Asus Zenfone 5 - Unfortunately google play services has stopped!

Search This thread

kabak79

May 11, 2013
Stratford upon Avon
Hi guys

I'm asking you for HELP because I lost hope how to fix my problem with my new Asus Zenfone 5 on my own. I bought phone from China - Spemall.com (good and safe website). Phone is brilliant and very well made all is perfect except one thing - it was no play store installed. All other phones and tablets from them had play store installed this is first time when I had device without it.

I have this phone for two days now I was trying almost everything (in my opinion everything) to install both first Google Play Services and after that Play Store.

I downloaded both latest versions apk and first installed services and after play store but when trying to tap in play store icon all what I getting is

---Unfortunately Google play services has stopped.

I was cleaning data, cache, reinstalling both apps and even I did few times factory reset but nothing. I was still getting famous massage --- Unfortunately Google play services has stopped. Whatever I press Google settings or play store it will always end up in this same way.

Phone is not rooted!!!

I was using guides from you tube because that was easy start and you must start somewhere and sometimes when problem is little you are able to fix it but this time is different and my knowledge and you tube is not enough that's why I asking you guys to help me in this difficult moment.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Best regards

Kabak

kabak79

May 11, 2013
Stratford upon Avon
I think zenphone 5 is new and u have to wait
for new rom or root
install mobigenie instead of playstore

Hi Crazykk

Thanks for you help I did installed this before but did not liked and after watching you tube I found how to install: mobile 1 ---- Aptido and Amazon store (Amazon is tragically bad with few apps free).

Mobile 1 and Aptido are very good I must find out what I did before because you tube does not work I had Google play services installed and I was working few things on you tube just to check if they work.

Still looking for solution to get Google play services and Google play store to work .

Thank you for your help.

Regards

kabak

crazykk

Nov 16, 2013
I am from india i sold my xolo a500s nd planning to buy a Asus Zenfone 5 A501CG
but waiting for root
have u found any root method
sorry for off topic.

Biwole

Jul 13, 2014
Same problem..

Not yet is new model and that's why we have so much problems nobody knows yet what a schame.

I have same problem too... i bought my phone from spemall.com too...

But idiots send me CN_user version... Stupid idiots... and there is no PLAY STORE..

There is(icon like bag / ASUS (written) ) but its only ChINESE.. you can find so aplications and install them... i installet outlook.com, viber, metatrade, display test, google maps,
its working you can install aplications.. BUT FU KIN ChINESE....

WHY those spemall think i need chinese version.... i wrote to them for help... to install play store or WW version... but stil they dont help me...

and i think to send back this phone..

if you want to use this phone without play store...
1. use chinese play store ;) its working
2. install apk MOBOGENIE MARKET (i used it and its work again. just right now installed / team viewer ) its working good. (i think its working like play store)

BUT i want to ROOT WW_user version of my phone.

bye the way phone is AWESOME.. thank you spemall.. and FUK you spemall sending me CN version..

So if you fix problem with installing play store... please share it... i and trying to find out from 3 days :(

vanngoh

Apr 17, 2012
Singapore
I have same problem too... i bought my phone from spemall.com too...

But idiots send me CN_user version... Stupid idiots... and there is no PLAY STORE..

There is(icon like bag / ASUS (written) ) but its only ChINESE.. you can find so aplications and install them... i installet outlook.com, viber, metatrade, display test, google maps,
its working you can install aplications.. BUT FU KIN ChINESE....

WHY those spemall think i need chinese version.... i wrote to them for help... to install play store or WW version... but stil they dont help me...

and i think to send back this phone..

if you want to use this phone without play store...
1. use chinese play store ;) its working
2. install apk MOBOGENIE MARKET (i used it and its work again. just right now installed / team viewer ) its working good. (i think its working like play store)

BUT i want to ROOT WW_user version of my phone.

bye the way phone is AWESOME.. thank you spemall.. and FUK you spemall sending me CN version..

So if you fix problem with installing play store... please share it... i and trying to find out from 3 days :(

Go to this forum, got method to change frm CN ver to WW ver. In pg 70 onwards. Must go to asus.com singapore site to download the official firmware.

Meanwhile, enjoy this beautiful phone!

---------- Post added at 06:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 AM ----------

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/android-user-group-323/official-zenfone-5-thread-4646560-81.html

bluestar110h

May 11, 2015
Same problem with Asus Zenfone 2 (ZE551ML)

Hey guys
I have the same problem with Asus Zenfone 2 (ZE551ML)
Anyone can help me out please?
thanks

Hi guys

I'm asking you for HELP because I lost hope how to fix my problem with my new Asus Zenfone 5 on my own. I bought phone from China - Spemall.com (good and safe website). Phone is brilliant and very well made all is perfect except one thing - it was no play store installed. All other phones and tablets from them had play store installed this is first time when I had device without it.

I have this phone for two days now I was trying almost everything (in my opinion everything) to install both first Google Play Services and after that Play Store.

I downloaded both latest versions apk and first installed services and after play store but when trying to tap in play store icon all what I getting is

---Unfortunately Google play services has stopped.

I was cleaning data, cache, reinstalling both apps and even I did few times factory reset but nothing. I was still getting famous massage --- Unfortunately Google play services has stopped. Whatever I press Google settings or play store it will always end up in this same way.

Phone is not rooted!!!

I was using guides from you tube because that was easy start and you must start somewhere and sometimes when problem is little you are able to fix it but this time is different and my knowledge and you tube is not enough that's why I asking you guys to help me in this difficult moment.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Best regards

Kabak

sambovis

Oct 18, 2015
I use Zenfone 5(LTE) with kitkat for a while and I found a problem with Google Play Services / Open GMail/ and other apps , there is a problem with this version, I seen a error messages "Unfortunately, Google Play Services has been closed", / Unfortunately, Gmail has stopped", I don't know that its come from Google or on ASUS firmwares. If you have seen this error? i Think this Firmware already infected with new virus, i hope someone help me to solve this problem

E

Eyyuzame

I use Zenfone 5(LTE) with kitkat for a while and I found a problem with Google Play Services / Open GMail/ and other apps , there is a problem with this version, I seen a error messages "Unfortunately, Google Play Services has been closed", / Unfortunately, Gmail has stopped", I don't know that its come from Google or on ASUS firmwares. If you have seen this error? i Think this Firmware already infected with new virus, i hope someone help me to solve this problem

I have same problem and I CAN'T FIND A METHOD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think zenphone 5 is new and u have to wait
    for new rom or root
    install mobigenie instead of playstore