[bug] Wifi signal strenght not shown in status bar

Search This thread

franklinvv

Aug 16, 2009
Eindhoven
My home network uses WPA-Personal security, so I don't have the idea that it's related to that. Tomorrow, I have the opportunity to test WPA2-Enterprise at my university so I will report my results afterwards.

I am connected to the wireless network at my university using WPA2-Enterprise, and I can see two white arcs indicating signal strength. So apparently, I am only experiencing this problem at my home. Did anyone try something simple as renaming the SSID to see if that changes anything?

kiz

Dec 24, 2008
Edinburgh
Look in your router settings and see if it supports AES, and try that. That's the last thing I can think of to eliminate that is different about our setups.

franklinvv

Aug 16, 2009
Eindhoven
I just renamed the SSID of my network, and tried to connect with the new SSID and voila ... I can see all bars in bright white! So, that seems to be a workaround.

My router does support AES, so I might try that as well whenever I lose the white bars all over again.

themadczech

Aug 19, 2009
Manchester
My experience with

Linksys WGT54G

» Correctly indicates signal on OPEN network, no encryption
» Shows solid dot only on WEP, WPA2

Netgear WG602v3

» Shows bars correctly on WEP; not tried other encryption

VidJunky

Dec 8, 2010
Just the dot

Just the dot. A day or so ago I noticed that I seemed to lose bars. They were there then gone, but they came back. The next time I noticed I was outside and thought 'I'm outside...'. Then last night I noticed, thought I was losing signal but everything worked. Checked the Wi-Fi settings almost by accident and saw my signal strength was excellent. I was dumbfounded, then found this thread. Tried all this stuff and, you guessed it still have just a dot.

Rezound
ruu ICS

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

This worked for me935243]Just the dot. A day or so ago I noticed that I seemed to lose bars. They were there then gone, but they came back. The next time I noticed I was outside and thought 'I'm outside...'. Then last night I noticed, thought I was losing signal but everything worked. Checked the Wi-Fi settings almost by accident and saw my signal strength was excellent. I was dumbfounded, then found this thread. Tried all this stuff and, you guessed it still have just a dot.

Rezound
ruu ICS[/QUOTE]

Spoiler

Well I was a little bummed when I left, but thought I'd look one more time. Happy that I did but now I'm confused. Simply rebooting the phone restored all bars. Didn't notice it on any other networks but it may not have been happening then? Still don't know why or what happened. Guess it's wait and see.