How to set/write a custom PRL on Optimus G?

Search This thread

Whiplashh

Jun 29, 2012
Hello, I need help to set a custom PRL on my optimus G.

Just so this thread isn't flagged, I am not trying to do anything illegal. The sprint tower is down around here from the storm, and I just want to roam so I can send/ receive text messages. I will pay any calling on roaming fee and I am not going to use my 3G / internet on roaming. I am not trying to be forced out of my contract, I just want to be able to use the phone until the tower is back up.
I have had to do this once before on my Galaxy S3, so any help is appreciated.
Thanks again.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Whiplashh

Jun 29, 2012

drancid

Sep 26, 2010
Monterey Park
Helps a little.. thank you. Still stuck though. Both QPST and LGPST see my phone is there, but don't let me edit. I got the MSL /SLP but can't use it. Both programs say I phone is there, but won't edit. Please help :(

Sent from my LG-LS970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Did you enable Diag mode? seems like you need to enable it again everytime after reboot.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app

dopy25

Feb 21, 2009
Fresno
Yes I did. :(

-Whiplashh

Sent from a Premium Xda app using the Flo Nexus 7.

Did you ever get this situated? Or is the tower back up? I forget where I saw it but I remember finding hybrid PRL's that made your phone go into roaming (off VZW or something) and it would probably help you.

This might help if you still want, it's pretty freaking old but still, the concept is there
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=696073

Reactions: Whiplashh

Whiplashh

Jun 29, 2012
Did you ever get this situated? Or is the tower back up? I forget where I saw it but I remember finding hybrid PRL's that made your phone go into roaming (off VZW or something) and it would probably help you.

This might help if you still want, it's pretty freaking old but still, the concept is there
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=696073

Thank you. They put the towers back up. This phone is a lot harder to set custom PRL. The S3 had just a dialer code lol! But thank you. I hope that link will help someone else too!

Top Liked Posts