Samsung I9103 Galaxy R Repair Dead By USB Cable no need JTAG NO Need Disassembly Phon

Search This thread

DR_MOOSAVI

Sep 27, 2008
SHIRAZ
Samsung I9103 Galaxy R Repair Dead By USB Cable no need JTAG NO Need Disassembly Phon

Download Links:X0X0X

Password:forum.sptbox.net

• how to enter APX mode:
  • hold "vol up"+"home" then connect usb cable to dead phone

after repair done phone will auto in download mode

full flash it by Odin all will ok

Enjoy free dead repair soft now
=======================
---------------
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=​

Klajnor

Aug 30, 2009
I have use this method and custom kernel = 0.
Nice work! But instruction is now enough full. It took about 3 hours of time to make sure that the phone worked.

Reactions: kakosst

'cooleagle'

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 19, 2012
I have use this method and custom kernel = 0.
Nice work! But instruction is now enough full. It took about 3 hours of time to make sure that the phone worked.

Could you tell what you did in a step by step manner, so that even the others facing the problem can use this method to solve it. :)

Klajnor

Aug 30, 2009
Mini step-by-step instruction:
0) Download and unpack archive to directory like c:\repair

1) Entering APX mode. Turn off phone. Hold Volume Up + Home buttons 10-15 second and plugin phone in usb port.
Install drivers from folder drivers in archive. After installing the device driver is defined as NVIDIA USB Boot-recovery driver for Mobile devices. It is mean that phone in APX mode.
You may try this method to enter APX mode: remove battery and unplug phone from PC. Hold Volumel Up + Home and plug phone to PC. Phone must be in APX mode now. Put buttery in phone.

2) Before do something do do nandroid backup. Copy it to PC.
Backup /efs to safe your IMEI.

3) Enter to APX mode, install driver and start GT-I9103.bat. If you have some errors - try again without rebooting phone. Or unplug-plug USB and try again.
Phone reboot in download mode.

4) Use Odin to flash ogiginal samsung ROM. I used сhinese ZCLA1 2.3.6. You must use PIT file to repartition file system of phone. p5.pit is on archive. If you try flash without PIT process will be fault.

5) When flashing finished load phone in recovery mode. Wipe /cache and try wipe /data.
Load android and format internal memory. Reboor in recovery mode again. Wipe all.

6) Now you have 100% work phone with custom counter equal zero, without yellow triangle and etc.
Take root and restore /efs to restore IMEI.
Take CWM, custom kernel and everything what you need.

Enjoy!

PS I have about 2-3 hours to sure phone work normal. If you know in advance - can be done in 15-20 minutes.

Google translate of my instuction( russian to english):

Training
0. Set unpack, better to go somewhere in the root directory, so in a way no spaces or other characters. But this is only a recommendation based on a small knowledge of Windows, I have a normal flash and the folder e: \ - = Samsung Galaxy R = - \ - = Dead Repair = - \

APX Mode
1.1 The largest shamanism - to be APX Mode. More or less reliable way, which I was able to do it - with the phone off hold down Volume Up + Home and plug the cord into the USB port. This method is reliable if the phone is alive.
If your phone firmware is broken (and it will be so if, immediately after the flash nvflash is not a normal firmware) - will have to catch this moment, because phone might try to get recovery (as it too may not be).
If you can not do it you can do: take out the battery, hold down Volume Up + Home and insert the cord into the computer. Once the phone is switched to battery mode APX return to the place, because flashing at a certain moment the phone off the USB port (just a guess, but without the flash batteries did not work).

1.2 After that, the phone went into the mode of APX, he determined on the computer as a device driver without APX. The driver is included. No problems with installation on Win 7 Pro SP1 x64 I do not have arisen. After installing the device driver is defined as NVIDIA USB Boot-recovery driver for Mobile devices. If you do so - then everything is fine.

2.1 What is necessary to have to start:
Actually set to restore the phone. He is quite self-sufficient.
Any firmware. I sewed the latest version of the Chinese I9103ZCLA1 2.3.6 firmware
Of course, Odin, the phone cord, and so you need to flash.
Be sure to make backup / efs. After nvflash IMEI, I folded to form 000004999900001 (well something like that, do not remember exactly).

If the actions are performed to reset the custom kernels - can be done at the beginning of nand backup. Yes, in general nand backup is needed in any case. Theoretically, such a scheme is possible: backup - nvflash - odin - cwm - restore. We get the phone in the same form but with zeroing counter. I am due to its krivorukost could not verify. In order not to repeat my mistakes - make a copy after the backup on your computer. It was quite unpleasant to lose all the settings over the last month (but then I blame myself, accidentally formatted the card).

2.2 Connecting the phone to APX to a PC, run GT-I9103.bat. If everything went without a problem - the script is complete without error and the phone goes into download mode. If there was a mistake - you can try again to flash.
For example when I have an error like in the image - just twitched and started the lace zanogo bat. I think if the phone was left in the mode of APX. My heart skipped a beat, but the second attempt the phone flashed fine.

Firmware
We sew a 3.1 firmware odin. Most importantly - do not forget to specify the file pit. It is a complete recovery. Bit to bit the same as there, that this firmware.
Without nutrition ask you not to succeed, because file system is a mess of half-dead sections. Sewed only some parts of the firmware. Once downloaded, the phone displays a picture of a bunch of Korean characters and English phrases like "Software update failure".

3.2 After the firmware partition / data, as I understand it, is not formed. I would suggest the following algorithm:
We go in and format the built-in recovery / cache.
Ship, and through him the android usb-format the drive. I then have to format it, just in case a recovery.

I do not know what will be if you try to install the firmware as soon as CWM, try to format all of them, and make recovery backup. I just have no backup at hand (accidentally formatted the same section of CWM / emmc and it was an external card, where to store my backups).

03.03 Well, after much room for activities. CWM and restore from backup or set up from scratch - you decide.

Conclusions:

When the curve could theoretically restore the firmware. Maybe even a bit boot-loader. I got the impression that the APX - a mode of the chip, not software. If iron is not dead - should help. In general, an hour and a half I have had the phone without a flash, probably the same at the time will resize partition to pull the cord and battery.
Resets the counter custom kernels, lost the yellow triangle. In general, if you flash the original firmware - can be easily dragged into service.
The method is not the easiest, there are many pitfalls, such as in the beginning, I forgot about the PIT, could not understand why the work is already in the phone memory is not working correctly, etc.
On the other hand, this method is not much harder than flashing the phone or through the odin cwm. Just add a few points.
Phone neubivaemy. Like my last samsung i780 (where I really made a mistake and did not start flashing in the sequence. And vykovyrivanie three parts of the firmware exe file - also had a very high risk). So much suffering in the firmware, but it is still alive. In general, I would say that acting on the instructions (or at least about following it) phone can not be killed. I love samsung for it.

'cooleagle'

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 19, 2012

1) Entering APX mode. Turn off phone. Hold Volume Up + Home buttons 10-15 second and plugin phone in usb port.
Install drivers from folder drivers in archive. After installing the device driver is defined as NVIDIA USB Boot-recovery driver for Mobile devices. It is mean that phone in APX mode.
You may try this method to enter APX mode: remove battery and unplug phone from PC. Hold Volumel Up + Home and plug phone to PC. Phone must be in APX mode now. Put buttery in phone.

3) Enter to APX mode, install driver and start GT-I9103.bat. If you have some errors - try again without rebooting phone. Or unplug-plug USB and try again.

4) Use Odin to flash ogiginal samsung ROM. I used сhinese ZCLA1 2.3.6. You must use PIT file to repartition file system of phone. p5.pit is on archive. If you try flash without PIT process will be fault.

5) When flashing finished load phone in recovery mode. Wipe /cache and try wipe /data.
Load android and format internal memory. Reboor in recovery mode again. Wipe all.

6) Now you have 100% work phone with custom counter equal zero, without yellow triangle and etc.

Enjoy!

PS I have about 2-3 hours to sure phone work normal. If you know in advance - can be done in 15-20 minutes.

Nice! :D

Now many people in this forum should be able to get their Galaxy R back to life from the dead thanks to you! :cool:

Just one suggestion brother, keep on monitoring this thread if any person has any doubts or is facing any problem while trying to solve using your instructions, you could help them better. :)

I am going to directly link this post in the FAQ section.

Cheers (with a bottle of super fine Russian Vodka) ! :D

Reactions: abcdzoony
M

m.kochan10

One suggestion: Volume Up + Home doesn't bring any effect. To enter APX mode I had to press Volume Up + Home + Power button. Interesting that this is the way to reach recovery on some Galaxy handsets.

Klajnor

Aug 30, 2009
Volume Up + Home + Power button - it is also work. I wrote Hold Volume Up + Home buttons 10-15 second and plugin phone in usb port. I thing this way is more reliable

Reactions: coolcorner

majeed

Aug 24, 2006
hyderabad
Hi,tried the above method for I9103 but when i proceed the steps it shows the download mode initialzed and the window shuts up and the fone remain dead,no response on fone. Installed drivers for APX and Iam using XP Sp3.

Klajnor

Aug 30, 2009
What window shuts up? bat script? If you mean bat - then that normal. If you want see result of it work use cmd.exe to run script.

Turn on phone in download mode( vl_up + home + power or vl_up + home and plug phone in usb) and try flash any firmware via onid (don't remember use pit file from firmware or from repair folder).

cj_neonyx

Aug 16, 2009
After restoration, at me runs not into a downloading mode, and in mode NVFLASH Recovery Mode

Attachments

• 2049xrf.jpg
    2049xrf.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 409

nedooo

Dec 26, 2010
Sarajevo
Just to report, there is no APX mode on my SGR :(
Wait is it just black screen?
Yesss it is :D

Last edited:

azhar.munshi

Apr 11, 2011
i want to reset my binary without jig can anyone guide me with proper steps & i dont want to ruin my phone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Download Links:X0X0X

Password:forum.sptbox.net

• how to enter APX mode:
    • hold "vol up"+"home" then connect usb cable to dead phone

after repair done phone will auto in download mode

full flash it by Odin all will ok

Enjoy free dead repair soft now
    =======================
    ---------------
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=​

Enjoy!

