Htc advantage

Search This thread

lucky_strike33

I just cracked my screen and was wondering if anyone has gone through HTC advantage?

You Can get the screen repaired or get a replacement refurbished phone. What is the best option? I have never got a screen replaced. My phone has no problems at all and getting a refurbished just worries me that it won't be the same.

My All New One

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
I just cracked my screen and was wondering if anyone has gone through HTC advantage?

You Can get the screen repaired or get a replacement refurbished phone. What is the best option? I have never got a screen replaced. My phone has no problems at all and getting a refurbished just worries me that it won't be the same.

My All New One

to me this would depend..
they repaid screen only, so if your body took damage during the drop I'd get a replacement, if just the screen broke and rest of phone is mint id have them repair screen.

lucky_strike33

to me this would depend..
they repaid screen only, so if your body took damage during the drop I'd get a replacement, if just the screen broke and rest of phone is mint id have them repair screen.

Yes no body damage at all. Replacing the screen is not going to make a difference? It would be the same as when I first got the phone?

My All New One

lucky_strike33

Depends on how long you can do without your phone.

To get the screen replaced you have to send it in, let them repair it, then wait for it to be sent back. Or you give them $29 (I think) and they will overnight you a replacement phone.

They send out refurbished phones. My phone is perfect under the hood. Besides I still have my droid DNA to use. I can wait a week or 2.

My All New One

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
They send out refurbished phones. My phone is perfect under the hood. Besides I still have my droid DNA to use. I can wait a week or 2.

My All New One

I personally would send for repair then. It's been ing done by HTC so I'd imagine it willbe as good as new, esp since they should be expecting to do the repairs since releasing gthe advantage plan. Best of luck and let us know how it works out whichever way you choose.

avengedfo7ld

Oct 31, 2009
I personally would send for repair then. It's been ing done by HTC so I'd imagine it willbe as good as new, esp since they should be expecting to do the repairs since releasing gthe advantage plan. Best of luck and let us know how it works out whichever way you choose.

I just got my phone back from HTC for the screen replacement. I dropped the phone walking into Verizon to get a sim card the day I got the phone. Thankfully, HTC had the advantage program. I didn't even have to provide proof of purchase. I made a phone call, sent out my phone once I received the shipping label, nd a week later, I had my phone back ( I chose to repair my phone instead of getting the expedited replacement because they were out of gunmetal at the time). My phone had a small scratch and a little bit of damage on the bottom where it had hit the pavement, when the phone came back, it was like new again. The only downside to the whole process is the shipping speed HTC uses. 3 day UPS shipping to return, but hey it's free. Thanks HTC.

Napoleones

May 3, 2014

My All New One

They will just replace the screen itself. They have the one-time screen replacement, and they will not give you the refurbished one. They will send back to you the same phone you got. Before sending it back to them to replace the screen, better back up and restore everything first.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I just got my phone back from HTC for the screen replacement. I dropped the phone walking into Verizon to get a sim card the day I got the phone. Thankfully, HTC had the advantage program. I didn't even have to provide proof of purchase. I made a phone call, sent out my phone once I received the shipping label, nd a week later, I had my phone back ( I chose to repair my phone instead of getting the expedited replacement because they were out of gunmetal at the time). My phone had a small scratch and a little bit of damage on the bottom where it had hit the pavement, when the phone came back, it was like new again. The only downside to the whole process is the shipping speed HTC uses. 3 day UPS shipping to return, but hey it's free. Thanks HTC.