airjordanmmix

Dec 1, 2009
NYC
Making mistake make you learn from them

Does no one read this?
qanatyhy.jpg

Sent from my HTC6500LVWBLU using Tapatalk 4

If I've helped, please hit the thanks button

Of course I did read that, but if you read in the same place, he was asked if this worked with .8 or 10 and I'm not saying I didn't flash this because I did. But after that I can't flash anything else sending command to my phone. But we learn from the mistake. And I will learn from this one. Since long ago I didn't flash nothing to any HTC phone because I was using the galaxy S2,3,4 until now that I decided to get the HTC one.

HypostaticOnion

Of course I did read that, but if you read in the same place, he was asked if this worked with .8 or 10 and I'm not saying I didn't flash this because I did. But after that I can't flash anything else sending command to my phone. But we learn from the mistake. And I will learn from this one. Since long ago I didn't flash nothing to any HTC phone because I was using the galaxy S2,3,4 until now that I decided to get the HTC one.

Well you obviously messed up somewhere. Cuz you seem to be the only person who's had an issue. I haven't used it but I'm not worried about it. Someone else just said they used it on your same software version but it's working fine for them.

Sent from my HTC6500LVWBLU using Tapatalk 4

If I've helped, please hit the thanks button

airjordanmmix

Dec 1, 2009
NYC
Can you give me an hand on this please?

I'm just looking for help, that's why I mentioned you, now you telling me to flash the RUU, where can I find it? I'm not an expert doing this that's why I read a lot before I do something to do exactly what I read from those person like you and others that now how to do this. Otherwise I wouldn't be here looking for someone to help me fixing this. I'm not asking for that much. Giving me the right link and command I just follow the steps

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
I'm just looking for help, that's why I mentioned you, now you telling me to flash the RUU, where can I find it? I'm not an expert doing this that's why I read a lot before I do something to do exactly what I read from those person like you and others that now how to do this. Otherwise I wouldn't be here looking for someone to help me fixing this. I'm not asking for that much. Giving me the right link and command I just follow the steps

The RUU is VERY easy to find, it's even in this SAME section, but here , http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2437436. This is my advice, flash the RUU. The thread will tell you how. I am not the go to guy for everything, I can only offer advice, it's your phone, though.

Last edited:

santod040

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Nov 7, 2008
NorCal

I think you are greatly confused. :eek:
The hboot does not change your software or your actual software version.
The hboot does include an Android-Info.text file with it so that it will install on your device.
In that text file is the software version it expects to find on your device when it loads, which is mainver: 1.10.605.8.
If you want it to read mainver: 1.10.605.10 on your hboot screen, simply change the 8 to a 10 in the text file using notepad++ and flash the file.
Just because the hboot screen reads mainver: 1.10.605.8, doesn't mean it actually reverted your software to that.
Your software version can be more accurately found in system settings.

If it's that big of a deal, I can post one with the software version changed in the text file.
Though it will not change anything other then the number you see in hboot.

I think flashing an RUU at this point is a waste of time, unless you have some kind of real issue.

Last edited:

airjordanmmix

Dec 1, 2009
NYC
I like the way you respond to me, thank you!

I think you are greatly confused. :eek:
The hboot does not change your software or your actual software version.
The hboot does include an Android-Info.text file with it so that it will install on your device.
In that text file is the software version it expects to find on your device when it loads, which is mainver: 1.10.605.8.
If you want it to read mainver: 1.10.605.10 on your hboot screen, simply change the 8 to a 10 in the text file using notepad++ and flash the file.
Just because the hboot screen reads mainver: 1.10.605.8, doesn't mean it actually reverted your software to that.
Your software version can be more accurately found in system settings.

If it's that big of a deal, I can post one with the software version changed in the text file.
Though it will not change anything other then the number you see in hboot.

I think flashing an RUU at this point is a waste of time, unless you have some kind of real issue.