Training
    0. Set unpack, better to go somewhere in the root directory, so in a way no spaces or other characters. But this is only a recommendation based on a small knowledge of Windows, I have a normal flash and the folder e: \ - = Samsung Galaxy R = - \ - = Dead Repair = - \

APX Mode
    1.1 The largest shamanism - to be APX Mode. More or less reliable way, which I was able to do it - with the phone off hold down Volume Up + Home and plug the cord into the USB port. This method is reliable if the phone is alive.
    If your phone firmware is broken (and it will be so if, immediately after the flash nvflash is not a normal firmware) - will have to catch this moment, because phone might try to get recovery (as it too may not be).
    If you can not do it you can do: take out the battery, hold down Volume Up + Home and insert the cord into the computer. Once the phone is switched to battery mode APX return to the place, because flashing at a certain moment the phone off the USB port (just a guess, but without the flash batteries did not work).

1.2 After that, the phone went into the mode of APX, he determined on the computer as a device driver without APX. The driver is included. No problems with installation on Win 7 Pro SP1 x64 I do not have arisen. After installing the device driver is defined as NVIDIA USB Boot-recovery driver for Mobile devices. If you do so - then everything is fine.

2.1 What is necessary to have to start:
    Actually set to restore the phone. He is quite self-sufficient.
    Any firmware. I sewed the latest version of the Chinese I9103ZCLA1 2.3.6 firmware
    Of course, Odin, the phone cord, and so you need to flash.
    Be sure to make backup / efs. After nvflash IMEI, I folded to form 000004999900001 (well something like that, do not remember exactly).

If the actions are performed to reset the custom kernels - can be done at the beginning of nand backup. Yes, in general nand backup is needed in any case. Theoretically, such a scheme is possible: backup - nvflash - odin - cwm - restore. We get the phone in the same form but with zeroing counter. I am due to its krivorukost could not verify. In order not to repeat my mistakes - make a copy after the backup on your computer. It was quite unpleasant to lose all the settings over the last month (but then I blame myself, accidentally formatted the card).

2.2 Connecting the phone to APX to a PC, run GT-I9103.bat. If everything went without a problem - the script is complete without error and the phone goes into download mode. If there was a mistake - you can try again to flash.
    For example when I have an error like in the image - just twitched and started the lace zanogo bat. I think if the phone was left in the mode of APX. My heart skipped a beat, but the second attempt the phone flashed fine.

Firmware
    We sew a 3.1 firmware odin. Most importantly - do not forget to specify the file pit. It is a complete recovery. Bit to bit the same as there, that this firmware.
    Without nutrition ask you not to succeed, because file system is a mess of half-dead sections. Sewed only some parts of the firmware. Once downloaded, the phone displays a picture of a bunch of Korean characters and English phrases like "Software update failure".

3.2 After the firmware partition / data, as I understand it, is not formed. I would suggest the following algorithm:
    We go in and format the built-in recovery / cache.
    Ship, and through him the android usb-format the drive. I then have to format it, just in case a recovery.

I do not know what will be if you try to install the firmware as soon as CWM, try to format all of them, and make recovery backup. I just have no backup at hand (accidentally formatted the same section of CWM / emmc and it was an external card, where to store my backups).

03.03 Well, after much room for activities. CWM and restore from backup or set up from scratch - you decide.

Conclusions:

When the curve could theoretically restore the firmware. Maybe even a bit boot-loader. I got the impression that the APX - a mode of the chip, not software. If iron is not dead - should help. In general, an hour and a half I have had the phone without a flash, probably the same at the time will resize partition to pull the cord and battery.
    Resets the counter custom kernels, lost the yellow triangle. In general, if you flash the original firmware - can be easily dragged into service.
    The method is not the easiest, there are many pitfalls, such as in the beginning, I forgot about the PIT, could not understand why the work is already in the phone memory is not working correctly, etc.
    On the other hand, this method is not much harder than flashing the phone or through the odin cwm. Just add a few points.
    Phone neubivaemy. Like my last samsung i780 (where I really made a mistake and did not start flashing in the sequence. And vykovyrivanie three parts of the firmware exe file - also had a very high risk). So much suffering in the firmware, but it is still alive. In general, I would say that acting on the instructions (or at least about following it) phone can not be killed. I love samsung for it.
    I'll try do it, but my english is bad. I thing will be difficult to understand what i mean.
    Is there any chance to recover data from the internal memory of the phone before we can start this complete process?

No not possible...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

yes. By paypal donation mechanism, but was a purchased. Sorry, did not want to confuse, but it is literally what it said on the web.

Could you please give us the link, so that it will help people who have this issue.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
    Nice! :D
    Just one suggestion brother, keep on monitoring this thread if any person has any doubts or is facing any problem while trying to solve using your instructions, you could help them better. :)

Ок. I will monitor this theme when it possible