[Q] Question about root

Search This thread

WormsCH

Feb 11, 2009
Hi guys, I've bought my new galaxy note 3 two days ago and I want to root it.
I've carefully read almost everything about root and knox, but some things are still obscure to me.

My note is running on Android 4.3

AP on N9005XXUDNK2
CP on N9005XXUDBJ7
CSC on MK2

According to the URDLV thread, I can't root AND keep my knox to 0x0

so my questions are:
There is any other way to root and keep my knox to 0x0 ?

If not, and if I still want root my phone, there is any advantage to use ROOT de la Vega instead of the cf-auto-root or any other way ?
(The cf way seem to be easier and faster)

Thank a lot for your help and sorry for my english :/

Rosli59564

Mar 10, 2013
Hi guys, I've bought my new galaxy note 3 two days ago and I want to root it.
I've carefully read almost everything about root and knox, but some things are still obscure to me.

My note is running on Android 4.3

AP on N9005XXUDNK2
CP on N9005XXUDBJ7
CSC on MK2

According to the URDLV thread, I can't root AND keep my knox to 0x0

so my questions are:
There is any other way to root and keep my knox to 0x0 ?

If not, and if I still want root my phone, there is any advantage to use ROOT de la Vega instead of the cf-auto-root or any other way ?
(The cf way seem to be easier and faster)

Thank a lot for your help and sorry for my english :/

Both URDLV and mobile odin cannot root without tripping knox with your phone bootloader.
Cf auto root is much easier. That's the advantage.

WormsCH

Feb 11, 2009
So, let's root with CF :p
and I hope someone will manage to find how to reset the knox. I'll add some $ to the bounty.

After rooting, will still be able to use OAT update ?

Rosli59564

Mar 10, 2013
So, let's root with CF :p
and I hope someone will manage to find how to reset the knox. I'll add some $ to the bounty.

After rooting, will still be able to use OAT update ?

Just now i flash back official firmware. No rooting, no custom recovery, still my phone status shows custom. So i think as long as you trip knox it will always show custom regardless if you're using stock or custom rom. However wanam exposed can revert it to official but not sure if OTA will work or not since no other update for my country but it does show 'your device is up to date' thing when i tried to update through OTA. So i guess it will work

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

Yes, RDLV will not trip your Knox, CF root does, correct me if I'm wrong. Once Knox is tripped, no OTA.

Not likely with MK2
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2498850

WormsCH

Feb 11, 2009
Ok, thank for your answers :)

One last question. I guess I'll not be able to use the installed app KNOX after the flag switched to 0x1 ?