I would really appreciate very much if you can do that for me, sorry for the confusion and for kindly respond to me and for trying to help me. I'm just looking to be able to flash again like I was doing it before I flashed this file. It did worked because the red text disappear from the screen but after that my phone just didn't accept any other command. Please if you can do that file for me, do it! Thanks again and sorry at the same time.:good:

santod040

Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
I would really appreciate very much if you can do that for me, sorry for the confusion and for kindly respond to me and for trying to help me. I'm just looking to be able to flash again like I was doing it before I flashed this file. It did worked because the red text disappear from the screen but after that my phone just didn't accept any other command. Please if you can do that file for me, do it! Thanks again and sorry at the same time.:good:

I will gladly post that for you. (here you go)
However, it is not going to change anything other then the version that shows in your hboot.
You claim to be having issues flashing files now, that is not due to the hboot in this thread.
It also is not going to change from flashing the same hboot again with a different text file in it.
Sounds to me like you need to figure out what your issue is with flashing files to your device.
Maybe you could be more specific as to what you mean when you say that you can't flash files anymore.
What method are you using to flash them and what errors are you getting? What is the actual problem?
Again, the hboot doesn't change whether you can flash files or not, it's the same hboot you have had.
Maybe you have a recovery issue or something else that needs attention.
I just don't want you expecting that a new hboot file from me is going to change your ability or inability to flash anything on your device.
In summary: You have some other issue going on which you will need to resolve. My hboots aren't the cause or the solution to your issue.

Last edited:

airjordanmmix

Dec 1, 2009
NYC
I will gladly post that for you.
However, it is not going to change anything other then the version that shows in your hboot.
You claim to be having issues flashing files now, that is not due to the hboot in this thread.
It also is not going to change from flashing the same hboot again with a different text file in it.
Sounds to me like you need to figure out what your issue is with flashing files to your device.
Maybe you could be more specific as to what you mean when you say that you can't flash files anymore.
What method are you using to flash them and what errors are you getting? What is the actual problem?
Again, the hboot doesn't change whether you can flash files or not, it's the same hboot you have had.
Maybe you have a recovery issue or something else that needs attention.
I just don't want you expecting that a new hboot file from me is going to change your ability or inability to flash anything on your device.
In summary: You have some other issue going on which you will need to resolve. My hboots aren't the cause or the solution to your issue.

I completely understand! I'm using my phone right now to reply to you but I connected my phone with everything read like when I ran the rumrunner_m7wlv_1.10.605.10 I also have USB debugging enable, HTC drivers are installed, adb and fastboot.exe are in the same folder together with the other tools like super user "I downloaded all this together in this folder called Root_HTC_One_Verizon after putting my phone on hboot>fastboot I was able to flash "fastboot flash recovery-clockwork-6.0.3.6-m7vzw.img and then fastboot erase cache then choose bootloader and recovery then power.
I also read you and sent the command fastboot oem rebootRUU then fastboot flash zip Santods_1.54_hboot.zip then my phone stopped at 90% and I sent the other command that you posted in here fastboot reboot-bootloader (to reboots my device to bootloader) then reboot my phone and the red text wasn't there anymore. Then I was trying to update the recovery by sending this command fastboot flash recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.4-m7vzw.img but it didn't because stayed at sending command and never pass from there.
one last thing, my phone don't go to fastboot oem rebootRUU anymore when i try to send the command just like i did when i first read this post. i don't understand why "sorry for all this" i'm just trying to explain you what happened to me, you seem to be a very educate person by the way you responded to me, no like the others

Last edited:

santod040

Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
I completely understand! I'm using my phone right now to reply to you but I connected my phone with everything read like when I ran the rumrunner_m7wlv_1.10.605.10 I also have USB debugging enable, HTC drivers are installed, adb and fastboot.exe are in the same folder together with the other tools like super user "I downloaded all this together in this folder called Root_HTC_One_Verizon after putting my phone on hboot>fastboot I was able to flash "fastboot flash recovery-clockwork-6.0.3.6-m7vzw.img and then fastboot erase cache then choose bootloader and recovery then power.
I also read you and sent the command fastboot oem rebootRUU then fastboot flash zip Santods_1.54_hboot.zip then my phone stopped at 90% and I sent the other command that you posted in here fastboot reboot-bootloader (to reboots my device to bootloader) then reboot my phone and the red text wasn't there anymore. Then I was trying to update the recovery by sending this command fastboot flash recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.4-m7vzw.img but it didn't because stayed at sending command and never pass from there.

That's because that command you typed is not correct.
It should be:

fastboot flash recovery NameOfRecovery.img

It needs to know it is flashing a recovery, then the filename.
You only provided the filename and did not specify that it was a recovery image you were flashing.
You had:
fastboot flash recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.4-m7vzw.img
If that is the the actual filename, then you should have typed:
fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.4-m7vzw.img

Hope that helps...

