[UNOFFICIAL ROM] [AOSPA] [D2LTE] ParanoidAndroid 4.3 BETA3 (MAY06) | 4.4.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

drbveb88

Mar 7, 2011
Northern Virginia
+1

This ROM has ruined my crack flashing. I love the tablet mode and the 9/6 build has been so stable that I don't need to switch, but it's odd being on the same rom for so long...

+1 to all of this. I keep flashing the new roms but i do it knowing deep down that i will be restoring my paranoid at some point. I do like the note 2 camera and gallery thats in the Tastemybeans rom.

Anyway we can get that camera on paranoid?

Shhh... My galaxy is a little Paranoid

rainabba

Mar 16, 2008
BT Audio A2DP

I'm having the strangest experience where some apps will play through A2DP just fine (like Google Play Music) while other play for a brief period like 20 seconds (Ambling BookPlayer Pro), and others put out no audio at all (Slacker and just about everything else I've tried).

Can anyone else confirm this, deny having this issue, or know of a fix for it? My results are consistent across multiple devices and I'm quite experienced with bluetooth (not like it's that difficult) so I'm pretty confident it's a ROM issue.

I did do full (multiple) wipes before installing and the ONLY other issue I'm having is that Google Now reports that location service is off though I'm not actually having any GPS issues. I've even used navigation and real-time updates are smooth.

ddurandSGS3

Jun 12, 2012
Was playing with settings and lost my two column settings from the drop down menu.

I followed nottas advice and it didn't work for me...please help!!!!

PureLife90

Sep 5, 2012
Anybody else having the problem where you can't send a large message? I have to set my settings to split large messages and it's getting rather annoying... I know that slimrom has it fixed. I'm currently running 9/6. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

aznguyen316

Feb 8, 2007
Anybody else having the problem where you can't send a large message? I have to set my settings to split large messages and it's getting rather annoying... I know that slimrom has it fixed. I'm currently running 9/6. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Do you use stock messaging app? Can try third party like GOsms.. if you prefer stock then download CM10 9.08 or later and pull the Mms.apk from it and put it into the system apps folder on the phone and reboot. backup your Mms.apk and try. but I thought the 160 character limit is fixed in all CM10s etc. Just a suggestion. I think someone else has released a modified Mms.apk on the Vzw S3 forums with the 160 limit

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1870427

try that..

PureLife90

Sep 5, 2012
Do you use stock messaging app? Can try third party like GOsms.. if you prefer stock then download CM10 9.08 or later and pull the Mms.apk from it and put it into the system apps folder on the phone and reboot. backup your Mms.apk and try. but I thought the 160 character limit is fixed in all CM10s etc. Just a suggestion. I think someone else has released a modified Mms.apk on the Vzw S3 forums with the 160 limit

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1870427

try that..

I do have go SMS but when I send over 160 characters it fails to send. SO I have to go into my settings and make set it to split large messages so with that being said when I send over 160 characters it sends 2 text messages to the person I'm talking to. With a stock rom or with slimrom, it doesn't split the messages and it always successfully sends the large messages.

imablackhat

Sep 15, 2005
www.zevink.com
First issue so far. Screen wouldn't wake up. LEDs came on though. Had to battery pull. Been on this ROM for week. Latest stable. Restarted multiple times. No issue. Here's a first.

Sent from my SCH-I535

aznguyen316

Feb 8, 2007
First issue so far. Screen wouldn't wake up. LEDs came on though. Had to battery pull. Been on this ROM for week. Latest stable. Restarted multiple times. No issue. Here's a first.

Sent from my SCH-I535

I actually had that happen to me today. It has happened twice, once on a CM10 official nightly and then today on paranoid. Been on 9.06 and first time it's happened to me. The time it happened on CM10 I was able to hold power button for like 15s and it turned off.

Today nothing I did would work although on screen touch vibration worked and front hardware key lights came on. So I had to pull battery. Leankernel v.12.

Cynema

Aug 1, 2012
Can't get Wallet to add cards..
But my battery is pretty great, 13h 26 minutes and was at 17% with 2h 57m of screen on.

pinhead875

Aug 4, 2010
Thanks! I found the thread. It is stickied over in the AT&T S3 section under General. Got it set up now I just need to do a real world test to make sure it works! :)

Thanks. I found he thread and read the directions. But there are so many zip attachments on that post. Which one did you use?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

PureLife90

Sep 5, 2012
okay good to know. I was listening to music (poweramp) at the time. It kept playing while the screen wouldn't turn on. Even after pulling the headphones it played through the speakers. All the way up until I pulled the battery.

It did that to me a few times as well. I just pulled battery then I booted into clock work and wiped cache and have been fine since then

notta

Nov 1, 2010
2.12 Update

I recommend a full wipe and Remember to re-adjust your system sounds!

System settings/Sounds/Volumes and adjust the volume sliders for each mode until you hear sound. This should activate all sounds properly! Double check your alarm! ;)

With that said 2.12 has been added to the main download link of the OP! Here as well!

I ran this last night for a bit but rebuilt today, all seems well so far! :D

• CWM: Wipe Data/Factory Reset
  • CWM: Install Zip: Rom: pa_d2vzw-2.12-15SEP2012-103129.zip - 162.42 MB (Previous Builds Post 2)
  • CWM: Install Zip: Gapps: http://goo.im/gapps/ (latest gapps-jb)
  • CWM: Wipe Cache Partition
  • CWM: Advanced/Wipe Dalvik Cache
  • Reboot and edit your Apps Dpi & Layout under Settings/Paranoid Settings - DO NOT RESTORE YOUR OLD PROPERTIES FOR NOW
  • If you want to explore the various phone modes, tap "Configuration," chose an option, wait for it to finish, then do a manual reboot
  • Video tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72Ow-YQeex4

Added below to OP as well!
General Changelog - http://paranoid-rom.com/forum/changelogs-news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts