09-12 USB fixes, updated some kernel modules, first steps for camera (still doesnt works)
    10-12 USB Theme, Baseband switcher is now in Defy Parts
    11-12 Torch and FileManager's come back, Defy Parts in System Settings... Some more Launcher2 options from upcomming "Trebuchet" (CM9 fork)
    13-12 Defy Parts Icon, Terminal Emulator enhancements, Duplicated Ringtones

20-12 Android ICS 4.0.3. After a lot of new bugs, build should be fine. Launcher2 can be buggy and performance is not better than 13 dec one. But, charger mode is fixed.
    23-12 MP3/AAC hardware acceleration (Quarx)
    23-12 Trebuchet grid size
    23-12 Adb fixes and Adb over network
    23-12 Power widgets
    23-12 Since 4.0.3 Wifi has problems to be re-enabled... no error log yet to understand the problem...

10-01 Sim pin unlock is now working (thanks to nadlabak, Droid, sholes maintainer)
    12-01 CMStats, New device settings style, new gb wifi module (still buggy)

18-02 Microphone fix, All french settings translations (except Trebuchet), core uevent and sysinit fixes... Refreshed Bootmenu Recovery
    Basic Wifi tether (allow to switch between wifi kernel modules without lock), There are still problems to attribute the ip, a manual command set it : ifconfig tiap0 <ip> [up]
    20-02 Wifi and Bluetooth Tethering (multiple clients supported) :) Wifi requires WPA2 or Open (WPA1 is buggy)
    21-02 FM Radio :) Thanks to Quarx for the last fix :)
    01-03 Camera Preview works... still require some tuning
    04-03 First Camera videos with OMX encoder (memory problems after 7 seconds)
    05-03 :) Camera videos fully working
    29-03 Android 4.0.4
    28-04 open source tiap_drv module finally working
    07-05 Barcode scanner working, camcorder is less buggy (maniac103 is back !)
    07-05 Theme support
    08-05 HWUI Shaders (thanks to nadlabak, the Motorola Milestone maintainer)
    08-05 Render Effects Preview
    14-05 HWUI working on froyo kernel (less bugs than defy+ kernel)
    14-05 Published in XDA News
    26-05 New Usage stats xt_owner2/xt_qtaguid is now working...
    06-06 New modules: ext4 filesystem support, ipv6 netfilter modules
    01-07 New klogger module to extend the logcat buffer size + "logcat -b kernel"
    05-07 Full HWUI even for Chrome and panorama ! (thanks to nadlabak again for his SGX stack reloader) -- CM9 RC1 incoming soon
    11-07 OMX Codecs are back, Fix Romupdater (v2.08) problems, related to ICS StrictMode
    16-11 Now supports custom kernels with "2nd-boot" profile in bootmenu... This profile on Defy and Defy+ builds is also compatible with the Green lens Defy users

CM9 Changelog: http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/

HOWTO: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1756234 (thanks to suttaroom)

TODO:
    Enhance Wifi Tether stability

MORE INFOS
    ICS status (XDA Wiki)

Google apps pour ICS 4.0.4 : http://goo.im/gapps

* (Require a Data Wipe, will not fully work with the old google account from cm7)

cmrabbit.png
    quarx.png

BUGS REPORT ON THIS THREAD PLEASE : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1381887
    maybe a new hope :

+nadlabak: Epsylon3: I've got it! SGX PVR 1.8 running despite the locked milestone kernel :D
    yes, like for CM10 ... JB is a kind of Cleanup of ICS which was very experimental.... Its always better the second time, but not all features are merged yet in main CM repos... but almost all...

So we are making a common repo for Defy and Defy+ also, and only this version will have official support... CM9 is already dead ;p
    I suppose the image means that the hack in the DEFY's kernel to replace the PVR code is a success. Damn... I was hopeful, but this is beyond expectations! Great job devs!

To be honest though, I'm not in a hurry to jump to ICS, it still has many bugs that don't exist in CM7.2, like some issues with the Data connection and WiFi issues I've been reading here in these forums. Maybe by Fall or Winter this year it will be stable enough for picky users like me ;).

I was expecting problems, but no, that solve almost all problems without any other change !

I think CM9 will be replaced by CM10, like Froyo after Eclair ... Time will tell us