Reactions: airjordanmmix

airjordanmmix

Dec 1, 2009
NYC
this is the file i downloaded

That's because that command you typed is not correct.
It should be:

fastboot flash recovery NameOfRecovery.img

It needs to know it is flashing a recovery, then the filename.
You only provided the filename and did not specify that it was a recovery image you were flashing.
You had:
fastboot flash recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.4-m7vzw.img
If that is the the actual filename, then you should have typed:
fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.4-m7vzw.img

Hope that helps...

First thing you should do is install drivers(if not installed already) I included them, choose the correct drivers for your Operating System(64bit or 32bit) for your computer.
Visit www.htcdev.com to unlock your bootloader,login or create an account, select "Unlock Bootloader",click "Get Started",from the drop down window below "Supported Devices" choose "All Other Supported Models", click "Begin Unlock Bootloader".You just follow the prompts from there.(see below for steps 5-10)
Now that you are unlocked you can flash TWRP recovery (I have included the latest version or the latest version can be downloaded here I'll add a link here when it becomes available)
To run all cmd commands just click the cmd shortcut I provided
Reboot into bootloader by holding down Volume Down and Power button for 10 seconds. When your phone reboots, let go of the Power button for 1 second then hold it down again
Once in bootloader, choose “FASTBOOT”, hit the Power button, then plug-in your microUSB cable from your phone to computer.
Installing TWRP
Now type "fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.6.0.1-m7vzw.img" without the quotes and press enter
Now type "fastboot erase cache" without the quotes and press enter
This will install custom TWRP recovery on your phone so you can start flashing custom ROMs.
Installing CWM v6.0.3.x
Uncheck fastboot in the rom in power options
Turn phone completely off
Boot into HBOOT>Fastboot
Use command "fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.4-m7vzw.img" without the quotes or
"fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.4.4-m7vzw.img" also without the quotes
Now type "fastboot erase cache" without the quotes and press enter
Now Choose “BOOTLOADER” and hit the Power button.
Choose “RECOVERY” and hit the Power button.
Choose “Install” in TWRP or CWM Recovery. Choose the Superuser program you want and swipe(TWRP)it's been a while since I used CWM you know what to do :D to install it. This will give your HTC One-Sprint root and Superuser app.
Choose “Reboot System” to reboot.
Once rebooted, you should be all good to go, you now have unlocked bootloader, TWRP or CWM v6.0.3.x recovery, and fully-rooted phone.
htcdev notes:
Step 1: Remove and reinsert the battery then proceed to step 2. For devices without a removable battery, long press the power key then select restart. Hold down the volume down key while restarting to start the device in Bootloader mode.
Step 2: Press Volume Down and Power to start the device into Bootloader mode.
Step 3: Use the Volume buttons to select up or down. Highlight Fastboot and press the Power button.
Step 4: Connect the device to the computer via a usb cable
Step 5: is not need you can use this file in place of Android-SDK (but you may want to download it anyways you never know when you might need it)
Step 6: Open up command prompt- If using Windows Vista or Windows7 you can press shift and right click the folder and choose open command window here

"now i will try to do what you told me to do and see if i can get my phone into fastboot oem rebootRUU to be able to flash the file you just posted for me

Tigerstown

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 20, 2013
Detroit
i used the locked file an it worked great on my wifes phone an mine 1st try on ubuntu couldnt get it to work on windows just got unknown error. dont even know why i try anything on windows anymore thanks very cool

sacnotsack

Dec 27, 2010
bro...
when you mess with an hboot the ONLY person to blame is YOU.
peace.

Ha! Best answer ever

Sent from the One and Only

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

That's why I don't mess with hboot at all. Might work for most, but with my luck I will do everything to the T and I'll have a borked device.

Sent from the One and Only

|nsomniA

Aug 21, 2011
i used the locked file an it worked great on my wifes phone an mine 1st try on ubuntu couldnt get it to work on windows just got unknown error. dont even know why i try anything on windows anymore thanks very cool

Also using Windows and getting "Unknown error" when executing fastboot flash zip Santods_1.54_hboot.zip command. CMD prompt is launched as administrator and fastboot oem rebootRUU & fastboot reboot-bootloader commands work without issue. The Santods zip file is located in the adb/fastboot directory and is named accurately. Any help would be appreciated.

Could I just unzip and extract the hboot_signedbyaa.img file and use a fastboot command to flash it?

