my tg01 for sale

Search This thread

jonnyhall1bmx1

Jul 29, 2008
bradford
this phone has no future its been stuck on wm6.5 that just doesnt work on this phone has too many bugs etc or wp7 whats totally usless on tg01 nothing works propperly and is just a usless phone for daily usage.

wm6.5 is dead and even the original orange rom for this phone is buggy and aftar usage it drops to like 40mb free ram.

mirom 8 cfc is the best so far but still has lots of bugs and makes using the phone horrible.

android well theres no android haha

wp7, no camera, sms dont work propperly, no accelerometer, browser is for multitouch so the double tap to zoom is not too good, iff battery goes too low phone does not charge,

general problems,
with all tg01 phones not just mine,

screen does not always turn on when pressing power button lags to turn screen on sometimes, anoying if wanting to do something quick.

accelerometer on this phone is usless for gaming because it does not work or lags that need htc sensor what most games need,

random hangs resets at times,

extremely bad for texting on,

poor battery life,

apparently theres 265mb of ram haha what the f*ck haha id believe it if they said 165mb free ram but 256 they must be on drugs or something as i have about 60mb free ram with nothing running and about 30mb free when using web :/

i cant be botherd going on now ;)

boxed with all extra, usb, usb host cable thing, charger, 4gb mem card, rubber case, all other **** all fully working il take £30 for it.

Scougar

May 22, 2010
USA
Is it unlocked via IMEI? How often does it crash?

BTW: The power button thing. You may find that pressing another button (like the camera button) makes the screen wake.

Scougar

May 22, 2010
USA
...and the crashing? How often? Is this is like crashing once a day, once a week etc? Does it crash frequently on the stock orange ROM?

fxdjacentyfxd

Sep 7, 2009
wm6.5 is dead and even the original orange rom for this phone is buggy and aftar usage it drops to like 40mb free ram.

Hi jonny. I can not agree that this phone is horrible as You mentioned.
I do not know what people are doing with it every day, but for me as a person who
every day :
- do some calls, sms, mms
- use internet connection directly ( Opera ) or indirectly ( TG01 as a USB or bluetooth modem )
- from time to time use different GPS navigation software both for car and pedestrian and do some photos,

it simply works perfect. Mentioned resets are in my opinion due to either some damages in Your unit or bad rom. On the other hand maybe I do not use my phone too heavy to detects problems You are talking about.
For me as a software developer WM is the best even though it is dead as You mentioned. None android, never.

Regards
fxdjacentyfxd

kevinpwhite

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 19, 2006
Hi jonny. I can not agree that this phone is horrible as You mentioned.
I do not know what people are doing with it every day, but for me as a person who
every day :
- do some calls, sms, mms
- use internet connection directly ( Opera ) or indirectly ( TG01 as a USB or bluetooth modem )
- from time to time use different GPS navigation software both for car and pedestrian and do some photos,

it simply works perfect. Mentioned resets are in my opinion due to either some damages in Your unit or bad rom. On the other hand maybe I do not use my phone too heavy to detects problems You are talking about.
For me as a software developer WM is the best even though it is dead as You mentioned. None android, never.

Regards
fxdjacentyfxd

I should have to echo the above sentiments. I use the TG01 all the time for all appropriate tasks from voice, SMS, music and video player, camera occasionally, weather info D/L on tap, internet (IE) .... the list goes on. Yes, occasionally there is a need to soft reset but it is occasionally and nothing toget excited about. But I have refined my WM6.5 ROM to a point where it fits like a glove to what I want it to do and I have no particular inclination to go in the direction of WM&. I just don't like the GUI and in particular, the inability to tweak to my tastes. So, just like I ran the old e830 on WM2003SE right up to a couple of years ago and then made the 'plunge' to WM6.5 (big step!) I shall probably stick with a very useable WM6.5 for a long time and until such time as there is a worthy successor which will give me the same capabilities.....

Best regards,

Kevin

fxdjacentyfxd

Sep 7, 2009
Hi Kevin.
I can only agree with You. Somewhere in the past I wrote that only
reason for me to change smartphone ( tg01 with WM6.5 ) will be its physical death.
So let my tg01 live long time :)

Regards
fxdjacentyfxd

Scougar

May 22, 2010
USA
Hi Kevin.
I can only agree with You. Somewhere in the past I wrote that only
reason for me to change smartphone ( tg01 with WM6.5 ) will be its physical death.
So let my tg01 live long time :)

Regards
fxdjacentyfxd

As mine did die at my own hands (WP7 upgrade went bad) and then I completely totalled it so it won't even power on eek!).. so I do need a new one.

I would like to buy it :) (Even though I have a LG Optimus 2X, I found the GPS more reliable on the TG01, and I like to record my cycle rides to and from work)

Scougar

May 22, 2010
USA
Jonny doesn't like Android ;)
I was quite tempted at getting the EVO...

It's a reasonable upgrade from my Desire S, but I don't think its enough ..

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Know what you mean... I'm only tempted to swap to it for the reasonable screen res 960*540 and the 1gig RAM on it, and for £229 that is damn good.

But... this is the problem.. I do want something that is better, but tegra 3 stuff is gonna be mega expensive :-(

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
Know what you mean... I'm only tempted to swap to it for the reasonable screen res 960*540 and the 1gig RAM on it, and for £229 that is damn good.

But... this is the problem.. I do want something that is better, but tegra 3 stuff is gonna be mega expensive :-(

Yeah I agree!
A major turn off for me is the 3D screen aswell, as the bulky design.

Had it been a Sensation, this would have tempted me more! (Even though its got 3/4 of this RAM)

For me, the EVO3D from Desire S, i only get a speed upgrade, bigger higher resolution display , better camera.

Everything else is more or less the same as my Desire S with the same UI.

I can tell you, HTC Android devices are fantastic, they really are much better than any other UI with Sense

I also saw your a regular GPS user, HTC provide great integration with their Location App. (Based on TomTom)

You should try one out! It may be a huge jump for from your 2X.

Did you get the 2X for £199 at Amazon by the way? :D

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

nikola92

Oct 25, 2010
Novi Sad
awww jhony :D how's your baby titan doin'? I am stuck with andoid for now, crashed screen on sgs2 and got DHD but not so much downgrade, as for EVO 3D oly dude thats not so big update for that kind of money. Sensation ok but EVO 3D is a epic fail so as optimus 3D, thats why sammy didn't want a 3D cellphone.

EDIT: by the way i sold my tg01 for 150 euros ;)

Last edited:

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
awww jhony :D how's your baby titan doin'? I am stuck with andoid for now, crashed screen on sgs2 and got DHD but not so much downgrade, as for EVO 3D oly dude thats not so big update for that kind of money. Sensation ok but EVO 3D is a epic fail so as optimus 3D, thats why sammy didn't want a 3D cellphone.

EDIT: by the way i sold my tg01 for 150 euros ;)

Nice! Yeah, the 3D part really turned me off!

I'm very interested in the new One X series now ;)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium

Top Liked Posts