Thanks in advance,

|nsom

Last edited:

fader01

Mar 22, 2010
Flashed in Windows 7 perfectly fine... Not a single hiccup in the process.

I flashed the Faux Locked and S-On one.

Reactions: santod040

santod040

Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
.10 hboot modified to remove the red text only, now added to the OP.
The .08 works on either one and so does the .10, but some folks prefer to be on the latest one available.
So I thought I'd go ahead and put it together, test it, and post it up. Enjoy!

Tigerstown

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 20, 2013
Detroit
Was the faux hboot updated to .10 as well?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does the red development text on the splash screen bother you after unlocking your device?

If so, I have a modified hboot for you that takes care of it.
    This was simply hex edited by me to remove the text from the screen, no other changes were made.
    I have tested it and it is 100% proven to work without any side effects.

FROM THIS >>>
    358xhqb.jpg
    TO THIS >>>
    2nc2fpt.jpg

Let's get to it!
    You must be S-Off to do this!

To Install:

• Download your No Red Text hboot or Faux Locked hboot from the bottom of this post:

• Place the zip in your fastboot/adb directory on your computer.
    • Put the device in fastboot mode
      (Volume down and power until menu appears, select fastboot using power button)
    • Connect the device to the computer
    • Enter the following commands from terminal/command prompt in the fastboot directory, one at a time:
    • fastboot oem rebootRUU (this puts the device in RUU mode)

• fastboot flash zip nameoffile_hboot.zip (this flashes the modified hboot zip file)
    Important: the flash process halts at around 75% to 90% on phone screen! This is normal and a safety precaution!
    The last few percent is the reboot, which is NOT happening automatically, so you get a chance to check the console output before reboot to make sure it is safe to reboot!
    The bar will only fill up to 100% once you type the following command:

• fastboot reboot-bootloader (this reboots the device to bootloader)

That's it, you're done. You can now reboot and not see the red text anymore. ;)

If you have any questions or issues, let me know.

Now for my RED TEXT: :p

Disclaimer
    You are aware that writing to the security protected partitions increases your risk to lose the device exponentially.
    You understand and agree that i cannot be held responsible for such or any other damages.
    The flash process is theoretically safe and tested, however you are the brains behind the wheel and you are solely responsible for the execution of the process.
    I will not accept any responsibility. The method itself is developed by Google and HTC, i only provide access and information to it and you execute it.

You understand that you should not do it if you are not willing to accept this risk.

If you plan on reverting to stock-relocked, for any reason:
    You should follow the above steps first, but use this Stock Restore hboot instead.
    Do this before you relock the bootloader.

-FAUX LOCKED HBOOTS-
    (not really Locked and S-on but appear that way)

Since I initially posted this:
    I had a couple requests for a modified hboot that shows the device as being Locked and S-On, while being completely unlocked and S-Off.
    I went ahead and made that as per request and have tested it as well.
    The process is the same as the one I wrote above, with the exception of the filename.

Enjoy and be careful!!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Santods Hboot Mods - m7vzw, Tool/Utility for the Verizon HTC One

Contributors
    santod040

Version Information

Created 2014-08-19
    Last Updated 2015-12-22
    No Red Text and Faux Locked 1.56 Hboots added to OP!
    From latest stock 4.4.2 OTA 3.11.605.1
    Enjoy! :good:​
    Dark hboot mod

DARK BOOTLOADER

I have modified and repackaged the Google Play Edition Dark Bootloader for safe flashing on the Verizon HTC ONE(m7)!

This was NOT originally made for the m7vzw.
    You understand that although it has been well tested and used by me, that you are flashing this at your own risk!

Now that we got that out of the way, here is a picture of it and a download link!

IMAG0030.jpg

Follow the same steps I outlined in the Original Post above.
    ENJOY!

DOWNLOAD:

UPDATED from latest GPE 5.1 OTA - 09-17-15
    Santods Dark Bootloader for m7vzw

Dark boot mod

I've had several requests for this and since I have safely been using it for a while now, I figured I'd go ahead and post it for others.

DARK BOOTLOADER

I have modified and repackaged the Google Play Edition Dark Bootloader for safe flashing on the Verizon HTC ONE(m7)!

IMAG0030.jpg

DOWNLOAD IS IN POST #2

UPDATED!~

Added 6.22.605.3 m7vzw Lollipop 5.0.2 No Red Text and Faux Locked hboots!